- - - - -

Rate your last seen movie

120 replies to this topic

#1 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:40

I'm always looking for good film recommendations so I'll give this thread a shot. This community hasn't shown much interest in films yet but that will hopefully change!

There are similar threads to this one but they're not quite what I'm looking for. See it as part 2 of Atomic's thread minus the confusing title that leads to the wrong kind of replies. So let's start fresh!

Movies I've seen over the weekend:

Das Experiment
Posted Image

20 guys are hired to play prisoners and guards in an experiment (based on a true story)
The perfect way of showing what a little power can do to change a man. It reminded me of a few members here on LDT and the change in their behaviour after being given ban powers:D Note: see the German one and not the shitty American remake.
4+/5

Intouchables
Posted Image

Perhaps the best French film I've seen to date. Lots of funny moments and a touching story!
4/5

American [Pie] Reunion
http://t3.gstatic.co...aL5z95gNmx9bT81

Brings back a lot of memories:o Equally funny as the first one!
3/5

Edited by Tabole, 01 July 2012 - 17:12.

#2 Gio!?

Gio!?

• 3,428 posts

Forum Regular

• Steam:GioNL
  • LocationBleiswijk, South-Holland

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:29

DRIVE

Posted Image

Was a really good movie :3
4.5/5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780504/

CAMPZONE______STEAMSKYPE______USER POLICY

#3 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:32

Posted Image

DATE MOVIE
Because Why the fuck not :D

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

#4 Gio!?

Gio!?

• 3,428 posts

Forum Regular

• Steam:GioNL
  • LocationBleiswijk, South-Holland

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:58

Posted Image

Look, it's a missing image :D

CAMPZONE______STEAMSKYPE______USER POLICY

#5 MrMcsqueezy

MrMcsqueezy

• 1,813 posts

The Chosen One

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:29

Rock Of Ages 4.5/5. A rock musical. Girlfriend suggested it, but was damn awesome. Plot revolves around a few characters, but there's a slight emphasis on two people and there love for each other. (Yeah yeah, I know what you're thinking) Has some fantastic covers, and is also brilliantly funny.Well worth a watch if you like classic rock and rock in general. Also features Alec Baldwin, Tom Cruise and Russel Brand, who despite my dislike of his humour in general, delivers a great comedic performance.

Watch it, you won't be dissapointed.

Or as a philosopher once said "define a human, you can't, because all humans are unique. this is facts. end of story"

I have erectile disfunction.. I trust you guys to keep that confidential.

Livestreaming Regularly Bitches! (Click!)

#6 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 01 July 2012 - 13:06

Posted Image

LDT is LDT.

#7 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 13:49

If the title was misleading, Tabole, you could've just asked me to rename this thread, because it was perfect apart from that.

(Lol psy)

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#8 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 01 July 2012 - 14:09

Title: The Avengers

Posted Image

Horrible overhyped movie without sense, with retarded pointless scenes about side characters, so the movie gets double overlength, and they probably can take more money for it.

+Whenever you say the word Tesseract now, 90% of retarded idiots think of this retarded blue box:
Posted Image

And not of an actual tesseract Posted Image

Again some retarded horrible movie screwed up an awesome geometrical figure.

/rant

#9 ManyPopes

ManyPopes

• 1,528 posts

Thirtysix

Posted 01 July 2012 - 14:19

Well actually that blue box could be a 3d perspective of a tesseract, the GIF is just many 3d perspectives.

Still I haven't seen Avengers, but your description there summed up what I expected. I thought Watchmen was a pretty stupid film, along with The Green Lantern, I'm really not a fan of comics being turned into films.

Secret Window

Posted Image

A friend recommended I watch this as I really enjoy psychological thriller sort of films.
I really didn't enjoy this film (and quit about half way) because it just got increasingly dull. The story line was trying to be mysterious but it was extremely obvious what was going on, I've just looked at the plot on interwebs and I'd guessed the end from when I stopped watching..

