View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

Whitelist Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Poll: What should we do? (EVERY OPTION IS EXPLAINED IN THE TOPIC) (38 member(s) have cast votes)

What should we do? (EVERY OPTION IS EXPLAINED IN THE TOPIC)

1. I will play and I want a whitelist (21 votes [55.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.26%

2. I will play and I want Commander's idea. (12 votes [31.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

3. I will play and I don't care. (5 votes [13.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.16%

Vote

#1 Commander

Commander

• 1,629 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 20 May 2013 - 19:14

*DO NOT VOTE IF YOU DO NOT PLAY MINECRAFT*

Since it is not possible to remove the old poll and create a new one I created this topic for it.

We have a few options in the poll and they are explained below:
Option #1: I want a whitelist for the minecraft server, people will have to apply to be able to join it.
Option #2: I want Commander's idea, no whitelist, a default group and in that group everyone can build etc etc but can not use lava buckets and can not use TNT above ground level 60. People can apply for the group Builder+ everyone in this group can use TNT on every ground level. and they can also use lava buckets.
Option #3: I don't care.

Also here is a video of how quick a rollback on 1 player is:
( @2:44 lobrik is done "griefing" and I am going to do the rollback :P )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfYwWg8v-zQ&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Commander, 20 May 2013 - 20:33.

76561197999667690.png

"You better add fox so you can feel normal with him" ~Dr Scheisse

"You know what would suck? If Half life 3 sucked." ~Pie

"This all wouldnt be happend." ~ eddyke1

"Tachibana.♥: Im German remember
Tachibana.♥: Heil Hitler."

Join Dropbox now! :)

Spoiler

#2 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,300 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 20 May 2013 - 19:53

OT:
I think everything there is to say about abusing rollbacks has been said. This is easy to exploit, and whitelists don't have to be cumbersome at all.

LDT's policy has always been as follows:
If someone is even capable of griefing up to a level that would require rollbacks or bans, we don't want him playing on the server with us. Simple as. Minecraft is extremely sensitive when it comes to these things. We've had close friends of the community alienate themselves after being caught cheating, stealing or griefing. A whitelist is essential to keep a hold of everyone who plays, and to keep them in place.

Also, realistically, most griefs would occur when a Mod is not on the server, or when the victim is not aware of the act.

Moderating: Repairing what damage has been done
Anti-griefing: Limiting the player in what he can do, and thus the damage he can cause
Whitelist: Preventing it all from ever happening in the first place.

I still completely agree with bob, and I'd like the other side of the argument to been shown here too.

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#3 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 20 May 2013 - 20:01

I like the idea of the player rollbacks but noticed that all the items stayed there. Although my house would be back, would all my chests with items be back too, and wuld I end up with double the amount of Items I had bacause the Items are spread out around the floor.

Also, the TNT was my Idea. MWAAAAA

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#4 Commander

Commander

• 1,629 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 20 May 2013 - 20:22

I like the idea of the player rollbacks but noticed that all the items stayed there. Although my house would be back, would all my chests with items be back too, and wuld I end up with double the amount of Items I had bacause the Items are spread out around the floor.

Also, the TNT was my Idea. MWAAAAA

No it was not in the video but I removed all the items on the ground with a command... But lobrik alread flew away xD
And the double items u saw were the items lobrik USED to grief (tnt)
Yea all ur chests would be back WITH items.

76561197999667690.png

Spoiler

#5 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 20 May 2013 - 20:25

No it was not in the video but I removed all the items on the ground with a command... But lobrik alread flew away xD
And the double items u saw were the items lobrik USED to grief (tnt)
Yea all ur chests would be back WITH items.

Yay, got my vote

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#6 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 20 May 2013 - 20:27

I like Bob's arguments -> I voted Whitelist.

Also, if I want to play minecraft I want to play it with people I know from this community. I don't want some random person running around in my city D:
76561198009946140.png

#7 Commander

Commander

• 1,629 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 20 May 2013 - 20:31

No lava buckets -> I voted Whitelist.

Did you even read? XD
@ Option 2 there are lava buckets aswell but that is only for people on the "builder+" (whitelist group)

76561197999667690.png

Spoiler

#8 Valikai

Valikai

• 927 posts

Regular User

Posted 20 May 2013 - 20:36

I like to take the safest option.
I chose whitelist.

"still that smileyface guy also called yigwog still is a nerd and ugly" - Eddyke1

#9 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 20 May 2013 - 21:00

Being able to repair damage is good, but being able to prevent* it in the first place is even better.

