Official

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#21 Konngman

Konngman

• 108 posts

Gamzee Makara

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:01

Ever played Space Pirates and Zombies? I just bought it and it sounds really fun :)

Cube World looks like an interesting game.
Randomly generated world with RPG game elements. world generates based off your own level.

I really really really want to play this game. Ive seen inthelittlewood play it and it looks amazing!

#22 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:59

Sounds like terraria on the minecraft engine. Isn't that exactly what you want bob? :P

LDT is LDT.

#23 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,517 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 17:34

I wish it actually was that.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#24 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 04 July 2013 - 16:25

Last of Us 2 and 3 might happen: http://www.latestnew...us-2-3-domains/

76561198037959911.png

#25 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 04 July 2013 - 17:00

That's good news, even if I want to see Uncharted 4.

Edit:

I fucking love Saints Row IV trailers. Here's the newest:

Hillarious as always. Keith David FTW.

Edited by Loadingue, 04 July 2013 - 17:22.

The most patient man in the world

#26 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 04 July 2013 - 20:58

Last of Us 2 and 3 might happen

This game has been getting perfect scores everywhere and everyone is talking about it. Time to order it and bring out my dusty ps3 from the closet!

#27 Hobanobaclypse

Hobanobaclypse

• 731 posts

Regular User

Posted 04 July 2013 - 21:17

Just completed The Last Of Us. So I thought I'd give my opinion of it. First off, the reviews are somewhere in the right area, but I wouldn't give the game 95% for a few reasons.

To get my own personal score out of the way, here's my breakdown of the score I'd give it.
Overall: 8.5-9/10
Story: 9-9.5/10
Gameplay: 7.5/10
Multiplayer: 7.5/10

Just so you know, I don't give games a generic 10/10 or 0/10 just, because no game in existence is ever going to be perfect or completely imperfect. People are getting more accustomed to just giving 10 to a game they like and 0 to a game they hate, not here, not now!

Story:
After playing the Walking Dead game I've found it hard to find a game where the story is actually compelling. And luckily I found one. I can't really spoil anything here, so I'll be generic. The story grips you as even though you're not given the option of choice, many times I found myself willing Joel to do what he was doing. If there was a semblance of choice in the story, maybe it would have been better, maybe worse. I prefer it as is. It's really the story of a man trying to find something to fight for, in a world where there is seemingly less and less hope for survival. It's brilliant. I'm a lover of post-Apocalyptic stories, so it really resonated with me. Just to add in, the relationship between the main characters is really heart warming at points.

Gameplay:
The gameplay kind of dropped the overall score I would have given this game. It's really just a stealth/action adventure game. You have free reign over the level you're currently in, but as soon as you go past the exit you can't go back. So exploring is a must if you hope to get enough ammo/supplies to get through the game (on Hard/Survivor that is). You can approach the game in two ways, one of which is bound to be more successful. You can either march in, guns blazin' and just drop every enemy in sight, or you can attempt to sneak past and choke out enemies Hitman-style and claw your way through the level. This is the problem with this game, the stealth mechanics. Enemies are pretty stupid if I have to say. You throw a bottle, and enemies from all over march on over to the location. You throw a bottle at the same point, and they stay there as if it just magically appeared.

Upgrade System: Thankfully the upgrade system is in place to remove any woes I may have found with the gameplay. I love customisation too much to see it absent in a game of this size. The upgrade system is comprised of two components; weapon customisation and biological upgrades. The weapon customisation is simple, you pick up "parts" which are found throughout the game (well hidden sometimes, bring a shiv!), and you can upgrade generic things such as reload speed, fire rate, clip size and damage. Pretty basic, but it gives you some choice into how you approach the game. The biological upgrades consist of using another collectible you find throughout the game, you use them to upgrade things such as maximum health, weapon sway reduction and healing speed. Again, the customisation is great as you have control over your experience, you're not forced into any one method of attack.

Multiplayer:
I didn't spend too long on the multiplayer, as I was much more focused on enjoying the story they have created. Of the game modes I played it didn't seem to have anything special. Being taken down by a single arrow was rather upsetting when enemies could shrug off an armour penetrating round from my hunting rifle with no regards to their physical well being.
The gameplay of multiplayer wasn't that exciting, the actual idea and application of what makes The Last Of Us' multiplayer so special was "Factions". You choose sides right at the start of your multiplayer experience, either siding with the Hunters or the Fireflies (I won't spoil the people behind either of these factions for you). You then complete matches and build up your clan, you then have to make very basic decisions as you go along, choosing if one person or another dies. But due to the lack of depth behind the characters involved, it really doesn't matter that much so it's not important. It's quite a cool concept, the gameplay is basically the same as the campaign, but due to the fact all players play it the same way it does get quite gripping at points. Worth a try at least, stick it out if you do decide to go for it!
So overall the story of this game is what made me love it so.

If you stuck through this review, well done. I almost didn't.

TL;DR: Get the game for the single player, give the multiplayer a try. And overall, enjoy!
"War. War never changes." - Fallout
"It's like a volcano in my mouth and everybody is DYING!" - Will from school
"Anti-tank mines give me a stiffy" - Hardcore Bob
[SIGPIC]http://ldt-clan.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=72&dateline=1310586766[/SIGPIC]

#28 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 04 July 2013 - 22:28

Get the game for the single player, give the multiplayer a try. And overall, enjoy!

Ordered!