I really didn't think Johnny Depp suited the character, he suits quirky characters, and in this film the main character is some sort of depressed introvert. When Johnny Depp's natural quirkiness showed through it just made the acting seem bad.

I'm sure if I'd watched to the end I would think better of the film, but seeing as the end wasn't even going to be a surprise to me I'm glad I didn't bother.

3/10

Edited by ManyPopes, 01 July 2012 - 14:29.

#10 Didileking

Didileking

• 608 posts

François le Francais!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 14:39

Yea Tabole ! Intouchable = Best French film ever :D

daopul18368.png

#11 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 01 July 2012 - 15:20

MIB 3: 5/5

My favourite movie ever
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 Puustjuust

Puustjuust

• 684 posts

Regular User

Posted 01 July 2012 - 15:31

Prometheus - 3/5.

My mind is full of fuck.

#13 Attacus

Attacus

• 2,952 posts

aka Keith.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 15:57

Push - 8.5/10
How many ranked players did it take to deal with a simple RDM? 3-4 Trusteds and a Moderator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 Hobanobaclypse

Hobanobaclypse

• 731 posts

Regular User

Posted 01 July 2012 - 16:13

The Big Lebowski

Posted Image

This film is about "The Dude"; Jeff Lebowski suffering from a case of mistaken identity. Hilarity shortly ensues as he is mistaken for a millionaire by the same name. A great film, mixing comedy, crime and other genres together very well.
I'm not really a film critic so just watch it, judge for yourselves.

I rate this film about 8/10 to 9/10.

Another great film by the Coen brothers (if you don't know who they are, check out their work http://en.wikipedia....ers#Filmography).
"War. War never changes." - Fallout
"It's like a volcano in my mouth and everybody is DYING!" - Will from school
"Anti-tank mines give me a stiffy" - Hardcore Bob
[SIGPIC]http://ldt-clan.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=72&dateline=1310586766[/SIGPIC]

#15 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 01 July 2012 - 16:23

Hellsing Ultimate OVA
Posted Image

This Anime is a Original Video Animation of the Hellsing Manga made in 1997-2008, I loved all the Volumes of the Manga and just had to see the OVA. I have yet to see the last episode of Hellsing Ultimate (It have yet to be released). The clash of history and myths make this Anine/Manga the best I have yet so see.

The conjugation of treachery, hate, love, and fear (And is some cases Childish and immature) actions take this OVA up to the skies.

I give it a solid 9,6/10 (Dice throw 6).

[SPOILER=Caracters:]
Alucard

The series' main protagonist. An ancient and powerful vampire, he serves as the Hellsing Organization's most powerful operative, vampire expert and its "trump card". He is actually the original vampire that was defeated by Dr. Abraham Van Helsing in Bram Stoker's book Dracula. In the Hellsing universe, instead of being killed, Alucard was taken into custody and experimented on by what became the Hellsing organization. At some point he was locked up by Abraham's son Arthur, and later released by Arthur's daughter Integra, who becomes his Master from then on. In the beginning of the story Alucard turns Seras Victoria into a vampire (We will come back to her).

Integra Hellsing

A descendant of Abraham Van Helsing and the Bureau Director of the Hellsing Organization. She inherited her position as the head of the Hellsing family at the age of 12 (13 in the Gonzo series), upon her father's death. Integra is also Alucard's current master. She is intelligent and strong, almost always featured smoking cigars. Although often seeming strict and domineering, she is much respected and admired, even among her enemies. Following in the path of her family's tradition, she is reputed to be a worthy vampire huntress herself, as noted by her enemies and exhibited by her capabilities during the latter chaotic events of the series. Integra is the only one who could command the respect and loyalty of Alucard.

Seras Victoria

Seras was formerly a member of the police force, but after being mortally wounded on a mission involving Alucard, she chose to join him among the ranks of the vampires rather than die. Both her parents were murdered when she was a child, and she reportedly has no close friends or connections. After being turned, Seras joins the Hellsing organization, where she struggles with her role as Alucard's fledgling and her reluctance to drink blood. She finally accepts her nature to honor Pip Bernadotte's request.

