- - - - -

Rate your last seen movie

120 replies to this topic

#41 Badgers

Badgers

• 1,292 posts

imgay

Posted 02 July 2012 - 22:30

Lord of the Rings again and I give it 9/10 only because they didn't have Tom Bombadil in it

The lack of something that isn't required to make a good film made it not as good?
wat
hiddentext

#42 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 02 July 2012 - 22:45

Just watched "The amazing spiderman" in 3D. It's the new spiderman remake thing.
It is fucking awesome, and I recommend you go and see it.

Really? How is it compared to the first Spiderman movie? I was planning to wait for the BluRay since the trailer looked cheesy but I might go and see it after all!

#43 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 02 July 2012 - 23:02

It was different, but very well made. I wouldn't call it a remake. It's just a different movie with the same basic concept of a guy getting spider powers, and there were no drastical changes to the basic plot (spider + bad guy + girl + identity stuff + uncle and aunt etc), but it's all just in a new jacket and a true viewing pleasure.

I'd say that the biggest difference is that the new spiderman guy has more swag compared to the nerdy

LDT is LDT.

#44 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:25

Man on a Ledge
http://www.bing.com/...SANGAM&pid=13.1

Sam Worthington escapes from prison and stands on a ledge in order to prove his innocence.
Pretty silly plot, not a surprise considering the title of the movie. A simple and mindless crime/thriller.
Sam's performence is good as always!
2.5/5

Our Idiot Brother
Posted Image

Made me laugh a bunch of times and also managed to be touching towards the end! There was a also a moment of perfect irony because until the very end of the movie I had thought that the main character was Ben Affleck.
That makes me idiot #2 because I've seen Paul Rudd in at least 10 other films to date.
3/5

Ransom
Posted Image

Saw it for the second time yesterday!
GIVE ME BACK MY SON/5

#45 Sir Trigg

Sir Trigg

• 995 posts

Beardcules

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:39

The Amazing Spider-Man

Posted Image

Thought it was awesome. :D

#46 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 24 July 2012 - 23:39

The Dark Knight Rises

Awesome.

No need for a review or a score, all of you are going to see it anyway:rolleyes:

#47 MrMcsqueezy

MrMcsqueezy

• 1,813 posts

The Chosen One

Posted 24 July 2012 - 23:53

Taken
Finally got to see it. Fast paced action thriller film with Liam Neeson being as awesome as ever. Plot is quite good, but I can see some people seeing it as a 'Meh'. Basically an ex government agents estranged daughter goes missing, and this badass right here takes it upon himself to find her, risking his life in the process.

A sequel is also being released fairly soon.

I'd give it a 3/5. Average film with some awesome scenes. I'd also reccomend Unknown, also starring Neeson. Again, an action thriller, but this time Neeson has to find himself before it's too late.

Or as a philosopher once said "define a human, you can't, because all humans are unique. this is facts. end of story"

I have erectile disfunction.. I trust you guys to keep that confidential.

Livestreaming Regularly Bitches! (Click!)

#48 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,527 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:04

Watched The Expendables the other day.
I thought it was AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

To the max.
It was the best movie ever.
Like, fo realz.
Ok, maybe they tie with the New Kids movies. But those are exclusive to a Dutch audience.
Expendables is fucking cool.

I also watched Spiderman 1-3 again.
Not bad at all, haven't seen that new Spiderman movie yet, but I intend to.

Also watched The Last Airbender.
I like the universe, it's a great concept/excuse for high-energy chi-involved martial arts. Just like DBZ.
However, it was only a movie, and a little PG-13, it's from a cartoon after all.
But the whole air/water/earth/fire bending and avatar concept is very nice and easy to make awesome shit out of.
I enjoyed it. :)

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#49 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:07

@Bob

I felt like the Airbender movie sucked too much D, It skipped all the good parts. Thats probably because I watched the animated series trough 2 times :7

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

#50 ManyPopes

ManyPopes

• 1,526 posts

Thirtysix

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:34

Lol I watched Final Destination at my cousin's house two days ago

2/10 some of the CGI was cool.