#29 MrMcsqueezy

MrMcsqueezy

• 1,813 posts

The Chosen One

Posted 05 July 2013 - 00:14

Hmm, I have an opposing view actually. I felt the game was TOO hyped up.
Here's my take:
I've finished playing through (and streaming) this, and I gotta say, what the fuck was the hype all about? Yes, the story so far is good, as is the character development, but christ, the gameplay could be a lot better. So far it's been the same formula of Sneak>Fight>Explore>Move on repeat x100. Admittedly, I am playing on normal, and I do intend to playthrough on hard, as I know it will make the experience somewhat better, but it feels like we're not actually playing a game. We're just pointing the actors in the right direction, telling them to shoot or break a neck every so often. For what it's worth, I did have some feels at certain points in the game, don't get me wrong, they got that right, but I wouldn't exactly call this the game of a generation, or even game of the year.

There were points in the game that were very predictable as well.
Spoiler

In terms of the story development, it feels like little bits and pieces are gently tossed at you before something really big happens (And this is a massive fucking spoiler if you do intend to play the game)
Spoiler

Apart from that though, this IS a good story, you do feel for the characters, and you do want them to succeed in their quest in post apocalyptic fungal zombie infested America. I'd recommend this to anyone, but as with Heavy Rain, I know that once you've played it once, playing through it again, even on a ramped up difficulty is gonna be a chore, because you're no longer experiencing it for the first time again. You know exactly what happens and there's no way of choosing another path to progress.

So on that note, savour this game, because it has a sweet taste that doesn't last long.

ALSO.

I have just finished playing Deadpool. It's a funny, quirky game, but it's not worth £30. It plays like a poor man's Devil May Cry, it's easy as shit to upgrade your items and it's INCREDIBLY short.

Or as a philosopher once said "define a human, you can't, because all humans are unique. this is facts. end of story"

I have erectile disfunction.. I trust you guys to keep that confidential.

Livestreaming Regularly Bitches! (Click!)

#30 Hobanobaclypse

Hobanobaclypse

• 731 posts

Regular User

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:25

In regards to the hype, I agree completely. I think people playing this game for the first time have never played any game remotely similar to this, so for them it's a wonderful first time experience. If only they'd had their eyes open to games such as Metal Gear Solid or Hitman.

And the predictability was a problem too, I believe that game developers nowadays are finding it hard to throw in anything that's surprising, as over the years we've been shown hundreds if not thousands of jump scares and sudden developments occurring. But that's not really an excuse, I found myself able to judge exactly when I was going to be ambushed by an infected just by the location, but that's the same with most games for me.

And yeah Deadpool didn't look that great, but I thought it might be worth a go. I'll wait for the inevitable price drop to occur in the next two months. :P
"War. War never changes." - Fallout
"It's like a volcano in my mouth and everybody is DYING!" - Will from school
"Anti-tank mines give me a stiffy" - Hardcore Bob
[SIGPIC]http://ldt-clan.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=72&dateline=1310586766[/SIGPIC]

#31 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,517 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 20:04

GET A ROOM THREAD

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#32 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 10 July 2013 - 23:11

This is fucking gold

#33 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,517 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:14

Nice, I think we have a satiric fragmovie thread. :P

#34 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 11 July 2013 - 17:05

I don't even remember we had one.

#35 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 15 July 2013 - 19:01

http://www.change.or...romised-at-e3-2

Yes, that's a petition for Microsoft to make the XBox One like it was before.

It's just incredible how many idiots signed it. But those top comments are sarcastic as fuck, and that's good.

It's so important so that the Xbox one is shittier again

I love restrictions. I want always online DRM. I want the game rental business to become obsolete. I don't want to let my friends borrow games, because fuck them. All I care about is my god damn new age console that'll blow everything else out of the water! Fuck the PS4 and fuck those Sony guys for catering to fans who care about their gaming experience. Fuck PC, that shit is stupid. Steam? Fuck that shit. They never have sales or anything. It's not as affordable as buying my games from the XBL marketplace. I love Microsoft and their business practices will be the best forever. Fuck yes. <3 Xbox.

Genius.

Also, I can't believe the second top comment (which is actually pro-petition) says the opposers are "short-sighted". Fucking hell.

#36 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 15 July 2013 - 19:44

Lol, it's just PSfags and generic trolls that are trying to bring down the xbox.

LDT is LDT.

#37 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 15 July 2013 - 21:31

Orly? The original XBox One had some good ideas, but some of them were just unacceptable. The way they limited how games can be shared, in a way they looked like all they cared about was making money, shit like not allowing the user to play his games, even in single-player, when he's not connected to internet, that kind of stuff is simply insulting.

I have nothing against the XBox 360, and I had nothing against the XBox One or Microsoft until they started talking about the shit they wanted to force on their users. Don't you dare call me a PSfag or a troll for hating the old XBox One.

And let's not talk about the One spying constantly on its users, which may or may not be related to the Prism scandal and the NSA.

#38 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,265 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 15 July 2013 - 21:40

People who moaned about Xbox ONE and it's DRM practises need to shut the fuck up if they are they Steam user, seriously half the people I speak too who was against Micros DRM stance and then when questioned "Do you have Steam?"

"Yes I do but that's not the.."

"You realise Steam is a very tight DRM platform and the Xbox One actually allowed for shared content in some manner?"

"Well, I er..."

Yeah get fucked.

The whole internet connection thing, well that was a bad move on their part and If I'm honest, no one is near ready to switch to entire digital collections, It's getting there but not just yet!

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#39 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:45

The PC game market doesn't work like the console game market, and that's what Microsoft didn't want to know with the One. It's true that DRMs are the future, but that's the problem. It's the future, not the present. Not for the majority of console gamers, anyway. And the internet connection wasn't their only mistake, far from it. I'm glad they backpedaled and made it like it is now, because in my opinion the good things weren't worth all the downsides.

#40 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:38

IMO, the always online policy really wasn't that bad. I'm pretty sure my internet hasn't gone down for more than 24 hours.
Anyway, fuck DRM, go GOG.
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Official

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users