Walter C. Dornez

Walter is a 69-year-old retired member of the Hellsing Organization who serves as Integra's butler, only revealing his true capabilities as the 'Angel of Death' and ex-Hellsing 'trashman' in times of need. He was handpicked to be a Hellsing operative and butler by Integra's father and, along with Alucard, participated in the destruction of Millennium in World War II, over fifty years ago.

Later in the Manga/OVA, Walter had been captured by The Captain and transformed into a Vampire by Doc. This implied that he teamed up with Millennium since 1944 (We will get back to Doc and The Caption later)

Captain Pip Bernadotte

Captain Pip Bernadotte is the leader of the Wild Geese, a group of mercenaries hired by Hellsing. He is very well respected and admired by his men. He is of French origin. During the battle with Zorin and her forces he dies while rescuing a badly injured Seras. Before his death he kisses Seras and offers her his blood; she drinks it, becoming a true undead absorbing his life and memories into herself.

Iscariot (Vatican Section XIII)

The Iscariot Organization, named after Judas Iscariot, the apostle who betrayed Jesus, is a top-secret wing of the Vatican charged with the active pursuit and extermination of demons (such as vampires) and heretics. Given that the Hellsing Organization not only employs vampires but is run on the principles of staunch Protestantism, Iscariot is their natural rival, despite their similar aims.

Alexander Anderson

A warrior priest or paladin who works for the Vatican Section XIII, Iscariot. Anderson is Iscariot's ultimate weapon in the fight against the undead. With regenerative capabilities, and a variety of holy weapons (including his signature blessed bayonets, of which he has many) his mission is nothing less than the complete destruction of all the undead in the world. As this includes many of Hellsing's subordinates, Anderson is one of Alucard's greatest foes, as well as his primary rival.

Enrico Maxwell

Enrico Maxwell is the ambitious, ruthless leader of the Iscariot Organization (Vatican Section XIII). He is also depicted as Alexander Anderson's boss, analogous to Integra's relationship to Alucard.

Heinkel Wolfe and Yumie Takagi

Heinkel Wolfe is a pistol wielding assassin belonging to the Iscariot Organization. Yumie, a Japanese nun with a split personality is her partner. They appear first as Maxwell's bodyguards and again in the brigade of Iscariot operatives sent to the besieged London to apprehend Integra Hellsing. These two also appear in the first, second, and third installment of the manga as a short chapter in the back, as it seems more to give a slight background on the two rather anything else.

Millennium

A mysterious group of Nazis that was hiding in Brazil since the end of World War II, they serve as the main antagonists for the remainder of the series. Research headed by the Doctor developed a method of creating artificial vampires, which are then sent out to wreak havoc with chips implanted in them to monitor their status, behavior, intent, and aggression. Somewhat similar to kamikaze units, they are remotely ignited and destroyed once defeated.

The Major

A sociopathic former SS officer, he was in charge of Nazi experimentation with artificial vampirism until Alucard and Walter destroyed the laboratory in 1944. Obsessed with battle, he seeks to create an endless war.

The Captain

The Major's silent, stoic adjutant and bodyguard. He is a werewolf (Not like the arch enemy like in the Hellsing Movie and was around when Alucard and Walter destroyed the laboratory containing documents on artificial vampirism.

Rip van Winkle

Rip van Winkle is the "Huntress" of the Millennium Organization. Her weapon of choice is a long-barreled flintlock musket. The gun itself fires magic bullets, to which she claims "punish all without distinction." She appears in both Hellsing (manga) and Hellsing: the dawn (manga) as well as in the 4th OVA. Her connection to Alucard extends back to WWII.

