• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 atty16

atty16

• 1,355 posts

The Angel of Death

Posted 02 August 2012 - 20:33

Doubt it.

Of course you can get drunk from inhaling alcohol fumes.

I use to love Brainiac as a kid but when Vic Reeves was new Present the show when down hill. also vodka is 40% alcohol and Ethanol is pure alcohol.

>_< Phosphorus pentachloride is no alcohol wtf.

Phosphorus pentachloride is the chemical to test if it was primary, secondary or tertiary.

EDIT

It has a chemical and then word test it most like mean use the chemical to test something I good example "unviable indicator test". If you guys don't know what unviable indicator it is use to see it them chemical is acids or bases (alkalis).

I love my blades, my ship and my slaves 

#22 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 02 August 2012 - 20:44

Very entertaining to watch. Keep the vids coming :D

#23 Mayhem

Mayhem

• 697 posts

Get your facts straight

Posted 02 August 2012 - 21:36

...also vodka is 40% alcohol and Ethanol is pure alcohol

In this case, the most important thing is not how big the alcohol content present in the solution is but the way how it got into the air.

Since alcohol is not that volatile, there is no way anybody could become drunk by inhalating fumes from spontaneously vaporizing alcohol (you seem to missed this important part while reading my previous post). But if you pour vodka onto hot rocks in the sauna ALL the content vaporizes, no matter if it had 'only' 40%.

And BTW ethanol can't be in 100% solutions, there still has to be, even the smallest, portion of water. Only few compounds, such as sulphuric or acetic acid, can be present in 100% solutions.

#24 ManyPopes

ManyPopes

• 1,528 posts

Thirtysix

Posted 02 August 2012 - 23:12

I see no reason why gaseous ethanol would get you drunk any differently than liquid ethanol. The thing is though, that gaseous ethanol would be so spread out in the air it would be very difficult to inhale enough...

1mol of ethanol, 46g liquid or 1104litres gas, big difference...

#25 Mayhem

Mayhem

• 697 posts

Get your facts straight

Posted 02 August 2012 - 23:33

That was not my point. Maybe I didn't explain my thought properly. My point was, that alcohol is not volatile enough to spontaneously vaporize enough to get somebody drunk.

I really hope I am using right terms...

#26 ManyPopes

ManyPopes

• 1,528 posts

Thirtysix

Posted 02 August 2012 - 23:41

We're pretty much saying the same thing.

If the alcohol is vaporising slowly, and is so spread out as a gas, then nobody would be able to inhale enough to get drunk..

#27 Attacus

Attacus

• 2,952 posts

aka Keith.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 14:21

Excuse me reposting this argument but I seriously cant follow you...

- Me (statement based on a fact):

Phosphorus pentachloride is no alcohol.

- You (gibberish):

Phosphorus pentachloride is the chemical to test if it was primary, secondary or tertiary.
It has a chemical and then word test it most like mean use the chemical to test something I good example "unviable indicator test". If you guys don't know what unviable indicator it is use to see it them chemical is acids or bases (alkalis).

How does that make PCI-5 become an alcohol?
How many ranked players did it take to deal with a simple RDM? 3-4 Trusteds and a Moderator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#28 atty16

atty16

• 1,355 posts

The Angel of Death

Posted 03 August 2012 - 14:49

Attacues, you are being a real pain in the arse.

Phosphorus pentachloride (PCI 5) is not alcohol Ethanol is the alcohol in this experiment.

#29 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 03 August 2012 - 15:03

Ladies and gentlemen, witness the mind of a manwhore.
Oui oui chevaux

#30 Attacus

Attacus

• 2,952 posts

aka Keith.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 15:53

Yea, my problem was, you just mentioned the PCI-5 but never said a word about ethanol. There are quite a few PCI liquid tests how should I know ethanol was involved?

Anyways you're teacher must have been pretty distracted to ignore the dizziness and the fading field of vision before actually getting drunk via the few vaporizing fumes that got into his nose :>

E: What school is that you're on? Because shouldnt you only be allowed to use denatured alcohol?
How many ranked players did it take to deal with a simple RDM? 3-4 Trusteds and a Moderator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#31 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 16:18

The part where he opens his laptop just gets me every time.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#32 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 03 August 2012 - 16:21

In a way, it doesn't fit to see Blackheart drunk. After playing TTT on the same server for over a year I imagined someone who can never be in a weakened state of mind.

He's the hero LDT deserves, but not the one it needs right now (servers are down). So we'll laugh at him him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector, [SPOILER=a Black Heart.][/SPOILER]

#33 atty16

atty16

• 1,355 posts

The Angel of Death

Posted 03 August 2012 - 17:33

E: What school is that you're on? Because shouldnt you only be allowed to use denatured alcohol?

It not a school it a college and it part of the course (forensics) to do this experiment.

anyway lets get back to the thread.

#34 Danbready

Danbready

• 3,510 posts

The Irish Guy!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 17:37

's ...

Religion is like a penis;
It's good to have one, and you should be proud proud of it!
But don't go taking it out in public and don't go around shoving it down other people's throats...

#35 Metadone

Metadone

• 3,173 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 03 August 2012 - 19:19

Please gtfo with your boring school experiments.

Leader of Metaleak Community - Communaute league of legends - Recrutement CSGO - Team CSS

#36 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 03 August 2012 - 23:07

Look what you all have done to this awesome thread.

LDT is LDT.

#37 Attacus

Attacus

• 2,952 posts

aka Keith.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:30

I'm ashamed I fell for Atty's silly posts again.. but I simply cant resist... ughr. Post more blackheart videos. Thats the only thing that could help us right now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#38 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:38

Can't say I'll be that drunk during the remaining hours of Campzone.

#39 JJHK

JJHK

• 1,803 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 05 August 2012 - 13:36

You'll have to film yourself at home, Blackheart.

And you've got 3,333 posts. c:
23:10 - Lynx: Oh we'll
23:11 - JJHK: we'll
23:12 - Lynx: iPhone erection thing

#40 Humex

Humex

• 1,185 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 05 August 2012 - 13:41

He shall never post again, and ruin the 3333 posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users