- - - - -

Rate your last seen movie

120 replies to this topic

#21 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 01 July 2012 - 18:45

In my opinion, The Avengers wasn't that bad... I knew what to expect (action, punch lines, action, impressive sights, action, very bad guys but not totally bad though, action, etc), and I wasn't disappointed. It isn't absolutely great, but it's pretty good in its kind.

Prometheus was really good too. The end reminded me of Mass Effect 3, because you have no idea what will happen next, or even if something will happen; which was a bit frustrating (if they don't make a follow-up, that is). But the film itself was very impressive, full of memorable scenes, and they actually give us the origins of the "Alien". The actors were as remarkable as the direction.

Yesterday, I watched Jacob's Ladder (1990 or so), one of my favourite Horror films. It's not like any other Horror film, if you haven't watched it yet, I urge you to. The best thing with that film is, I think, how you have no idea what is real and what is not. Every second of the film, every event, you ask yourself. You thought Inception was mindfucking? Watch Jacob's Ladder.
The most patient man in the world

#22 DaimonFrey

DaimonFrey

• 572 posts

Regular User

Posted 01 July 2012 - 19:07

It's better if you have seen the original one, have you?

Of course i have (When i was a small child, hiding under a blanket. I remember the chest teeth guy and the splitting dog), i smiled at the dog hunting scene. Also lol cat, that guy with a horn was a dick.
I am the hammer, I am the right hand of the Emperor, the instrument of His will, the gauntlet about His fist, the tip of His spear, the edge of His sword.

#23 atty16

atty16

• 1,355 posts

The Angel of Death

Posted 01 July 2012 - 19:41

Street Fighter

Posted Image

1 out of 5

becaue of many things.

casting

Jean Claude Van Damme (Colonel William F. Guile) who is Belgium who can bearly speak any english playing as a american . in my opion this was the wost person to pick as Guile. Guile is American patriot which Jean Claude Van Damme is not because he has a strong acaccent. Raul Julia (General M. Bison) on the other hand does a good job on play Bison for god sake he got Nominated Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor and he did the best as he could but he sadly died a year leter.

Ending
For some stupid reason Zangief some reason help Allied Nations escape and does not get charge him with war crimes.

I love my blades, my ship and my slaves 

#24 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 01 July 2012 - 19:47

Silly Belgium he is.
The most patient man in the world

#25 WR_

WR_

• 466 posts

Regular User

Posted 01 July 2012 - 19:48

Coco, I love the final destination -series too ! :D

Last seen was exactly the same as yours. :P

Final destination 5

4.5/5

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[spoiler=The best reasons for a kill I've ever seen, prepare for amazing excuses.]
Ya_YoZhiG: i`m not killet you
max16120900: fuck this server i want that you are hacked
[/spoiler]

#26 atty16

atty16

• 1,355 posts

The Angel of Death

Posted 01 July 2012 - 19:51

I love my blades, my ship and my slaves 

#27 Badgers

Badgers

• 1,292 posts

imgay

Posted 01 July 2012 - 20:11

Was a really good movie :3 4.5/5

4+/54/5

Rock Of Ages 4.5/5.

MIB 3: 5/5

Push - 8.5/10

I give it a solid 9,6/10 (Dice throw 6).

Final Destination 5 9/10

The Thing (2011) 8.5/10.

I give it a 9.5/10

good film nice plot gud charcters overal i give it 9 and half out of 10.

I'd like to know what you guys consider a bad film. Without mentioning Bieber.

Max, I honestly enjoyed Avengers. A lot. I don't give any fucks about comic books or niggers, I just want to watch a fun film. There was comedy and there was action, and enough character development to erect a film nerd. "OH GEOMETRY NIGGERS SHAPES RUINED". This isn't relevant to the film. If people don't know what a tesseract is, and they now associate with this film, that's their ignorance. I don't understand how that has any impact at all on anything.
hiddentext

#28 Noggout

Noggout

• 58 posts

User

Posted 01 July 2012 - 21:07

Posted Image

not really much good at this, but, I think this movie is really great, and highly recommended, but only if you like pretty deep movies D:

also, 8/10 :o

#29 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 01 July 2012 - 21:14

@Badgers
I think it's a good thing. I've seen most of the films people have recommended so far and I can slowly deicde who's opinions I value the most (for future recommendations)

Also important difference:

1. If I go to the cinema and watch a random movie it's usually a 3/5 (statistically speaking:p).

2. If I'm rating a movie that's a couple of years old it probably means I've looked it up and pretty much confirmed it's a good movie prior to watching it. Chances are I'm giving it a high rating (unless I happen to disagree with a majority of people)

This is how I see the ratings anyway:

0 = Abysmal
1 = Bad
2 = Mediocre
3 = Good
4 = Very good
5 = Amazing

#30 DaimonFrey

DaimonFrey

• 572 posts

Regular User

Posted 01 July 2012 - 21:17

I rated the film by the amount of fun had. I did not take artistic values or skill of the actors into consideration, just how much i liked watching it. I consider a movie bad when it fails to do what it tries to. If a horror doesn't scare me, it's not good. I didn't treat The Thing as a horror movie, more as a sci-fi one with horror elements, therefore it was a good one.
I am the hammer, I am the right hand of the Emperor, the instrument of His will, the gauntlet about His fist, the tip of His spear, the edge of His sword.

