View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

3 Mapping Ideas (Which should i build)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote your Favorite idea (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote your Favorite idea

1. Idea 1 (12 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Idea 2 (9 votes [32.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.14%

3. Idea 3 (7 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote

#1 B-Phoenix

B-Phoenix

• 97 posts

User

Posted 05 March 2013 - 20:57

Ok now the time has come to build an EPIC map for LDT (not just a simple designed map like oil rig - for the record will be giving bob the final release by the end of the month), but this map will be great in every aspect depending on which idea of my 3 ideas you like.

Idea 1:
Sci/Fi (Space Station)
will be designed as the title says it will be a space station i do have some amazing Traitor tester ideas for this map design but i am not going to share them ideas because i dont want people stealing them, if you want to know these ideas you need to vote for this idea in the poll.

the space station scenario is that the terrorists broke aboard the shuttle and forced the crew to land on the research station in space which has some deadly and powerful weapons and development ideas not to mention working weapons of mass destruction (more of this will be revealed if this idea is selected)

Idea 2:
Factual/Beautiful (Hydro-Electric Dam
Again title self explanatory this will be a huge hydro electric dam where access will be available to go inside and along the spillway of the dam which will be on the outside next to the power house (could be an interesting challenge to get the water spray to work effectively) however this will be designed similar to the 007 Goldeneye Dam *with the guard towers* although it wont be as boring as the 007 dam it will have beautiful scenery and will be well designed with access to the turbines and perhaps on a later stage will allow some degree of control over the sluice gates which control the power by allowing water into the turbines

Idea 3:
Realism/Factual (Air Port)
Another Title explanatory map, this will be a small airport mainly for private planes and small passenger jets such as the lear-jet and the smaller twin prop passenger commute planes.

in this airport there will be small shopping spaces and various other airport like buildings to compliment its small runway and array of parked planes which you nasty little terrorists have taken over. i dont have too many ideas on this 1 however no traitor testers on this 1 just pure and simple playable airport which wont be poorly designed, my airplanes will prove problematic but i am confident should this be voted

i am open to ideas and maybe a combination of 2 ideas (for example idea 1 + 2) which would be a hydro electric dam which has secret access to military hardware and research.

anyway i shall leave it with you guys to decide which idea you like best, this poll will be open for a week after that work starts along with a new post on the map you chose and i'll be feeding back constant updates on the map as it progresses (much like Frag did with nuclear xD)

Peace - B

#2 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 05 March 2013 - 21:07

#3 atty16

atty16

• 1,355 posts

The Angel of Death

Posted 05 March 2013 - 21:19

I like idea of a Space Station. I hope you make it better then this map.

https://encrypted-tb...CSfcMIkumGUQos6

I got some idea what you can add to this map

• Add a air locks that can kill people
  • Have a way to turn off the power.
  • Make teleport room (which teleport them in a ship some distance away from the space station) that traitor have access to
  • Make a way where the traitor can destroy the space station and escape (make sure it not too easy like TTT space station )

I hope you like it

I love my blades, my ship and my slaves 

#4 Commander

Commander

• 1,633 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 05 March 2013 - 21:22

Idea 2 sounds great ^__^

76561197999667690.png

"You better add fox so you can feel normal with him" ~Dr Scheisse

"You know what would suck? If Half life 3 sucked." ~Pie

"This all wouldnt be happend." ~ eddyke1

"Tachibana.♥: Im German remember
Tachibana.♥: Heil Hitler."

Join Dropbox now! :)

Spoiler

#5 Chrillen

Chrillen

• 196 posts

User

Posted 05 March 2013 - 21:31

If you do decide to make a space map, using philipk's two sci-fi texture packs is a must.

http://philipk.net/

They are at the bottom.

Edited by Chrillen, 07 March 2013 - 21:02.

