Gyro Pod Tutorial
Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:38
1) Spawn a Gyro using the "Gyro Pod (Advanced)" tool
2) Spawn a seat, an advanced pod controller and a wired numpad. Make sure the wired numpad has toggle ticked.
3) Equip the "Advanced Pod Controller" tool. Right click on the Pod Controller, then right click on the seat. They are both linked now. Equip the "Gyro Pod (Advanced)" tool and do the same. Right clicking on the gyro, then on the seat. Now they are linked as well.
4) Wire everything as follows using the "Advanced Wiring Tool".
Forward on gyro -> W on pod controller
Back on gyro -> S on pod controller
Activate on gyro -> 1 on wired numpad
1 on wired numpad -> R on pod controller
5) To activate your gyro, press R when sitting in the seat. W and S go forward and back. The pitch, yaw and roll are all mouse controlled.
6) To make our ship auto level itself, wire as follows.
Level on gyro -> Space on pod controller
6) To make our ship freeze midflight, wire as follows.
Freeze on gyro -> 2 on wired numpad
2 on wired numpad -> Shift on pod controller
6) Now if your ship is upside down. Hold the spacebar when sitting in the seat to level the ship. When in flight, and you want to stop the ship completely and freeze it, press shift. Pressing shift after that will unfreeze it.
7) To change the speed of your ship. Or to change the speed of pitch, yaw or roll. Spawn a "Constant Value" with the speed you want. For this example, give it two values. The first one can be "5". The second can be "10". Wire it as follows.
PitchMult of gyro -> 5 on constant value
YawMult of gyro -> 5 on constant value
RollMult of gyro -> 5 on constant value
Thrustmult of gyro -> 10 on constant value
Now your ship's pitch, yaw and roll speeds will be multiplied by 5. The ship speed will be multiplied by 10.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users