#51 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,527 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 13:09

Hahahahaha, you should lighten up.
It's actually a comedy. If you're gonna step into it as a drama or horror, you're not going to enjoy it.

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#52 Physical Shock

Physical Shock

• 325 posts

Worst Traitor Ever!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 14:30

LIMITLESS
I could not find a image that worked, so here I go. Limitless is were a person called Edward Moria [Bradley Cooper] gets a drug called NZT and when you take it you use 100% of your brain instead of around 20%.

4*/5. I like this film because of the great acting skills by Bradley Cooper and Robert Deniro.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Patokia is playing Hello Kity Adventure Island
๖ۣۜPatokia: DIS
๖ۣۜPatokia: GAME
๖ۣۜPatokia: IS
๖ۣۜPatokia: AWESOME

#53 ManyPopes

ManyPopes

• 1,526 posts

Thirtysix

Posted 25 July 2012 - 15:16

Maybe that's what went wrong, but I really can't remember finding it funny either :s

#54 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 25 July 2012 - 16:05

when you take it you use 100% of your brain instead of around 20%.

People already use 100% of their brain

It's a myth that only 1, 5, 10, or 20% is used :P

#55 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,701 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 25 July 2012 - 16:09

Physical forgot to include something, 'at one time'. :3 (Let alone I'd say it's somewhat impossible to use 100% of your brain at any given time anyway, just because of how it works.

#56 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 25 July 2012 - 22:33

Yeah, but aside from that, it's a good movie. :P

LDT is LDT.

#57 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,527 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 00:48

I've heard about that movie.
I'd refuse to pay any money for it, for the fact that it's based on a stupid misconception.
But I like the concept nonetheless, and I'd like to see it.

Did I mention The Expendables is awesome?
Yeah, watch it.

#58 Arek1123

Arek1123

• 31 posts

New User

Posted 26 July 2012 - 00:52

Dark Knight Rises, was pretty good for the first ~30 minutes, but then this happened. I was lucky enough to be in Theater 8 instead of 9, where he was shooting.

#59 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 26 July 2012 - 00:58

The Last Airbender.

Yes! Loved that film however is there any information whatsoever about the release date or what year we are looking at for the sequel? Cannot seem to find anything, providing there has been any information released about it. This and the avatar sequels are films i am most looking forward to seeing.

I felt like the Airbender movie sucked too much D, It skipped all the good parts. Thats probably because I watched the animated series trough 2 times :7

You simply cannot compare the two. I would highly recommend you watch the actual film.

#60 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:50

About the last Spiderman film, The Amazing Spiderman...

Posted Image

It wasn't that amazing. Because the Spiderman trilogy made only a few years ago was awesome enough, and from what I remember, had a better storyline. So I really don't know what the hell were producers thinking when they decided to make this film, I would have greatly preferred to have a new film from the "old" series (especially since : 1] the main enemy is new and wasn't in the other series; 2] it's a whole new series).

Now, in detail:

Storyline: 1/5: like I said, the old series had a better one, so everything in this film was predictable, the kind of shit you see in almost every pop-corn movie, typical stuff. Lack of depth and originality, thus.
Direction: 4/5: pretty much the best thing in the film; though it's nothing incredible, it's a pretty good job.
Actors: 3,5/5: nothing great again, but the actors got the joj done, some better than others. The main villain was pretty average, and so was the girlfriend. Fortunately, the actor portraying Spiderman did a better job than expected, and proved himself to be energic enough. I was also glad to see Martin Sheen among the main characters (actor I specially appreciate because of his role of main villain in the Mass Effect series).
Music: 2/5: sometimes it's rather good, sometimes it's almost awful. Horner is a famous composer, but his work here was unremarkable at times.

Final note: 2,5/5. Which means "not bad". But not great either.
The most patient man in the world

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users