View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

New Minecraft server

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Poll: What would you prefer? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you prefer?

1. I want to play on a Minecraft Vanilla server (21 votes [39.62%])

Percentage of vote: 39.62%

2. I want to play on a Minecraft Modded server (15 votes [28.30%])

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

3. I'd really prefer if we all waited with getting a server (9 votes [16.98%])

Percentage of vote: 16.98%

4. I don't give a crap, I wouldn't play anyway (8 votes [15.09%])

Percentage of vote: 15.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 EarthwormEd

EarthwormEd

• 2,645 posts

Wat is dat?

Posted 30 April 2013 - 19:10

inb4 we go back to tekkit and servers dies in 2/3 weeks
Posted Image

#42 Dart-Lobrik

Dart-Lobrik

• 1,075 posts

Comrade

• LocationMoscow

Posted 30 April 2013 - 19:44

Forget tekkit and shit. Only our own mode setup can solve the problem. And stop the flame, only constructive ideas from now on. Stop saying what you want, start saying what will be good for majority and will provide most population.
https://encrypted-tb...D_FB8QrioptiGKD

BillzSkillz - That could be the missing touch, some drug assisted wisdom look. Damn aliens.

YSGe0mu.jpgI want you to make a contract with me and become a magical girl!

#43 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 30 April 2013 - 21:27

The most fun I ever had on minecraft was on the vanilla server we played. The one with Ed's longface tunnel and Frag's town clock thing. It lasted the longest by far. Tekkit is fun, but once you've done it once, you know how to get resources in it wayyyyyy to quickly. And then it's like gg, bored.
Oui oui chevaux

#44 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 21:35

*taps papers on desk*... *clears throat*

so a white list is HIGHLY advised.
Whitelist has been on the MC server forever.

Tekkit: Tekkit (as far as i know) was disbanded and is currently stuck at minecraft 1.2.5 (MONTHS old)
If anything, I prefer the older versions of MC.

as gameplay goes, its hard to start up with but once u get the basics built, the gameplay time is 10x that of vanilla. It can cause some SERIOUS rivalies with people building great things and other lagging behind, and it is VERY OP!!
The rivalries lead to bigger and better constructions and if it gets serious enough, teams against teams, with huge group projects.

this is due to equivalent exchange and other things that just make it stupid, once u get a condenser, your done, also people get bored of trying to build
As stated below, either strictly regulate them or remove them.

the really expensive stuff and usually stick to one "base" or project and there isnt lot of time to grow and move forward. those who do start a project, usually stop it cuz there bored or cba to make all the shit.
If anything, I like to build in tekkit because it allows me to make very complex and intricate devices in new ways to make it more efficient.

A solution to this is tekkit lite, its up todate minecraft (again, as far as i know) doesnt have the OP mods (equivalent exchange and others) and is basically just minecraft with a few extra things to giv it a step up.
EE isn't really that OP except for a few machines. Just either extremely prohibit use of those machines or remove their usage.

FTB: First off, this thing is the biggest resource hogging MOFO on the planet!!
It isn't really that laggy.

~ Mole xox
1. I can see who made this post. Signatures are made for the signature part below your post.
2. I don't love you, our relationship never got that far. So no xox.

"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#45 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,274 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 30 April 2013 - 21:52

The most fun I ever had on minecraft was on the vanilla server we played. The one with Ed's longface tunnel and Frag's town clock thing. It lasted the longest by far. Tekkit is fun, but once you've done it once, you know how to get resources in it wayyyyyy to quickly. And then it's like gg, bored.

GhettoVille 4 life homz

Posted Image

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#46 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,300 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 30 April 2013 - 21:54

If actual effort is to putting into pride of peoples homes and subjects like transport through nether to houses it put in, then vinilla should be fine.

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#47 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 30 April 2013 - 22:37

I don't really want the magic shit and everything, but I'd at least want to have industrialcraft and buildcraft (Minus the massive quarrying/UU matter solar panel hogging)

LDT is LDT.

#48 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,546 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 00:23

The most fun I ever had on minecraft was on the vanilla server we played.

Saying that is like saying:

Posted Image

Of course we had a lot of fun back then, because Minecraft was still a fresh experience, and it was one of our first servers.

@Mole
Tell me more about Tekkit lite, what does it now have?

Also, the rest of you Vanilla people, what part exactly about Tekkit do you dislike?

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#49 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 01 May 2013 - 00:39

I think we should make our own "modpack". A few basic expansions like industrialcraft and buildcraft but no quarries and mass fabs.

LDT is LDT.

#50 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:12

Very possible with FTB now :D

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

#51 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:35

NOTE: Tekkit (lite) will be updated to 1.5.1 in 1 day 5 hours.

