View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

New Minecraft server

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Poll: What would you prefer? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you prefer?

1. I want to play on a Minecraft Vanilla server (21 votes [39.62%])

Percentage of vote: 39.62%

2. I want to play on a Minecraft Modded server (15 votes [28.30%])

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

3. I'd really prefer if we all waited with getting a server (9 votes [16.98%])

Percentage of vote: 16.98%

4. I don't give a crap, I wouldn't play anyway (8 votes [15.09%])

Percentage of vote: 15.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,524 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 18:23

This is JUST a poll to get a height of what people actually feel.
This in NO way implies that a majority vote means anything for the thing that was voted for.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#2 Gio!?

Gio!?

• 3,427 posts

LDT Public Relations

• Steam:GioNL
  • LocationBleiswijk, South-Holland

Posted 25 April 2013 - 18:27

Maybe let Mole host it?

He's experienced with MC servers :P

CAMPZONE______STEAMSKYPE______USER POLICY

#3 Commander

Commander

• 1,629 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 25 April 2013 - 18:56

This is JUST a poll

You read to pro sometimes gio xD

76561197999667690.png

"You better add fox so you can feel normal with him" ~Dr Scheisse

"You know what would suck? If Half life 3 sucked." ~Pie

"This all wouldnt be happend." ~ eddyke1

"Tachibana.♥: Im German remember
Tachibana.♥: Heil Hitler."

Join Dropbox now! :)

Spoiler

#4 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,524 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 18:58

Just realized the poll is flawed, I should have included a Vanilla/Modded option for the postponing option as well.

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#5 Commander

Commander

• 1,629 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 25 April 2013 - 19:00

Yeah I would have chosen for that option XD but also for: to wait with a mc server

76561197999667690.png

"You better add fox so you can feel normal with him" ~Dr Scheisse

"You know what would suck? If Half life 3 sucked." ~Pie

"This all wouldnt be happend." ~ eddyke1

"Tachibana.♥: Im German remember
Tachibana.♥: Heil Hitler."

Join Dropbox now! :)

Spoiler

#6 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,524 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 19:14

And I didn't mean to make it anonymous as well.
Ah well...

#7 Valikai

Valikai

• 927 posts

Regular User

Posted 25 April 2013 - 19:26

Vanilla!

"still that smileyface guy also called yigwog still is a nerd and ugly" - Eddyke1

#8 TwoMike

TwoMike

• 746 posts

Kiddy Fiddler

Posted 27 April 2013 - 13:40

Valikai, you aren't vanilla, you are yellow. :)
However, I would definitely play if we started up a vanilla server. It would be peng, you feels.
The safest guy around.

Keith | Team PinkUnicorn: 02:02.89 - RAPE: [LDT] TwoMike [detective] just retreived sperm from the corpse of [LDT] Dede that leads to Keith.

Steam ID: Twomizzle

#9 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 28 April 2013 - 13:07

We had a vanilla server just before.
It died quicker than the tekkit server.

#10 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 28 April 2013 - 13:44

It died very quickly. I couldn't even finish my "Tree Fort Of Awesome Sauce With Automated Farms"

Hat even made me an compact automated chicken farm :(

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

#11 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,265 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 28 April 2013 - 14:08

We had a vanilla server just before.
It died quicker than the tekkit server.

Because people didn't savour the gameplay and had to rush which meant anyone who didn't keep up lost all there hard work as those rushers wanted tekkit.

I personally hated Tekkit that is what killed MC off for me, I play MC for it's simplistic nature and the fact you can create shit out of nothing, I'm not interested in machines automating what I should really be doing.

lazy gaming at it's best is Tekkit.

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#12 Shaunus

Shaunus

• 473 posts

King Shaunus

• LocationCardiff, Wales

Posted 28 April 2013 - 14:44

I personally hated Tekkit that is what killed MC off for me, I play MC for it's simplistic nature and the fact you can create shit out of nothing, I'm not interested in machines automating what I should really be doing.

lazy gaming at it's best is Tekkit.

I'm with you there completely Frag :P

Prepare your anus!                                                    53fc4d560c6f0.png                                        "Wow, his face is a potato as well." - Revengekeuh              

#13 EarthwormEd

EarthwormEd

• 2,644 posts

Wat is dat?

Posted 28 April 2013 - 15:28

I'll probs play if vanilla.
Posted Image

#14 Marmite

Marmite

• 2,272 posts

MADmin

Posted 28 April 2013 - 16:30

I'm up for Vanilla I think it will be the best environment to learn more about the game.

