View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

ttt_ldt_bridge (name not final) (need help)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Moth

Dr Moth

• 15 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 02 February 2013 - 22:59

Well I am making another map... I will finish this one! (With the right help from you :D )

I so far have the base architecture done (No rooms or walkways as of yet.)
The map is actually based of of d2_coast_08 (Remember that awesome bridge?)

Posted Image

UPDATE: Here is what the map looks like so far (No lighting, No walkways and No props ect.)
Posted Image

Yeah I want to remake this but for TTT without going and ripping it out of a map (All from scratch) and add my own twist.

I do have some questions though that will effect the map entirely (But I want your opinion as I do hope to have this played on the LDT TTT server once completed.)

You have 2 options.

1) Be able to move around the top of the bridge where there will be either (Road with cars) Or Preferably (Tracks with trains) and have a small amount of access to the under side of the bridge. (The inaccessible underside would consist of a low res model of the actual underside.)

Underside with low res model:
Posted Image

Or

2) Have no access to the top of the bridge and have full access to the underside of the bridge (This option I will need help from a expert mapper if anyone has the time) Due to the sheer amount of skill needed to piece together the underside of the bridge.

Underside with low res model replaced by complex network of props:
Posted Image

I would like to read feedback and opinions on these option I have given you :) Also if you would like to help on said option 2 (if skilled enough) It would be appreciated if you would like to help! :)

ALL FEEDBACK WELCOME! (This does not invite troll comments) ;)

Edited by Dr Moth, 03 February 2013 - 13:33.
Update

My lab is OFF LIMITS to everyone!

#2 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 02 February 2013 - 23:04

Looks good and the idea is awesome but well i guess it will be a hard map because there aren't that many rooms where traitors can kill/trait because the bridge map is mostly based on being a large open map

#3 Dr Moth

Dr Moth

• 15 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 02 February 2013 - 23:11

The rooms should be no problem hopefully because I will be expanding the underside (If option 1) so there are more pillars with rooms inside as well as walkways hidden in the shadows.

+There is a combine control room at the end of one side of the bridge that I could expand into something larger (maybe Traitor related)

Edited by Dr Moth, 03 February 2013 - 13:34.

#4 Shaunus

Shaunus

• 473 posts

King Shaunus

• LocationCardiff, Wales

Posted 02 February 2013 - 23:36

The idea sounds good, don't know much about producing maps but could you make rooms connected to stairwells possibly?

#5 Chazwhick

Chazwhick

• 579 posts

the PUNisher

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:49

I would recommend putting some walkways under the bridge, so you can probably sneak under the crowd.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://steamcommunit...m/id/chazwhick/

Stephen hawking can't even move his arms and he wrote a dozen books without error.
Your impairment is NOT an excuse.

#6 JamesJamesJames

JamesJamesJames

• 165 posts

Big Boobies.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:56

Option 1 with Trains, I like trains.

#7 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:14

Not sure a bridge is a great idea for a TTT map, surely it'd be pretty linear. (Unless you intend to create many passage ways underneath.)

#8 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:59

I agree with what blackheart said, that's why I would choose to make the map on top of the bridge and underneath it, havind walkways and such. I think using trains on top of the bridge is the best solution otherwise the map will be too open and it won't give traitors enough opportunities to kill someone.

I'm not a pro mapper, but if you need any help and I can give it to you, feel free to ask ;)
76561198009946140.png

#9 Sir Trigg

Sir Trigg

• 995 posts

Beardcules

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:00

So is Underground but people still want to play that. ;)

#10 Dr Moth

Dr Moth

• 15 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:34

Yes there will be walkways for traitors to move under the crowds.
I have opened up the top (Yes there will be trains and tracks) and the occasional train to hide a body.

I will post more updates later on. Please feel free to comment and give feedback!

Also feel free to leave any ideas or requests for what you would like to see!

I'm not downloading a picture off some weird ass site, use dropbox or something jesus.

For those who don't like speedy share I have updated all the images.

Edited by Dr Moth, 03 February 2013 - 13:36.

#11 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,278 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:41

I'm not downloading a picture off some weird ass site, use dropbox or something jesus.

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#12 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:44

Damn hoes be stealing my ideas.

I had a project to make something similar to the golden gate bridge for ttt. Got pretty far with it, but I lacked ways of making it less linear. It still had quite a few passageways though, just never finished it... One of the ways I got around the issue was by making the supports hollow and putting ladders/rooms inside it with like generators and pipework and shiz.
Oui oui chevaux

#13 Dr Moth

Dr Moth

• 15 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 03 February 2013 - 17:06

Yes I am dealing with the linear issue at the moment. I am making a stairway down one of the pillars to a generator/maintenance room.

Here lemme get you a picture of the pillar stairway at the moment. (The stairway will also lead to some walkways perfect for traitors):
Posted Image

#14 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 03 February 2013 - 18:24

Nice, although not sure if that many supports looks right. Maybe just try a banister.
Oui oui chevaux

#15 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 03 February 2013 - 19:11

Isn't this map the same as the bridge to Nova Prospekt in HL?

Posted Image

#16 Attacus

Attacus

• 2,952 posts

aka Keith.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 19:30

Isn't this map the same as the bridge to Nova Prospekt in HL?

hmmm...

The map is actually based of of d2_coast_08 (Remember that awesome bridge?)

Those are the ingame screens, not what he has created ;)

I actually like the idea. Bascially, crummycradle wasnt much different from the general concept and people liked crummy a lot.
How many ranked players did it take to deal with a simple RDM? 3-4 Trusteds and a Moderator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#17 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 03 February 2013 - 19:39

Whoops, I'm extremely tired today and didn't read the post properly. :3

Posted Image

#18 Dr Moth

Dr Moth

• 15 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 03 February 2013 - 20:19

I have a problem that I need your help with! (Your help = Everyone) :D

I have decided to go with Option 1 and allow people to the top of the bridge. But that is the problem, I need a means of getting up to the top from the bottom (and the other way round) I was thinking some kind of staircase but was thinking I would need a very large set of stairs to hold the traffic of people transferring heights.

Let me send you a picture of the top so far:
Posted Image

#19 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 03 February 2013 - 20:31

I say, add these "sidewalks" and then you could add stairs / ladders as much as you want?
76561198009946140.png

#20 Attacus

Attacus

• 2,952 posts

aka Keith.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 21:46

At least a set of ladders on each side, a pair of stair cases similar to those on cs_assault (to the traintracks)
and maybe some sort of sewer ladder from inside to the top similar to ttt_district.
How many ranked players did it take to deal with a simple RDM? 3-4 Trusteds and a Moderator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users