View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

Whitelist Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Poll: What should we do? (EVERY OPTION IS EXPLAINED IN THE TOPIC) (38 member(s) have cast votes)

What should we do? (EVERY OPTION IS EXPLAINED IN THE TOPIC)

1. I will play and I want a whitelist (21 votes [55.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.26%

2. I will play and I want Commander's idea. (12 votes [31.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

3. I will play and I don't care. (5 votes [13.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.16%

Vote

#21 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 20 May 2013 - 21:53

Since when is this a Minecraft community? Holy fuck get your head out of your asses.

#22 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,303 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 20 May 2013 - 22:04

Since when is this a Minecraft community? Holy fuck get your head out of your asses.

thats what i was looking for

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#23 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:16

"omg Minecraft players GTFO this community, we don't want the likes of you"

Because at the moment, LDT's playerbase is self-sufficient? Not so sure.
The most patient man in the world

#24 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:18

Not even that, but you guys are like. "OMGAWD WE NED MINECAFT PLAYARS TO SURVIES"

#25 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:38

We don't need them (not them in particular), but we could certainly use them. A lot of work is being put into this server, it would be a shame to make it restricted to us, when LDT is so little popular in comparison to what it used to be.

#26 Dart-Lobrik

Dart-Lobrik

• 1,075 posts

Comrade

• LocationMoscow

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:52

Also why would we whitelist some random cunt?

I think someone misses a point here. Yes this is a server called and LDT Minecraft Server, but its not hosted on LDT servers, so why the fuck do you think we want to limit it's future population only to LDT people? Of course I want as more as possible people join LDT and play G-mod and stuff but some people would come to play just minecraft, not garry's mod or anything so...

Just stop the fucking flame. Please.

BillzSkillz - That could be the missing touch, some drug assisted wisdom look. Damn aliens.

YSGe0mu.jpgI want you to make a contract with me and become a magical girl!

#27 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:56

Anyway, looking at the results of the poll, it's a pretty close one. I suggest we find another way, something that would satisfy the large majority. But I don't know what. If someone's got an idea, speak up. Otherwise, we'll have to get on with the whitelist.

#28 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:12

I completely forgot to ask, I presume from the video the answer is no but, is there a form of Block Protection on the server, where you can like, Lock, tour blocks or a certain piece of land?

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#29 dirtylemonpanda

dirtylemonpanda

• 213 posts

User

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:16

i think tnt should only be usable by people who donate or by people that are moderators on the server and that would most likely solve the problem of people griefing becasue they would be trusted members of the community that have put a lot of their time on the gmod servers

#30 Commander

Commander

• 1,633 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:47

I completely forgot to ask, I presume from the video the answer is no but, is there a form of Block Protection on the server, where you can like, Lock, tour blocks or a certain piece of land?

Yeah that is possible (I am not saying we are going to do this but yes it is possible) but why would you want that? That means no one can open a door of you aswell.

76561197999667690.png

"You better add fox so you can feel normal with him" ~Dr Scheisse

"You know what would suck? If Half life 3 sucked." ~Pie

"This all wouldnt be happend." ~ eddyke1

"Tachibana.♥: Im German remember
Tachibana.♥: Heil Hitler."

Join Dropbox now! :)

Spoiler

#31 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:46

Not even that, but you guys are like. "OMGAWD WE NED MINECAFT PLAYARS TO SURVIES"

The minecraft server will need minecraft players to survive. That's just a fact.
Oui oui chevaux

#32 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:51

Anyway, looking at the results of the poll, it's a pretty close one.

http://external.ak.f...310493925_n.jpg

There's a 50% difference, that's not a close call by any stretch of the imagination!

PS: And no, we don't want Minecraft people from outside joining LDT.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#33 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:58

There's a 50% difference, that's not a close call by any stretch of the imagination!

I don't know where you're seeing 50%, all I see is barely 20%. And that wasn't the point anyway. It's 33% versus 66%. Not that close, but it's still worth finding an alternate. There's too much disagreement. We need to find something else that would satisfy at least 75%/80% of the people.

PS: And no, we I don't want Minecraft people from outside joining LDT.

Fixed

#34 Dart-Lobrik

Dart-Lobrik

• 1,075 posts

Comrade

• LocationMoscow

Posted 21 May 2013 - 15:14

PS: And no, we don't want Minecraft people from outside joining LDT.

what the fuck Bob

BillzSkillz - That could be the missing touch, some drug assisted wisdom look. Damn aliens.

YSGe0mu.jpgI want you to make a contract with me and become a magical girl!

#35 Cyrill Jones

Cyrill Jones

• 2,163 posts

JAH!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 15:39

Its almost 40% no idea where 20 is from :L

Inaat : urban ddpat

Inaat : u serios

#36 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 21 May 2013 - 16:11

Okay, stop it now. It's 20 versus 12. That's something like 33% versus 67%. The end.

#37 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 21 May 2013 - 16:46

What im wondering is why you guys are so intent on using the system that eventually brings the server down everytime.

If we do the same thing (whitelist) all the time, expect the same result.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#38 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 21 May 2013 - 16:51

It's 22 vs 12
100/22*12 = 54.48% more people voted for whitelist.
100/38*22 = 57.89% total

GG math Loadingue

#39 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 21 May 2013 - 16:57

It's true though.
We are not taking in non-gmod people.

Think about it: What if LDT hosted minecraft, TF2, CSS and CSGO - publicly thus taking people in.
Almost all players joining those servers will not have gmod and won't be interested in the gmod servers anyway.
You'd get multiple groups of people within LDT who do not have any common ground, splitting the community up into a few subcultures.

Thus:
We take people in through Gmod, and people within LDT can enjoy more LDT through private servers like MC and gathers.
We don't do the reverse because it won't work.

About "the dying MC server":
Why would we want to keep a minecraft server alive with random faggots that we don't even know if we can't be bothered playing minecraft anymore?
"WE" want to play minecraft, with "WE" being us, the LDT community people. If WE get bored after half a year, why do we need random people to keep our minecraft server that we don't play on alive?

Conclusion:
-No to public MC server
-No to taking in people through MC
-No to an everlasting MC server

LDT is LDT.

#40 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 21 May 2013 - 17:11

@Max: it was 20 when I wrote it.

@Psycix: disagreed, here is why:

1) what you said is highly hypothetical.

2) LDT is already split in subcultures. Ranks contribute to it, and also the types of games everyone plays. There are those who play CSGO regularly, there are those who play GMod regularly, those who play L4D2, those who play TF2...

3) I think everyone knows, by now, that not everyone plays GMod on a regular basis in LDT. What's the difference between a person who doesn't have GMod, and one who has it but doesn't play it frequently, like some of our own Moderators?

4) the common ground is the forums, like in all communities. The most active topics here are not about Garry's Mod. They are the Video Board, General Discussions... Things not even always related to video games.

And about those "random faggots" you're talking about: those people could become active within LDT, they could have GMod, or at the very least, they could have TF2 (and find common ground with some people here); those people could donate. They could HELP US. Again, this is the worst time to refuse the possibility of getting new people in LDT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users