Nyan1.png

76561197982691682.png

#15 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 28 April 2013 - 18:46

Tekkit allows you to do that basic stuff, but ascend beyond it. Yes, after an investment of both knowledge and materials, getting materials is easier and faster. This allows you to focus on building things rather than grinding resources.

And I like climbing up a big learning curve. Vanilla is too simplistic for my taste and for me, Tekkit expanded Minecraft and injected it with new possibilities and things to do.

Also, mining turtles bro!

LDT is LDT.

#16 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,300 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 28 April 2013 - 18:59

You spent like 5 days programming that damn turtle psy

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#17 Dart-Lobrik

Dart-Lobrik

• 1,075 posts

Comrade

• LocationMoscow

Posted 28 April 2013 - 19:37

Now I want to make a speech.
Here it is:
Tekkit makes building crazy big stuff challangable, because in vanilla its almost impossible, and in creative too booring.
Im referring to things like huge castles, as far as I remember, Cowboy had one, I had a big one too though unfinished, the pirate ship, if someone saw it, the underground/water railroad for harvesting volcanos for basalt, I and Paganer did and Commander's citadel, Kawaii's pretty house and so on.

In vanilla you have so much less options, though it brings the challenge to its utmost. The Tekkit and alike mod-stuff makes the difficulty lower on a bit higher than average lvl, but gives you a lot of options, stylish things, crazy mechanisms, though most of them kill the server, but whatever! The thing that makes the minecraft so enjoyable is building! Everyone who enjoyed plaing lego (or alike stuff) in childhood will remember, that the most pleasure was from building the things, not playing with them, though playing with your creations was very fun too.

Personnally I hate Tekkit for possibility of automatisation. BUT I love it for more stuff to work, play and mess with. The lights, the farms, funny rail stuff, ability to crop things to make beautifull furniture or decorations and many others! I really dont understand people who rush to make an ugly factory, and only login to game to retrieve OVER 9000 solar panels and swim in them like Uncle Scrooge.

Yes, the server gets a big population only for about 2 weeks, but thats have several reasons. 1. People gets shit done and are not interested. 2. People can't or tired to get shit done and lose interest. What can be done to prevent that, first - stability. No one likes spending hours to make things only to find out that it wont work or lag like hell, though people see things alike that working normally on other servers.
Second - gathers. Goddamit you even could make prizes like giving point on selected by winner LDT server! No much but fair amount like 20k in gmr or 7500 -10000 on dr, if the winner dont need it he can give, maybe half of prize to someone of his choice (who was also in gather) that would make a synergy between games! That is all thoughts on that subject so far, I'll add later if find out what else can be done

So basicly the solution is to make a server with two worlds where people can go visit each other, and compete in art. No. In Art. Cause it really is one. Shit I'm even willing to pay mounthly for some part of renting a server,or buy another computer for a server and get a second internet line just to host, though host in moscow isnt good for most of you, my friends. That is all because I had so much fun with all of you guys on previous two servers, though we had some shit and problems, but life goes one.

I really want to have some more of these little magic happy times of creating together with you. New server should definetly be a compromise between two groups of people, vanilla and mods.
I'm done, thank you for attention.

p.s. Im not drunk, just sentimental as fuck *couple of manly tears*
>mfw
Posted Image

Edited by Dart-Lobrik, 28 April 2013 - 21:24.

BillzSkillz - That could be the missing touch, some drug assisted wisdom look. Damn aliens.

YSGe0mu.jpgI want you to make a contract with me and become a magical girl!

#18 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 28 April 2013 - 21:30

Not as bigg of a post at that but, as much as I love Vanilla, it would be nice to play modded vanilla minecraft, as I feel Vanilla is good but boring. You could have an LDT modpack of some of the best mods around. Or just have server plugins such as the signlift and signcolours. Maybe get a gun mod and a PvP area, I dunno. And "creative" area (not gamemode, as in to build) area.

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#19 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,265 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 28 April 2013 - 21:38

modded vanilla minecraft

modded vanilla minecraft

modded vanilla minecraft

modded vanilla minecraft

modded vanilla minecraft

modded vanilla minecraft

Posted Image

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#20 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:00

For those of you who think tekkit is too easy, why dont we try feed the beast? I guarantee you, in some modpacks, gregtech is enabled, which changes many mods (notably industrialcraft) and makes the recipes way more challenging.

Not to mention itll make the server last longer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users