#31 Hobanobaclypse

Hobanobaclypse

• 731 posts

Regular User

Posted 01 July 2012 - 21:47

Office Space

Posted Image

Another great comedy film. The basic story/plot for this film consists of a group of office workers who are bored of their jobs, and are gradually beginning to hate them more and more. One night, one of them snaps and decides to rebel/act against his boss. Great and hilarious film.

I rate this film 8/10.

For future reference, I like comedy films so yeah.. if you ever want any suggestions just ask.

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

Posted Image

I absolutely love this film, not so much the sequels, but they are okay I guess.
This is a comedy spy film, think of James Bond mixed with the 60's and more of a ladies man.

It follows the story of Austin Powers, (played by Mike Myers, the actor, not the character from Halloween) who coincidentally plays almost every character in the film. It's a heavy slapstick comedy, but there are also some general laugh out loud moments. It might be just my type of humour, but it is a good film. If you enjoy this, you could also check out the sequels:
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- Austin Powers: In Goldmember

I'd give it a 7/10, due to the fact it's not a "good" film, but it's funny and worth watching.

Super

http://t2.gstatic.co...Rrp4JCoG5Y8bJFw

Another comedy film. This film is about a very puny, pathetic man who throughout his entire life has been stepped on by other people and pushed around. He has finally had enough when his wife leaves him for a drug dealer. He seeks vengeance on this man, and turns to becoming a wrench-wielding vigilante. What he lacks in strength or charisma, he more than makes up for in his violence.

Hilarious film. I rate this about 7/10.

That's enough of me for now, enjoy the suggestions and I hope you watch the films I listed!
"War. War never changes." - Fallout
"It's like a volcano in my mouth and everybody is DYING!" - Will from school
"Anti-tank mines give me a stiffy" - Hardcore Bob
[SIGPIC]http://ldt-clan.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=72&dateline=1310586766[/SIGPIC]

#32 ManyPopes

ManyPopes

• 1,526 posts

Thirtysix

Posted 01 July 2012 - 23:29

Mmm bad geometry is annoying. Taking a 3D shape, a cube inside a cube and calling it a tesseract is like having a 2D picture of a cube and calling the picture a cube. And I think things being annoyingly incorrect can detract from a film.

Also, in response to what badgers and tabole are saying, it's evident that we all have different tastes in film. Therefore it's very difficult to relate to anyone's ratings.

#33 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 01 July 2012 - 23:49

Indeed, I myself really enjoyed the movie too, I went in for action, and I got what I came for.

After all, what can you expect when you throw Iron man, the hulk, captain america and thor together into one party?
They're not gonna be sipping tee and discussing the weather.

That's why I'm not proud to be Dutch.

#34 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,525 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 13:32

Last one I watched was 2010: The Year We Make Contact, which is the sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey.

It's a very typical movie, and you have to be into it, but I enjoyed it.
I think 2001 is better though.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#35 JJHK

JJHK

• 1,803 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 02 July 2012 - 15:25

Prometheus - 3/5.

My mind is full of fuck.

Watch the Alien franchise.
23:10 - Lynx: Oh we'll
23:11 - JJHK: we'll
23:12 - Lynx: iPhone erection thing

#36 LifeTimeN00b

LifeTimeN00b

• 571 posts

Chugging vodka since 99'.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 16:12

Simpsons the movie
(rented it yesterday)
9.5/10 - I really don't know why i cutted the 0.5, it's great humor,great fun, epic animation.
What's a KILL? Baby don't HURT ME! Don't HURT ME! No more...No! STOP,STOP,Aaaaaah...!!!

-SIGPIC REMOVED: TOO LARGE- That's what she said...

#37 Attacus

Attacus

• 2,952 posts

aka Keith.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 16:26

Badgers: The latest Harry Potter (7.2) would have been about a 6.5/10 imo, the latest Pirates of the Carribean would be a 7/10.
Just for reference.

Watched the animated Resident Evil in Japanese yesterday. Although its based on the games I didnt enjoy it at all, probably a 4/10 or maybe 4.5/10 since the animations were well made.
How many ranked players did it take to deal with a simple RDM? 3-4 Trusteds and a Moderator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#38 MrMcsqueezy

MrMcsqueezy

• 1,813 posts

The Chosen One

Posted 02 July 2012 - 17:30

Keith, was that Degeneration or the new one? I saw Degeneration a year or so ago and thought it was quite good, may have to re-watch it though. Only reaosn I ask is because I'm aware that there's meant to be a new animated one... :P

Speaking of which, not long to wait for Resi: Retribution...

Or as a philosopher once said "define a human, you can't, because all humans are unique. this is facts. end of story"

I have erectile disfunction.. I trust you guys to keep that confidential.

Livestreaming Regularly Bitches! (Click!)

#39 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 02 July 2012 - 19:06

Last movie I watched was:
Lord of the Rings again and I give it 9/10 only because they didn't have Tom Bombadil in it
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#40 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 02 July 2012 - 22:27

Just watched "The amazing spiderman" in 3D. It's the new spiderman remake thing.
It is fucking awesome, and I recommend you go and see it.

LDT is LDT.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users