View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

Guide: How to create a teleportation machine!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 18:41

Hey guys, Arex here, and while Spacebuild is loading all its shiznit, I'm going to explain how to make a teleporter! :D

Posted Image

First off, to start off with, you're going to need a SHIP or something that you want to teleport. This can be big or small (although small works better and causes less lag.) - A quick sidenote, anything WELDED to the object will also teleport to it, as if they were all one object (Useful for bringing weapons and such along, eh? :P)

Posted Image

Next, we're going to need to create a HYPER DRIVE CONTROLLER. This is under the entities menu, near the bottom. Take this, and weld it onto your ship.

Posted Image

Next, we need a WIREMOD - RADIO. The settings you want to use are 3 values (X,Y,Z, for the coordinates) and you want it on ANY channel (but you want to remember which channel. I used 1, for simplicity.) This allows us to radio in coordinates for where to teleport. You can use a constant value for this, if you know the exact place you want to teleport (Otherwise, continue on with the rest of the guide :D)

Posted Image

next, we are going to wire the X_jumptarget of the Hyper Drive Controller to the value 1 of the Radio, y_jumptarget to value 2, and z_jumptarget to value 3 of the radio.

This is for making your landing strip, or wherever you want to teleport.

Posted Image

Create a platform of some sort (i used a generic phx 4x4 block) and create a radio with the SAME settings on it. This will transmit the coordinates to our ship.

Posted Image

Next, we need a way to tell WHERE our platform is. We will use a WIREMOD - GPS for this. It will give the coordinates of wherever the GPS is, even if you move it around, etc. This is great for creating landing point that you can move if needed. ^^

Posted Image

Next, wire the GPS X value, to Radio 1, GPS Y value to radio 2.. But thats IT. DO NOT WIRE GPS Z just yet.

The reason for this, is that the GPS is giving the coordinates of the GPS. If you tried to teleport with that coordinate, you would be stuck halfway in the ground.. and no one wants that. :(

So, how do we get around that problem..?

#2 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 18:41

Posted Image

We create a constant value chip (I used 30 for this example, you're most likely going to want to use anywhere from 100 to 500 depending on the size of your ship)

Posted Image

And we also create an ADDITION GATE chip (Sorry, missed a screenshot. x3) - We will then wire the GPS Z value to the Addition chip (A) and the constant value to Addition chip B. The result, will be wherever the GPS is.. Plus our constant value (in this case, +30) which will teleport us 30 units ABOVE the GPS (And hopefully, above the landing pad rather than it it! :D)

Posted Image

At this point, it should look like the above if you go and check the radio attached to your ship - It should be receiving coordinates just fine. If not, check and make sure you followed the wiring correctly. :)

Posted Image

Lastly, you're going to need an advanced pod controller on your ship (I'll assume you know how to do this - If anyone needs a guide, just PM me and ill write one :P) and you'll want to set it up as so..

Posted Image

You want to wire the JUMP from the Hyper Drive to a key on the advanced pod controller (I used space for this example..)

Now, if you did everything right, whenever you press space, you will TELEPORT to wherever the landing pad is. This will work if your landing pad is moved, etc. Hope this gives you some great ideas on how to achieve WARP SPEED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj178APgdno

#3 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 18:46

Guide is done! :D

Bob: Removed the unnecessary posts. ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users