#41 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 29 January 2013 - 23:25

I just thought of something:

What if the TF2 classes was ported to DotA 2?

Note that this is just a idea/WIP, you are free to make your own idea and opinion (And names)

[SPOILER=Scout]
Role: Posted ImageDisabler Posted ImageEscape

Scout is a melee agility Hero with a high base speed (310) and fast attack speed. But at a trade-off of having low health (and mana).

Stunball: Scout shot a ball at enemy targets up to 400-500 units away, stunning and dealing a small amount of damage. Stun duration is based on how far away you are from your target. If fired at point black it will only slow the target.

Force-A-Nature: Basicy a Force Staff, but without that stat buff.

Mad Milk: Scout throw a jaw of Mad Milk that will make you able to life steel from a enemy (A.o.E 200).

Boston Basher (Passive): Scout have a % chance to cause the target to bleed for a X amount of time.

Invulnerable (Ulti): Scout is temporarily invulnerable from all damage and buffs for 8 seconds (Long cooldown).
[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=Soldier]
Role: Posted ImageNuker Posted Image Support Posted ImageDurable

Soldier is a Strength melee hero with high damage output. But for a trade-off of slow attack speed and movement speed (290).

Rocket Jump: Force Staff w/o the buffs.

Escape Plan (Passive): When soldier have under % health, his speed is increased by % (Each level increase the limit before he gain bonus speed).

Buff Banner: Soldier (And all allies in a 2000 A.o.E) gain increasing physical damage by 30%, last 10 sec.

Zatoichi: On each kill, Soldier instantly get % of there total health (Eg: If he kill a creep, he gain say 30 HP).

Crocket (Ulti): Soldier shot a rocket dealing high amount of damage and cripples (Slow) the target.
[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=Pyro]
Role: Posted ImageLane Support
Pyro is a Melee Intelligence hero able to suppress enemies with fire.

Gas Jockey (Passive): Increase his speed by **/**/**/** for each level.

Flare: Pyro shot a flare in a direction, revealing everything around where the flare exploded.

Magic resistance (Passive): Pyro is % resistant to magic attacks.

Volcano Fragment: Pyro bring forth is trusty Fire axe, dealing bonus ** Magical Damage on top of the normal damage (Last 1 min).

Pyromaniac (Ulti): Pyro bring forth his powerful flamethrower. Dealing pure damage, the attack rate is fast but deal low damage. Deal ** afterburn (Last ** sec).
[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=Demoman]
Role: Posted ImageCarry Posted ImagePusher Posted ImageDurable

Demoman is a Melee Strength hero with focus on laying traps and siege Towers/Buildings.

Stickybombs: Demoman place bombs that deal damage (can't be detonated individually). If you are close to the explosion, the blast will propel you 500 units in whatever direction of the blast you where in.
Sub-ability Detonate: Detonate all bombs that you have placed.

Chargin' Targe: Demoman charge forward 800 units, dealing damage and slowing if they hit a enemy on the way.

Headhunter (Passive: For each hero kill Demoman gain, he get a 150 HP boost and +7 unit speed boost (Max 4). Last until you die.

Scrumpy give me strength (Passive): Get a 200 HP/mana boost for each level

The power of DeGroot! (Ulti): Gain a increased attack/movement speed for 20 sec.
[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=Heavy]
Role:Posted ImageDurable Posted ImageSupport

The Heavy is a Melee Strength hero with a High Health pool.

Sandwich (Channeling if self-casted): Heavy replenish *** health over 4 secounds. If you give it to a Allie, he will instantly be given half the HP points.

G.R.U: Heavy gain 30% higher movement speed, but also take 30& more damage.

The Hibernating (Passive): Give heavy a **/**/**/** chance not to be damaged by critical hits.

Iron Curtain (Channeling): Heavy deploy his heavy Minigun, dealing only 20% damage over a large area with slower movement speed, but with greatly increased attack rate (RoF).

Warrior Spirit (Passive, Ulti): Heavy gain 20+ Strength for each level.
[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=Engineer]
Role: Posted ImageSupport Posted ImageJungler

The Engineer is a Melee Intelligence hero with a High support and suppression importance.

Eureka effect: Engineer teleport to spawn.

Dispenser: The engineer place a down a Dispenser (Ward), increasing HP/Mana regeneration speed by ** for anyone nearby at a 300 A.o.E. (Last for X time).

