• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 03 July 2013 - 22:24

It's getting to the point now where GMR is not as fun as it was for me when I first joined LDT GMR.

The suggestion I would like to make is, can we have it so you can sell the 10th prestige. This is so that people who have completely maxed out have the ability to max out again whilst people who are prestige 0 - 9 still have the fun of leveling from 0 to 10

I don't know about anyone else but for me GMR is about racing, earning cash and upgrading your car. For me at the moment, I have reached 10th prestige and have around 2.2 million dollars in cash. Don't get me wrong I love having a completely maxed out car as I can mess around with all the different parts to build a complete tank when playing arena to selling my parts to be a complete noob again however it's just not the same as starting from scratch and earning money to build your car up again.

It's the feeling of needing to finish a race and gain as much cash as possible to buy that next engine upgrade that you've been waiting for hours to get as you always get destroyed or lose races. I know you could just sell all your parts to get the same sort of effect but once you have completely maxed out with over 2 million cash it all seems pretty pointless and gets very repetitive and boring.

There is also competing to get the best times possible on each map. Yeah this is great fun beating those top times but for me there is a lot more to the game mode than getting the best times.

So if the answer is a straight "No, we will not be able to allow you to sell your 10th prestige" for whatever reason, then I am going to be the first one in history to ask ...

"Can I please be reset to the day I first joined LDT GMR please" (Yes that means reset from 10th prestige back down to absolutely nothing)

Thank you :)

#2 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,527 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 22:33

I suppose there would be no harm in adding a shop item that puts you back to Prestige 9.
Otherwise we could add a "megaprestige", allowing you to do all 10 prestiges over, one final time.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#3 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 22:38

And then Mega-mega-mega-mega-mega-megaprestige and so on so forth
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#4 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 03 July 2013 - 22:42

I suppose there would be no harm in adding a shop item that puts you back to Prestige 9.
Otherwise we could add a "megaprestige", allowing you to do all 10 prestiges over, one final time.

Either of those would really be great :D

#5 Didileking

Didileking

• 608 posts

François le Francais!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 13:12

Could be a good idea :P

But, what will be the price of mega prestiges and did that will add a difference than normal prestiges?

daopul18368.png

#6 Ministry

Ministry

• 339 posts

Regular User

Posted 04 July 2013 - 14:01

But when/are you going to add more prestiges? and yes i would like to start again as well its pretty boring
Maybe a little bonus for doing them again?

Edited by Ministry, 04 July 2013 - 14:48.

That Australian guy!

#7 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,527 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 15:42

I've always said Prestige 10 should have been 1 million $, but psy never listened to me. :(
  • loz likes this

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#8 Ministry

Ministry

• 339 posts

Regular User

Posted 04 July 2013 - 18:53

Haah
That Australian guy!

#9 Didileking

Didileking

• 608 posts

François le Francais!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 19:22

I've always said Prestige 10 should have been 1 million $, but psy never listened to me. :(

Every prestieges should have a different price !

daopul18368.png

#10 Ministry

Ministry

• 339 posts

Regular User

Posted 06 July 2013 - 00:35

Or you could just swap steam accounts with a good friend and upgrade his car thats fun as well haha. Was just doin that before while he was being a constant boost/wall whore with my Apprntaly OP 10th prestige car haha dont think he could handle the power. Bet him 3 quarters with a maxed out no prestige car lololol
That Australian guy!

#11 loz

loz

• 107 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:47

Bumping this because I could literally copy and paste all of Daniel's topic for myself, I need something else to do. I miss the grind, a reason to crawl over the finish line, i'd happily re-do all 10 prestiges, or earn a mega prestige, or race to get a giant bright pink with fluffy unicorns fancy car skin for 10 million dollars or some goal to work towards! :D

That escalated quickly...

But could I sell a prestige, cos that'd be nice?

How do you kill a vegan vampire? With a steak to the heart.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

#12 Iksman

Iksman

• 541 posts

an absolute madman

• LocationBarendrecht

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:17

Why not make a secondary steam account, family share Garry's Mod over to it and then just play with that account?

"How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real" - Jaden Smith

"What to heck ????" - Billy Ray Cyrus

"This all wouldnt be happend." - eddyke1

"Then is the pizza becomes cold" - Gio

[Steam] [Youtube] [Twitch]

#13 loz

loz

• 107 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:43

a few reasons spring to mind, I don't want to split time between 2 accounts given the amount my main gets messaged on steam, if I somehow accidentally set records on a second account then I'd be filling up leaderboards with loz loz loz and denying others their place to boot, if I had wanted to do it on a second account I would have done by now, I'm asking this because I want to do it on my main :P

#14 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 18 December 2014 - 14:04

Is selling prestiges really more favourable over simply more and longer prestiges?

LDT is LDT.

#15 loz

loz

• 107 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 18 December 2014 - 17:59

well some people/(addicts?) who can readily chuck out a prestige in under a week could repeatedly sell for infinite replay value, just making them a bit longer is a second option but I would argue it already takes a good 250+ hours to get from 0 to 10, and you don't see too many people sticking with it past 3rd prestige or so atm (willing to take into account the decline in popularity since summer holidays ended).

Giving us more prestiges would give those of us with a max car who are bored something to do for a couple of months, but I think i'd be back here to ask the same question whenever I hit whatever new max there was to hit

#16 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 18 December 2014 - 18:27

You would also die.

LDT is LDT.

#17 loz

loz

• 107 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 18 December 2014 - 18:40

oh well I shall fall in the line of duty, sir!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users