#1 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 11 June 2012 - 15:36

[LDT] Spacebuild

General:
The [LDT] Spacebuild server has once again been started. It is officially open but there are still small things to be changed.

IP: 91.220.53.120:27065
Password: ldtspacebuild

Rules will be posted soon and once the server is open an [SB] tag will be added for both suggestions, reports and appeals (in their appropriate sub-forum sections).

SVN:

Before you can join Spacebuild there are a few addons that must be downloaded or else your enjoyment will be severely limited and in some cases the server will be unplayable for you.

The first thing that is needed is an SVN client, you can download one here.

Once that is setup, there are only a few things that must be done in order to download the addons.

• Navigate to your Garry's Mod addon folder, usually steam/steamapps/[username]/garrysmod/garrysmod/addons/.
  • Create a folder with the addons name, e.g. SBEP_Models.
  • Right click the folder.
  • Click SVN checkout.
  • Input the URL to contain the address of the SVN files, e.g. http://blahblah.com/spacebuild/
  • Click OK and wait until the files are finished downloading.

In the case of the server updating their version of the files in order to keep the gamemode up to date, you will need to update the SVN.

• Right click on addon folder.
  • Click on SVN update.

Addons:

Now that you know how to use an SVN client, here is a list of all SVN files needed. Note: Don't copy and paste the address from the forum as it will be in a shortened form. Click the hyperlinks and then copy and paste the URL from your browser address bar. If at any time you are prompted for a username or password, input "anonsvn" for both.

Note: Each SVN addon must go into it's own folder in the addons folder, otherwise some will not work.

Post here if there are any questions or you want to discuss the new server.

Edited by Jackeh, 17 June 2012 - 00:07.

#2 Sir Trigg

Sir Trigg

• 995 posts

Beardcules

Posted 11 June 2012 - 15:41

Aww, nice. :)

Do you have a release date in mind? And are all these files needed to play Spacebuild on other servers? (I'm asking because I've never played this before and I would like to get some practice in beforehand, so I don't suck and mess up the game) :3

#3 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 11 June 2012 - 15:42

Have you decided on a map?

That's why I'm not proud to be Dutch.

#4 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 11 June 2012 - 15:43

@Trig, Yup, those addons will be used in any up to date Spacebuild server. If it's an older server it may be using SBMP instead of SBEP. Some servers may use PewPew instead of GCombat as well but I've seen that PewPew is a bit OP. I'm going to be adding a different weapon system once we get things started called the Contraption Damage Engine which integrates into Spacebuild's energy system.

@Thom, currently using SB_Gooniverse but that is temporary until we get things going. :P

#5 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,278 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 11 June 2012 - 15:48

Posted Image

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#6 Metadone

Metadone

• 3,173 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 11 June 2012 - 15:54

Good news !
Nice thread, very pleasant to read.

Leader of Metaleak Community - Communaute league of legends - Recrutement CSGO - Team CSS

#7 Toxos

Toxos

• 63 posts

Im The Real Batman

Posted 11 June 2012 - 16:04

: D
This makes me so happy, I love SB and was sadface that LDT didn't have one!

For those of you that think SVN is too complex there is a tool that will download all the addons for you using the SVN links, its basicaly a tick box option thing, simple to use etc, here is a link.

Open the program 'GMASU' and press settings, tell it where you're gmod addons folder is (same place as Jaskeh said).

Download this text file and on the SVN Auto Updater press 'Tools/Import Selection' and direct it to the downloaded Selection.txt file (you may want to check and update the selections!).

Then press update and it will download all the files for you, go make a cup of tea, it will take a bit.

I would suggest you use the real SVN though, as its not 100% reliable.

Edited by Toxos, 24 June 2012 - 19:34.
Updating Info

Revengekeuh: Toxos is someone who would, Actually pull it out.
Steam: Toxos

#8 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 11 June 2012 - 16:47

All SBEP addons and WireMod are 100% working.

#9 Didileking

Didileking

• 608 posts

Fran├žois le Francais!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 19:44

Cool ! But I suck in Spacebuild :[

daopul18368.png

#10 LifeTimeN00b

LifeTimeN00b

• 571 posts

Chugging vodka since 99'.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 19:52

I'm really bad at SB... :P
Oh wait! I'm bad at everything!
What's a KILL? Baby don't HURT ME! Don't HURT ME! No more...No! STOP,STOP,Aaaaaah...!!!

-SIGPIC REMOVED: TOO LARGE- That's what she said...

#11 MrMcsqueezy

MrMcsqueezy

• 1,813 posts

The Chosen One

Posted 11 June 2012 - 19:56

Then how about you have a practice on the server when it's up? :P I plan on doing it, never played it before, so hoping I can own the universe within a few weeks. Just need to change my name to Harbinger and hope that there's no Commander Shepard.

Or as a philosopher once said "define a human, you can't, because all humans are unique. this is facts. end of story"

I have erectile disfunction.. I trust you guys to keep that confidential.

Livestreaming Regularly Bitches! (Click!)

#12 kalle_E

kalle_E

• 944 posts

The swedish dude

Posted 11 June 2012 - 20:00

Its up now meta...
kalle E: ITS AWSOME ITS AWSOME
Thom : NOH YUH
Thom : wait... no no NOOOOOOOO

$k: I can't hack I don't know his password.

#13 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 11 June 2012 - 20:05

We need to add restrictions first before it can be released though. Currently, we can all photon torpedo spam Jack. It's very productive I swear.

And the second the suggestions are allowed for spacebuild, I hope you're ready for the GRAVITY HULL DESIGNATOR spam.
Oui oui chevaux

#14 MrMcsqueezy

MrMcsqueezy

• 1,813 posts

The Chosen One

Posted 11 June 2012 - 20:07

Think you mean Squeezy, Kalle :P and:

[LDT] Spacebuild

General:
The [LDT] Spacebuild server has once again been started. It is not currently open officially as a few things are being added, but once this is done I will update this thread with a password and IP address.

Or as a philosopher once said "define a human, you can't, because all humans are unique. this is facts. end of story"

I have erectile disfunction.. I trust you guys to keep that confidential.

Livestreaming Regularly Bitches! (Click!)

#15 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 11 June 2012 - 20:22

Psycix said he was developing a code that tested to see if the server was hanging. Spacebuild could do with this. Any idea if that's ready?
Oui oui chevaux

#16 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,278 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 11 June 2012 - 20:26

When I'm done with it :P

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#17 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 11 June 2012 - 21:09

I dont know what spacebuild is :c
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 ManyPopes

ManyPopes

• 1,528 posts

Thirtysix

Posted 11 June 2012 - 22:59

Like sandbox but you build very functional ships, with weapons and gadgets and stuff. Apparently you're meant to have fights n stuff but most people just spend hours building ships then fapping over them :3

#19 Clarkey112

Clarkey112

• 639 posts

Clarkey

Posted 12 June 2012 - 00:49

ZOMG I used to love spacebuild... from all the addons I guess a lot has changed
Research time?
:D

Considering I am bored on TTT (only go on once every 2/3 days) I need a new server I liked flood but meh

How much wood would a wood chuck say he would chuck if a wood chuck could say how much wood he'd chuck if he could indeed chuck wood?

#20 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:51

Yeah, sometimes we do fights but you get people who treat there ships like trophies even though they have them saved :P but yeah, its good to get practice in. Protip, don't fly your ship into water or face the banhammer...
Oui oui chevaux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users