Repair expert (Passive): Allow the engineer to heal (Repair) player placed items (Wards, Sentry Gun/Dispencer, etc) by attacking it (Will require player to have knowledge to how to Deny).

BAM! (Passive): For each 3rd melee attack Engineer preform will automatically result in a Critical hit (Leveling this skill will increase the Critical hit damage).

Sentry Gun (Ulti): Engineer place a Sentry gun down, automatically targeting enemy targets. It can't move. If you manually demolish it, you will regain half the mana you used on it, you have to stand near the Sentry when doing so (See Sentry gun ability tab). Leveling this will increase it's power and HP. Level 3 sentry can fire rockets, Dealing Magical damage.
[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=Medic]
Role: Posted ImageSupport Posted ImageLane support

The Medic is a Ranged Intelligence hero with skills aimed towards healing and regeneration.

Medigun: Tether you to a ally, increasing his Health regen speed by ** while draining your mana pool (Regardless if your allies health is full). Going to far away from you tethered ally will break the tether.
Sub-Skill Stop Healing: Stops healing.

Self-Heal (Passive): Medic gain bonus health regen.

Healing Wave: Medic channel his Medic gun to all allies in a 500 A.o.E, healing less and you can't move.

√úbercharger (Ulti): Medic and your tethered ally will gain complete invulnerability from all damage, negative buffs and effects.
[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=Sniper (TF2)]
Personally the already existing Sniper in DotA 2 cover most/all of TF2 snipers areas, so making a new sniper is unnecessary. But you are free to make a TF2 sniper in DotA 2 if you want to.
[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=Spy]
Role: Posted ImageEscape

The Spy is a Melee Agility hero with focus in stealth and backstabbing.

Spy Vision (Passive): Give the spy the ability to see hidden Wards and Hidden units close to him.

Sapper: Can place a sapper on a enemy or a Ward, causing it to slowly take damage and slowing. Do not remove cloak

Backstab (Passive): When attacking from behind, spy deal critical hits.

Cloak: Make Spy invisible while draining his mana, he can't attack while in this state (But he can place Sappers).

Dead-Ringer (Ulti): When spy is at low health/super near death, he automatically cloak. But heavenly drain his mana pool.
[/SPOILER]

Edited by Catkillerfive, 29 January 2013 - 23:43.

76561198037959911.png

#42 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 23:41

It lasts a maximum of 5.5 seconds and you can only auto-attack.

As long as the hero in the duel dies, the damage is stolen. Other people can attack them as well.
Basically, if you're going for a gank, you have that damage, even if you lose the duel but your teammates manage to kill them within the duel time.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#43 Valiant

Valiant

• 1,324 posts

Popo. Mr.Popo the nigger

• Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034856755/

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:39

That is basically like Silencer but then only damage(Intelligence is just slightly worse for silencer, he still gains 3 damage and mana) and not always.

Sounds like fun.

#44 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 30 January 2013 - 14:56

What are you talking about Valiant?
Silencer gets 2 intelligence per kill around him when he has a point in Glaives of Wisdom which'll give him 2 damage and the mana/mana regen plus the 75%, maxed out, attack modifier.

#45 Valiant

Valiant

• 1,324 posts

Popo. Mr.Popo the nigger

Posted 30 January 2013 - 16:00

I was exactly talking about that Blackheart, but I did make a small mistake with the damage, supposed to be 3.5 damage.

My mistake wanted to just put it in compare to 10 damage.

#46 LifeTimeN00b

LifeTimeN00b

• 571 posts

Chugging vodka since 99'.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 14:08

Since this thread started... This is all gibberish to me.
What's a KILL? Baby don't HURT ME! Don't HURT ME! No more...No! STOP,STOP,Aaaaaah...!!!

-SIGPIC REMOVED: TOO LARGE- That's what she said...

#47 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• LocationDalaran

Posted 31 January 2013 - 14:57

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/image/942

I think sometimes, for skillshots, its better to just close your eyes and throw in the general position of the enemy. The more you try to predict it less likely you will hit something.

The first thing I'm going to do after getting my Steam up and running is to try out Mirana. Now that I look on here abilitys and personality (On the Wiki), I might like her.

76561198037959911.png

#48 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 31 January 2013 - 15:58

^
Only plays heroes with a personality he likes.

LDT is LDT.

