[ZS] A couple of small adjustments

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:56

-When human, screen doesn't go as grey as it used to do with color mod.
-Nails cost 5 instead of 35 when bought midgame.
-As a zombie, laying down on the ground regenerates health 3 times as fast as it used to do.

EDIT:
-It now says "Picked up <weapon>" when picking up a weapon instead of the weird "Arsenal upgraded" message.
-Admins can no longer noclip. It's really annoying to find yourself in noclip after hitting v by accident.

Edited by psycix, 04 June 2012 - 14:46.

LDT is LDT.

#2 SoarGoat

SoarGoat

• 1,616 posts

Das Goat

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:06

Psy are you getting involved in the development not just Gio?

I thought you hated it :P
[LDT]TwoMike: Yesh! Take that ManyPopes you hairy bastard!

[LDT]_Blackheart: My dick is a white supremecist P:

[LDT] kalle_E: Your yawns sound like Many Poops.

#3 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:36

Anyway, think it's possible to have something to change the volume of the music? It can get very loud.

#4 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:04

I would ask for Resupply crates to regen the ammo a bit faster, It is very hard to get ammo when needed and even more harder to save up for better guns.

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

#5 JJHK

JJHK

• 1,803 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:27

Same with the Medic kit, healing to slow.

#6 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:53

I think you shuld be able to buy Arsenal crates anytime during the round, as the only way to get a arsenal crate is to buy it before the game start or buy it on another arsenal crate.

76561198037959911.png

#7 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:01

/agree with JJ's suggestion.

My loadout makes me go more woozier than a drunken Bob in a Sniper fight.

- Loadingue 2014

#8 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,557 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 13:19

Nails
I don't mind the idea of decreasing nail cost, but take this into consideration:
Unlike breaking props, where props turn darker and darker shade of red as it loses HP, zombies have an adequate indication of their progress, and can plan and sync their attacks accordingly.

When people are using nails, all you're really doing is left clicking on a bunch of props which do not appear to move, shake or get damaged in any way. Until you are shot and you can find your way to the humans until this whole thing starts over again.

It can be a somewhat frustrating as a zombie to bash in nailed props, you don't have a single clue whether you are doing a good job, not a single piece of feedback whether you're actually making progress as a zombie.

Walking through props
Also, for some reason, some people can just press a key and walk through props, others can't.
This is pretty crucial to gameplay and a little lame that not everyone can do it.

I've never changed my Z bind, my Z binds to the sandbox undo key, just like everyone else who succeeds in walking through props.
I also tried binding another key to "suit_zoom" and even "+suit_zoom", but no effect.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#9 Trif

Trif

• 1,586 posts

Diceroller

Posted 04 June 2012 - 13:42

The bind for suit zoom is just +zoom.

I think we should hook up an AI to the servers which is able to detect retards, displaying a message to them that they have to insert a coin to play.

#10 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 04 June 2012 - 14:05

If your key doesn't work, go to options and press reset all keybindings.
Every time I said that to someone they ignored me and went on complaining how they were locked out.
I'd like them to try that first.

Bob, a prop that is not nailed is often pushed out of the way. Zombies don't need indication, they can just keep on clawing, and usually survivors fail anyway because they go out for a box of pistol ammo.
Don't forget that in the later waves zombies get to shoot poison through the barricade.
People get 6 nails with their hammer anyway. 1 nail for 5 bucks is not overpowered.

LDT is LDT.

#11 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 04 June 2012 - 14:46

I forgot to mention these two changes:
-It now says "Picked up <weapon>" when picking up a weapon instead of the weird "Arsenal upgraded" message.
-Admins can no longer noclip. It's really annoying to find yourself in noclip after hitting v by accident.

LDT is LDT.

#12 SoarGoat

SoarGoat

• 1,616 posts

Das Goat

Posted 04 June 2012 - 15:05

I don't think zombies should get any boosts tbh. They pretty much win on wave 3 anyway every map so.

Humans need that damage boost.

#13 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,557 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 15:09

I don't think you fully understood my post.
Perhaps I should've been more clear, or put some more emphasis on some parts.

I don't mind the idea of decreasing nail cost, but take this into consideration:
Unlike breaking props, where props turn darker and darker shade of red as it loses HP, zombies have an adequate indication of their progress, and can plan and sync their attacks accordingly.

When people are using nails, all you're really doing is left clicking on a bunch of props which do not appear to move, shake or get damaged in any way. Until you are shot and you can find your way to the humans until this whole thing starts over again.

It can be somewhat frustrating as a zombie to bash in nailed props, you don't have a single clue whether you are doing a good job, not a single piece of feedback whether you're actually making progress as a zombie.

Humans need a major buff anyway, so balance issues on this minor scale aren't really an issue.

Also, I don't feel like getting rid of all my binds, after all there should be no difference whatsoever between yours and my Z key. Maybe it's only for people who nailed the prop?

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#14 SoarGoat

SoarGoat

• 1,616 posts

Das Goat

Posted 04 June 2012 - 15:18

No it works for whoever Bob, you're just doing it wrong somehow like Cheese.

#15 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 04 June 2012 - 15:28

I can move through any props except for props people is holding.

76561198037959911.png

#16 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 04 June 2012 - 16:27

You can only go trough props that have been nailed -.-

- Loadingue 2014

#17 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 04 June 2012 - 17:04

I just tried out: The button used for passing through props has to be bound to "undo"
Unbinding z from undo made it stop working, and binding undo to another key made that key work for me. Conclusion: You need to bind a key to undo and hold that in order to pass through props.

Like this:

bind z undo

or just reset your keybindings to default...

And +1 to what woot said. (Unsure to props people aren't touching but those usually don't matter.)
If someone is still positioning a prop in a door, wait for him to nail it. By trying to pass through you will:
- Get blocked
- Mess up his positioning

LDT is LDT.

#18 SoarGoat

SoarGoat

• 1,616 posts

Das Goat

Posted 04 June 2012 - 17:40

You can only go through the nailed props. If there's an unailed one in a barricade it tends to get people stuck or do the magical insta-kill bullshit.

EDIT: 1337 post isn't that leet. Feelsbadmam.png

Edited by SoarGoat, 04 June 2012 - 21:31.

#19 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,557 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 21:23

I binded B to "+zoom" and that did work.

#20 SoarGoat

SoarGoat

• 1,616 posts

Das Goat

Posted 04 June 2012 - 21:29

Zombies seem to be glitching through planks alot. Twice me and Bob made plank fortresses, twice a zombie just walked straight through it :3

EDIT: Totally missed my 1337'th post :/ Totally sucked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users