#6 th3r3dassass1n

th3r3dassass1n

• 720 posts

All-round gamer

Posted 05 March 2013 - 22:00

I like the sound of Idea 1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 05 March 2013 - 22:26

I like idea 2 the most, but I think they can all work out depending on how you work around it.
76561198009946140.png

#8 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:40

I think a dam would be the most unique

#9 Patokia

Patokia

• 781 posts

Good Shit

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:31

Make all 3 :3

#10 Attacus

Attacus

• 2,952 posts

aka Keith.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:47

2 or 3 since I know quite a few space station maps and they are all generally terrible. It's just something about the scenery that I can't apply to TTT.

Anyways, an airport sounds unique. I was thinking of the CoD Map but I just realized that this one already exists.
How many ranked players did it take to deal with a simple RDM? 3-4 Trusteds and a Moderator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:55

I really like idea 3. If I could I would remake the Terminal map from COD MW2 into the source engine. But alas, I can't map for shit.

76561198037959911.png

#12 Attacus

Attacus

• 2,952 posts

aka Keith.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:46

Cat:
http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/147225
How many ranked players did it take to deal with a simple RDM? 3-4 Trusteds and a Moderator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#13 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,546 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 14:51

NEGATIVE BOB ALERT

To be honest, I don't particularly fancy any of them.

Space Station
This can either turn out really good, or really bad.
If you just make a space station with default textures, it will be poor.
If you make custom textures, models and sounds a top priority aspect, the map might turn out fucking awesome.

Good when done well, but very hard to do well.
Do it if you think you can pull it off.

Dam
I like dams, and I like dams for maps as well, and the way you describe it sounds cool.
However, I'm having serious concerns about the feasibility of the environment. If you have a good grip on how to pull off a GoldenEye Dam without being open and plain, I think it could work. Otherwise, I think this is a mediocre idea.

Airport
Airports are too open. They consist mainly of very large halls; it's all very linear and organized. For a good reason, of course! Airports are supposed to be super easy to get around! Maps should not. Maps should essentially always be a network of mazes. Call of Duty MW2 managed to pull it off just slightly, but even the specific map I'm talking about (Terminal) has been ported to Source for TTT, and I must say I didn't find it suitable for TTT.

Again, if you have some great ideas on how to give your map a decent level of closed-ness and complexity, go for it. Otherwise, I don't see much potential in the idea.

What I said about Space Station also goes for this one; you're going to need a very high production value to make it work. You can't pull off an airport terminal with default source textures and models.

Edited by Hardcore Bob, 06 March 2013 - 15:17.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#14 B-Phoenix

B-Phoenix

• 97 posts

User

Posted 07 March 2013 - 18:19

Its looking more like that most people are choosing Idea 1 the spacestation

Features of that will be:

Low Gravity
Super High Tech Traitor Tester (the storyline will be different to normal TTT) - will explain later
Air Locks (great for those pesky traitors) suffocation is awesome!
Large Map trigger for those Traitors including Escape Pods ftw! (but will be awesome in comparison to spacestation escape map)

The Traitors arent Traitors in this map they are "Infected" just like in the thing (by an unknown entity) the Traitor Tester will detect this presence and retrieve a blood sample from the Tested player (which will inflict 30 Damage as it drains blood from the testee) you will see this go into a machine which will analyze and give u a red/green however the computer is dumb it leaves the decision up to you whether to Save Or Slay after the scan has been completed

#15 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,546 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 18:42

Low Gravity - This can't go well
Escape pods - Better think about this carefully

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#16 Tdeano

Tdeano

• 184 posts

Strategic Hugger

Posted 07 March 2013 - 18:56

i Prefer idea 2 because the spaceship idea is good can be amazing or bad as bob said but without signs and a basic layout it could take a while to get used to and the basic layout may ruin it idea 3 is good again but unless you used a cargo maze area or something similar it would be very hard to hide bodies and the majority of it will be flat and open so areas like control towers will become favourable traitor spots while idea 2 could be more vertical have a vareity of areas will also look nice you could make traps utalizing water flow etc. also silly inno's will be distracted by the enviroment near sheer drop promptly being pushed off :D

Edited by TDeano, 07 March 2013 - 19:27.

#17 B-Phoenix

B-Phoenix

• 97 posts

User

Posted 07 March 2013 - 19:44

Upon talkin to bob i have decided against building the spacestation

and will be creating idea 2 as from today! so please close this post bob!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users