View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

LDTit Minecraft Server

• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

Poll: What would you prefer on the LDTiT minecraft server? (67 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you prefer on the LDTiT minecraft server?

1. 100% Vanilla + some plugins (24 votes [35.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.82%

2. 50/50 Remove auto-gathering stuff! Everyone equal in gathering! (18 votes [26.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.87%

3. 100% TekkiT! (17 votes [25.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.37%

4. I don't care, I will play anyway using or not using the stuff I want (8 votes [11.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,560 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:05

I like how the vast majority of the Vanilla-camp just seems to mention large self-replicating solar panel arrays exclusively.
I understand it doesn't look "fair" from your perspective, but do you understand it's a process of exponential growth that took months of work?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to argue that the server should be like before. I understand a lot of people don't like it.
But I just wanted to mention this because everyone seems to get the wrong idea about what happened on the last LDT server.
The reason some people had so very much is because they played so very very much, not because the mod is "unfair" or "overpowered".

Edited by Hardcore Bob, 05 May 2013 - 14:23.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#42 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:37

*What Bob Said*

But Im still rather confuzzled about this hole "Automization thingy". Do you intend to remove stuff that can generate resources FOR you (IE Quarries, Mining Wells, and such) Or will you remove Automization in GENERAL (IE Pipes, Macerators)
If the choice is the latter, Then this mod pack will be a waste of time, Because BC/IC2 will be useless (Rp2 in a lesser extent).

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

#43 Cyrill Jones

Cyrill Jones

• 2,163 posts

JAH!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:00

• Me and max played constantly for about a month in that time we got about 1 hv.
  • We then waited a little while after that before creating a normal to lv factoy which was incredibly slow so we mined for pretty much 20/7 for about 2 weeks before it was feasible to leave it to itself. After about another week of solid work we then moved onto adding mv and later hv.
  • We got about 1 per week at its original rate which increased exponentially from there.
  • After another month or so it started to pick up its pace and we got 1 every 3 days then 1 every 2 days then at last almost 3 months of solid work later, 1 per day.
  • At this point we were free to build anything and at this point we had the most fun.

Inaat : urban ddpat

Inaat : u serios

#44 kalle_E

kalle_E

• 944 posts

The swedish dude

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:12

Not nesercairily woot.

If they included stuff like thaumcraft it could still be awesome.

Even if we don't have the typical buildcraft/industrialcraft stuff.

Maybe the server could run a modified version of "feed the beast" with IC2 and BC taken out. If we did this it would be a server mainly based on the magic in Thaumcraft and EE. Sadly though stuff like forestry would be crippled whithout the pipes from BC.
kalle E: ITS AWSOME ITS AWSOME
Thom : NOH YUH
Thom : wait... no no NOOOOOOOO

$k: I can't hack I don't know his password.

#45 Dart-Lobrik

Dart-Lobrik

• 1,075 posts

Comrade

• LocationMoscow

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:14

*What Bob Said*

But Im still rather confuzzled about this hole "Automization thingy". Do you intend to remove stuff that can generate resources FOR you (IE Quarries, Mining Wells, and such)

After all things said I think it will be this. If people dont mind playing a lot to make a factory from the resources they dig up themselfs (or buy donno) then we are gonna keep

Automization in GENERAL (IE Pipes, Macerators))

BillzSkillz - That could be the missing touch, some drug assisted wisdom look. Damn aliens.

YSGe0mu.jpgI want you to make a contract with me and become a magical girl!

#46 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:25

I really do think that's the best solution to the aforementioned automatic diamond and HV panels factories.
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#47 SK_

SK_

• 723 posts

The other Irish guy!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:34

Just because you don't have the effort to actually mine the resources to actually build such an automatic fabricator doesn't mean you should force upon everyone else to play by your rules.

I'd rather have everything enabled on the IC2 and BC shit instead of removing the auto shit. I mean, what if the government banned automatic shops and factories? There'd be a fucking uproar. I.E DON'T remove a vital part of the mod.
If ANYONE says another fucking word I will blow something out of my arse - Gaycowboy

http://cex.io/inform...433c41fa5a3047/

#48 Cyrill Jones

Cyrill Jones

• 2,163 posts

JAH!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:38

I agree totally with you $K!

#49 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:47

Indeed, you can leave the stuff in we want, full auto factories, HV's, UU matter.
If you don't like it, don't use it, but don't piss off other people by just removing it.

Although I vote for a completeley different kind of server. We've had vanilla and technic servers, multiple times.

How about we, for once, try something new: full pvp war server with the rocket science mod.
Objective: Get everyone else to ragequit.

#50 SK_

SK_

• 723 posts

The other Irish guy!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:55

But Ireland's rocketeering technology is retarded, so thats pretty much me out of the equation already :P
If ANYONE says another fucking word I will blow something out of my arse - Gaycowboy

http://cex.io/inform...433c41fa5a3047/

#51 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 05 May 2013 - 13:25

I'd say keep every functionality except the following two:
UU matter -> Make it so it can only be turned into iridium, not in diamonds and other stuff.
quarries -> Remove or limit to only one per person

LDT is LDT.

#52 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 05 May 2013 - 13:29

Why the UU matter limit? that will make it useless.
Leave UU as it is, and don't force your nonsense on other people.
If there are people that don't want to use UU for anything else than iridium, then let them.
But do not force others into these limits.

#53 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 05 May 2013 - 13:33

I know i constantly talk about this mod, but gregtech makes it so that you can mine iridium.

Needless to say, its very hard to obtain, but if we get that mod we could take away the mass fab altogether.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#54 Dart-Lobrik

Dart-Lobrik

• 1,075 posts

Comrade

• LocationMoscow

Posted 05 May 2013 - 13:36

I like that idea Wazzamaniac, is that mod compatable with 1.5.1? Can you tell more about that mod?

BillzSkillz - That could be the missing touch, some drug assisted wisdom look. Damn aliens.

#55 Cyrill Jones

Cyrill Jones

• 2,163 posts

JAH!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 13:38

That is a stupid idea! Why do people prefer to ruin other peoples gameplay because they are bad xD

#56 Dart-Lobrik

Dart-Lobrik

• 1,075 posts

Comrade

• LocationMoscow

Posted 05 May 2013 - 13:42

That is how totalitarianism works

Posted Image

#57 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 05 May 2013 - 13:53

Give me ONE reason, why mass fabs should be taken out, or anything associated to them should be modified?

#58 kalle_E

kalle_E

• 944 posts

The swedish dude

Posted 05 May 2013 - 13:58

So that you are unable to create a feedback loop using uu and solar panels ?
kalle E: ITS AWSOME ITS AWSOME
Thom : NOH YUH
Thom : wait... no no NOOOOOOOO

$k: I can't hack I don't know his password.

#59 Dart-Lobrik

Dart-Lobrik

• 1,075 posts

Comrade

• LocationMoscow

Posted 05 May 2013 - 13:59

I dont want to see people log in, make another over 9000 of solar paneles, then log off.
I bet I'm not the only one who thinks this way

#60 Cyrill Jones

Cyrill Jones

• 2,163 posts

JAH!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 14:00

So what is your reason for them to be removed?

Edit: That would take years of work to get 9000 in a few hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users