#49 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• LocationDalaran

Posted 31 January 2013 - 17:08

I mainly when I first played DotA 2, I favored Windrunner. Now I play hero's that suit the situation (I pick last, see who the other players picked. Picked something to counter the other teams heroes and/or to assist my team).

76561198037959911.png

#50 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 17:28

I think drow ranger has the biggest personality.
Two of em, even.

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#51 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 31 January 2013 - 20:27

Bane is best personality!

BEST.

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

#52 Valiant

Valiant

• 1,324 posts

Popo. Mr.Popo the nigger

Posted 31 January 2013 - 21:49

Best personality = Silencer.

SILENCE.

#53 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• LocationDalaran

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:08

On the January 31 Update, something awesome was changed:

This update has improved how Dota 2 is setup on your machine and will provide a significantly faster load time for most players. As a result of these changes, the update may take a while to download.

[spoiler=Whole update log]
Dota 2 Update - January 31st, 2013
January 31, 2013 - Valve

This update has improved how Dota 2 is setup on your machine and will provide a significantly faster load time for most players. As a result of these changes, the update may take a while to download.

GAMEPLAY
- Fixed how magic damage is amplified when there are multiple sources of bonuses.
- Death Prophet: Fixed Exorcism healing never resetting.
- Enigma: Tightened selection area of Eidolons to make picking individual units easier when they clump
- Gyrocopter: Fixed Call Down not slowing magic immune units.
- Spectre: Spectral Dagger now properly trails invisible units.
- Spectre: Fixed various properties of Haunt illusions being incorrect.
- Tiny: Fixed Craggy Exterior working on illusions of Tiny.
- Visage: Fixed Roshan decreasing Gravekeeper's Cloak charges.
- Visage: Fixed Gravekeeper's Cloak not restoring its layers independently of one another.
- Warlock: Fixed Flaming Fist damage not leveling properly, damaging magic immune units, and having incorrect chance to proc.
- Fixed a bug with Radiance kill credit and illusions.
- Fixed Roshan no longer casting Slam to slow and damage nearby units.

UI
- The Smooth Drag option now works for anyone that's spectating (whether through DotaTV or as a broadcaster).
- Reduced waiting time in hero picker during All Random to 10 seconds.
- Reworked how your personal hero performance is done on your profile page (provide feedback here http://dev.dota2.com...splay.php?f=431).
- Added preview for summoned items like the panda and watcher golem to store and backpack.
- Added the ability to filter out empty teams from the team list.

BOTS
- Fixed some incorrect timing calculations that were causing bots to miss some last hits.
- Fixed Practice vs Bots not properly selecting the nearest server.
- Fixed Death Prophet bot to know about the true range of Crypt Swarm.
- Fixed bots thrashing selling a situational item (dust, wards, TP scroll) to purchase another situational item.

WEBAPI
- Added Captain's Mode Picks and Bans.
- Added ability upgrade order and times to each player.
- Added inventory for additional units (Lone Druid's Spirit Bear).
- Added an API for getting match details in the order they were recorded.
[/spoiler]
http://www.dota2.com...s/updates/9872/

76561198037959911.png

#54 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 16:52

- Reduced waiting time in hero picker during All Random to 10 seconds.

Nice. That waiting time was ridiculous!

On another note, did you guys know you can access the Dire secret shop through Roshan?

Here are some Wisp videos.

http://youtu.be/1AhySMAmOw4

This guy uses wisp right:

http://youtu.be/BrxBu0ll-ak

This guy is an uber troll:

http://youtu.be/hXtVOGGwLmg

#55 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 01 February 2013 - 17:37

Hatton's pretty great. (The guy in the bottom Wisp video) Does a bunch of CS:GO videos too.

Edited by Blackheart, 01 February 2013 - 20:14.

#56 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 20:12

There are three wisp videos you tart. :P
I know who you mean, but still.

#57 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 01 February 2013 - 20:15

THERE YOU FAGGOT. xD (Didn't bother to pay attention whatsoever.)

#58 Pigman

Pigman

• 166 posts

HappyPiggy

Posted 02 February 2013 - 20:33

Posted Image

I'm pretty sure these are alpha pictures.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#59 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 02 February 2013 - 21:00

Kunkka hasn't changed one bit. :P

#60 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 14:35

Neither have Bloodseeker and Warlock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users