Headcrab + head = fail

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Unforeseen Physics

Unforeseen Physics

• 2,086 posts

Our last German

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:33

If you attack as headcrab and land on someone's head, you deal a small amount of initial damage but then you're pretty much screwed.
- You can not launch another attack from that person's head.
- You can barely move around, taking away crucial seconds in which people can spot you and take you down.
- You are completely defenseless until you get back to the ground.

I think this not only contradicts the term "Headcrab", as this creature should usually be in favor on being on people's heads, in some maps it renders the whole class useless (tight corridor, people squeezing together, you'll never be able to launch more than one attack before dying).

I suggest that if in air (or on people's heads for that matter), headcrabs should still be able to bite with an approximate interval of 1 second in between (secondary fire?).

#2 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,701 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:47

I've practically never been on people's head considering a headcrab can only jump/lunge so high. Besides, the idea for headcrabs is to get in small areas, nip at people and die. Having a headcrab constantly surviving or dealing too much damage is quite OP.

Did you know of the burrow key that the fatter headcrabs have? (Can't remember if female or male)

Fact is, the zombie team do NOT need buffing.

#3 Unforeseen Physics

Unforeseen Physics

• 2,086 posts

Our last German

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:54

It wouldn't be much of a buff, it would make more sense though. :P

#4 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:39

I've already killed two survivors that were in a room with a lot of survivors and full health without dieing.

#5 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:03

This thread is not about buffing it, it is about making it not glitch out in certain situations.
Though I wouldnt really know how to fix that...

LDT is LDT.

#6 Humex

Humex

• 1,185 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 21 June 2012 - 13:15

Like in Flood where you get shot up in the air if you are on the others boats. Meybe you could add that Lua code, and it would be fixed. ;D

#7 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,524 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 15:51

Think how awesome ZS would become with a pouncing system!
"GET IT OFF ME, GET IT OFF ME!!!"

I'd quite like if Headcrabs were able to do this.

About the "zombies are already overpowered" thing.
In my opinion, the whole gamemode needs a quick rethink.
Both being a zombie and being a survivor is very repetitive and gets boring quickly.

I think zombies should become even stronger and much more interesting to play.
Right now, the best thing to do is just to keep bashing on the survivor's defenses.
(Which they keep repairing at a faster rate than you can destroy)
It would be much more interesting if you actually got to do something that involved skill or at least damaging the humans.
For instance, a "puke pus" common zombie should be available, so you would be able to spit into people's bases.

The survivors, on the other hand, should get the following simple but powerful buff: the medic kit recharges slowly. This way, a "Medic" will play a much larger role in the gameplay, and will actually be a lot more viable and fun to play.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#8 Unforeseen Physics

Unforeseen Physics

• 2,086 posts

Our last German

Posted 21 June 2012 - 18:19

How about a complete refunc of the Headcrab class?

Reality:
Headcrabs jump on people's heads and take control. Surely, in the HL games they jump at the player and bite him, but that's because Gordon Freeman is boss and doesn't like to be insta-eaten.

I propose the following for the standard headcrab class:
Jumping at a player's torso / legs won't deal any damage. If you hit the head though, the guy will go blind (because you're sitting on his head) until someone deals at least 30 damage to you (and him respectively). I think that'd be more balanced and funnier than what we have now. Right now, std. Headcrabs are just some pesky little thugs that ruin outside scouting. :P

#9 lDustyNomadl

lDustyNomadl

• 28 posts

New User

Posted 22 June 2012 - 22:13

I think they should deal 5 damage every 2-3 seconds on the persons head. Or take control for 2-3 seconds and shoot other people with the current gun he has. Or punch them in the face for 10+ damage

#10 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:18

The control thing will be hard to make, but damage every second while standing on someones head seems doable.

LDT is LDT.

#11 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:57

@Bob, The Poison zombie can throw puke.

Headcrabs are ment to be the little pesky thugs that nip at people from inside, Removing ALL damage from biting would remove the main function of the class.

They are ment to be annoying tards, and should remain as annoying tards.

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users