The Doctor

He is Millenium's top scientist of physiology and technology, the genius behind many of their projects. Perhaps unstable, certainly eccentric, but undeniably brilliant. Doc usually appears dressed in a perpetually bloodstained white lab coat, an unusual shirt which reveals his lower torso, and glasses with an assortment of adjustable, multilensed spectacles. Also he is relentlessly loyal to the Major and the cause of undead research.

Schrödinger

Schrödinger is a catboy created by Doc to serve Millennium. Usually found sitting underneath the Major's throne like a pet, he also acts as an envoy for Millennium. He has the ability to be "everywhere and nowhere" at the same time, his powers also include apparent regeneration/immortality (He got his head blew of 2 times with Blessed Explosive Silver Bullets), If he believes that he is unscathed, then he is. (These abilities, his name, and his being feline are obviously a reference to the famous "Schrödinger's cat" scenario in quantum physics). Apparently he has a slight attraction towards Seras, at least hinting it when he first and only time they meet.

Zorin Blitz

Zorin is a tall, masculine female character covered with tattoos on one side of her body and face. She is often seen smoking, and her weapon of choice is a scythe. Using her tattoos, Zorin can create very realistic illusions using the memories of her target, and then takes advantage of her enemy's weakness. She leads a devastating attack upon Hellsing Manor during manga/OVA 6 and 7. The imagery associated with Zorin is amongst the most obligatorily occult, apart from Alucard's.

Tubalcain Alhambra

A Spanish vampire who appears in Volume 3/4/OVA 3 who promised Brazilian police and military officers immortality through becoming vampires in exchange for killing Alucard and Seras Victoria.

[/SPOILER]

Edited by Catkillerfive, 02 July 2012 - 14:56.

76561198037959911.png

#16 Coco puffs

Coco puffs

• 1,278 posts

Gets the JOJ done

Posted 01 July 2012 - 16:36

http://ts2.mm.bing.n...1e4ca7bc29a88ac
Final Destination 5
9/10

Filled with tons of gore and funny shit.
I like the series.

Because he's the American LDT deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

#17 DaimonFrey

DaimonFrey

• 572 posts

Regular User

Posted 01 July 2012 - 16:44

http://t3.gstatic.co...HBDsSC-HYrxMYRZ
The Thing (2011) 8.5/10. The monsters were well made, built tension well, didn't manage to scare me.
I am the hammer, I am the right hand of the Emperor, the instrument of His will, the gauntlet about His fist, the tip of His spear, the edge of His sword.

#18 Coco puffs

Coco puffs

• 1,278 posts

Gets the JOJ done

Posted 01 July 2012 - 16:46

The Thing (2011) 8.5/10. The monsters were well made, built tension well, didn't manage to scare me.

It's better if you have seen the original one, have you?

Because he's the American LDT deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

#19 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 01 July 2012 - 17:03

@Daimon I watched that movie in a cinema full of 15-16 years olds, 1 guy managed to bring a Horn (the one where you press a button at the top and it make a loud noise). Every time there was like one of these "Climbing" moments he honked so everyone on the Cinema jumped. The girls that sat next to me cried whenever he did that :3

76561198037959911.png

#20 Attacus

Attacus

• 2,952 posts

aka Keith.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 18:21

Posted Image

Probably should be rating that one as well as I watched it on DVD after I finished Push yesterday.

I give it a 9.5/10 - simply because only the first two movies deserve a full 10/10. The issue of the third would be that it heavily relateds not only to the first two movies but also on both seasons of Stand Alone Complex but doesnt draw enough lines to the movies for a die hard fan like me to go "Oh SHIT YES AWESOMEFUCK". It seems to try too hard to explain the movies to the audience by constantly repeating "oh the major left 2 years ago.. meh 2 years without the major.. if only the major was here". That was good in the second movie but meh, dont need to repeat the same phrases in the 3rd again. Other than that, excellent movie. GitS is probably the best anime series ever to be created anyways.
How many ranked players did it take to deal with a simple RDM? 3-4 Trusteds and a Moderator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users