* (without limiting everyones freedom)

I believe that we should go for prevention rather than repair because there may be a couple of issues with it:
Griefing in the sense of breaking someone's house is easy to fix, but what are you going to do about items that have been stolen. Sure you can reimburse them to the one who lost them and ban the guy who stole them, but what if the criminal traded the items with other people? One big theft and the market would be flooded with false items.
Next to that, not all mod-related containers offer the proper rollback and/or logging functionality. Theft from special mod related chests are often not recorded in a logging system, and what about machines with all their configurations and mod-related properties?

LDT is LDT.

#10 Commander

Commander

• 1,629 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 20 May 2013 - 21:03

Being able to repair damage is good, but being able to prevent* it in the first place is even better.

* (without limiting everyones freedom)

I believe that we should go for prevention rather than repair because there may be a couple of issues with it:
Griefing in the sense of breaking someone's house is easy to fix, but what are you going to do about items that have been stolen. Sure you can reimburse them to the one who lost them and ban the guy who stole them, but what if the criminal traded the items with other people? One big theft and the market would be flooded with false items.
Next to that, not all mod-related containers offer the proper rollback and/or logging functionality. Theft from special mod related chests are often not recorded in a logging system, and what about machines with all their configurations and mod-related properties?

People can also just lock their chest but yes a rollback will work aswell. I recommend locking it :P (put a sign on it)

And yes we are limitting A GROUP of people with lava buckets and TNT.
you can simply get these permissions by applying for this group.

76561197999667690.png

Spoiler

#11 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,525 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 21:06

This poll is biased. I don't hate the moderation tools Commander proposed, I just wish for a whitelist.

https://yourlogicalf.../black-or-white
Voting for a whitelist doesn't mean voting against special moderation tools.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#12 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 20 May 2013 - 21:06

I vote for whitelist but when people apply it should be easier than before to get in.

#13 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 20 May 2013 - 21:21

Also, if I want to play minecraft I want to play it with people I know from this community. I don't want some random person running around in my city D:

Tell me about how you know and trust everyone in LDT... And don't forget, even with a whitelist, any random person can still get in after applying.
The most patient man in the world

#14 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 20 May 2013 - 21:21

The whole thing about that whitelist is that it really was a vote, so we can't exactly say "Okay, two people voted no, so the next three people have to vote yes."

Tell me about how you know and trust everyone in LDT... And don't forget, even with a whitelist, any random person can still get in after applying.

The whole point of the whitelist was to prevent random people from joining.
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#15 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 20 May 2013 - 21:26

The whole point of the whitelist was to prevent random people from joining.

If some random guy comes on the forums, presents himself, says "I'd like to play on your MC server" and is added to the whitelist, he would still be random to you.

#16 EarthwormEd

EarthwormEd

• 2,644 posts

Wat is dat?

Posted 20 May 2013 - 21:31

Voted for whitelist... Shouldn't have to apply to use tnt up high, or lava.

Also why would we whitelist some random cunt?
Posted Image

#17 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 20 May 2013 - 21:34

Even though I don't know and trust everyone in LDT. I do feel more safe knowing they are from the same community. the gap between "completely random" and "being involved in the same community" is big enough for me to vote for whitelist.

And if the whitelist would be the same as it used to be other people had to trust them before they were able to join, so they wouldn't be completely random as other people within this community know them.

EDIT: Basicly this

Also why would we whitelist some random cunt?

76561198009946140.png

#18 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 20 May 2013 - 21:39

I think that LDT needs a more public server.

As we've determined before, other server like ttt are losing popularity. A public minecraft server could help to add more people to the community, and who knows? They might want to join our gmod servers next!

With the rollback plugin commander showed us, we could still be safe while promoting the server.

Otherwise its like saying: "were making the ttt server private so that people dont RDM each other". A good moderation system should be able to prevent any griefing attempts and make the server enjoyable.

EDIT: Ed, youre a LDT member. I dont think you have to apply at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#19 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 20 May 2013 - 21:44

I can't emphasize how right Wazzamaniac is.

At the time where this community is in need of new players, we should not be spitting on the idea of having a new public server.

#20 EarthwormEd

EarthwormEd

• 2,644 posts

Wat is dat?

Posted 20 May 2013 - 21:45

Even if that is the case, no one should have to. If you're so keen on this rollback shit, what's the problem with tnt and lava up top?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users