Also, I haven't played Tekkit for a while but I know it keeps on getting rid of the good, useful, not server demolishing mods like the auto craft table III thing and now power armour and dimensional doors have been added. I don't even know what they are. It would be nice to have an LDT mod pack with Machines and Pipes but no Quarries. Also, would it be a good idea and better (I don't know if this does actually happen on Tekkit servers) if the machines owned by you didn't operate while you weren't on, then it would encourage people on and would reduce the lag of overflowing pipes and 50 machines running at once?

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#52 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:43

^ dont allow world anchors. Simple.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#53 Commander

Commander

• 1,633 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 01 May 2013 - 13:08

Also, the rest of you Vanilla people, what part exactly about Tekkit do you dislike?

Well what I like about tekkit is the extra blocks, the redstone, railcraft and some other things.
But the thing that makes me dislike tekkit are quarries, quatum suit ( its too OP ), some other machines but there are some cool machines aswell! :P
And the UU matter wich gives you too much / or you can create uu matter too quick.

I probably forgot some but yeah :P

edit
I liked Psycix his idea aswell :)

Proposal:
Tekkitwithout stuff like mass fabricators, quarries, and/or solar panel arrays.

Edited by Commander, 01 May 2013 - 13:22.

76561197999667690.png

"You better add fox so you can feel normal with him" ~Dr Scheisse

"You know what would suck? If Half life 3 sucked." ~Pie

"This all wouldnt be happend." ~ eddyke1

"Tachibana.♥: Im German remember
Tachibana.♥: Heil Hitler."

Join Dropbox now! :)

Spoiler

#54 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,546 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 13:58

The way I see it, Tekkit leaves Minecraft in its glory, just extends the gameplay past "I have diamond armor, game is over".
Sure, from the original Minecraft perspective Quantum may seem OP, but the idea of Tekkit is to evolve past things like manual mining and farming, and dying as well. It picks up where Minecraft stops, because Vanilla doesn't go past medieval technology. Tekkit is an extension rather than a replacement.

Also, I think people underestimate the amount of work that actually goes into these things.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#55 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 01 May 2013 - 14:42

A person can say he has reached the end of Tekkit/FTB, When he has an automatic HV solar making factory that spits out 20 HV solars in a minute and also places them.

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

#56 JamesJamesJames

JamesJamesJames

• 165 posts

Big Boobies.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 15:47

Tekkit, FTB, Voltz, Vanilla... Whatever you choose, people will get bored after a while. It's not like choosing one modpack over another will guarantee that you'll have players constantly playing. Take it from someone who knows...

#57 Mole

Mole

• 37 posts

Minecraft extraordinaire

Posted 01 May 2013 - 16:01

Whitelist has been on the MC server forever.
Well thankyou for pointing that out to me... as this is a public community i would have thought that they would want to open the MC server to everyone, from experience i simply suggested that they use one to avoid hassel.

The rivalries lead to bigger and better constructions and if it gets serious enough, teams against teams, with huge group projects.
Again i am simply talking from expeience, tekkit can cause troubles with the machines and what not it has in it.

EE isn't really that OP except for a few machines. Just either extremely prohibit use of those machines or remove their usage.
Because tekkit is one jar file with mods attached, its hard to add extra plugins to regulate what blocks are used, tbh i dont know of a plugin thats even on BUKKIT that allows only a certain amount of blocks to be placed by a person, only if they are or are not.

It isn't really that laggy.
Even the most basic FTB mod pack IS resource intensive, they run around 50-90 mods in each package (dependent on which one you pick) and when people start sticking world anchors in, it gets worse.

1. I can see who made this post. Signatures are made for the signature part below your post.
2. I don't love you, our relationship never got that far. So no xox.

1. oh im sorry... its how ive always finished a post..
2. seriously... it was a joke...

@psycix
http://tekkitlite.wi...ekkit_Lite_Wiki
its basically tekkit but when we set a server up, it didnt have much of the Equivalent exchange stuff in.
Also i can have a look into making a MOD pack that has all the stuff we want and not the stuff that OP and crappy xD

and thank you BOT Dan ;)

~ Mole

#58 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 01 May 2013 - 20:11

Actually Bob, I'd played minecraft a lot before that server. And I've played tekkit a lot since. But every time I start playing tekkit, I can't seem to last more than a couple of weeks before it just bores me. It takes away the simplicity that makes minecraft such a good game.

It's like painting with fewer colours, you will work harder to make something that pushes the limits, it forces you to be creative.

The poll still has a lot more votes on vanilla. When can we accept this and move on? ;)
Oui oui chevaux

#59 Cyrill Jones

Cyrill Jones

• 2,162 posts

JAH!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 20:23

If basic is better why do smart phones exist?

Stock mc SUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKS

Inaat : urban ddpat

Inaat : u serios

#60 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 20:51

Mole, that whole part about putting your name down was a joke :P
I really don't care.
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users