Taking the biscuit

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Snebbers

Snebbers

• 320 posts

Regular User

Posted 17 May 2012 - 00:45

Guys. Talking specifically about Clarkey, but it's happened so many times with other people. You're just lagging the server out.

I come out of my house, I can see Clarkey's stuff. But then I see this when I take a look at all the new chests etc.

Spoiler

As you can quite plainly see, I have 7fps... 7.... From 75. THis doesn't show the scrap making machines either where even more stuff is happening.

What I suggest. Is that people at least have enough power to run their goddamn machines.

It's this crap that lags the server and makes it worse for every one else.
And the best part is. All that scrap stays in that loop through the night.

What I suggest.. Is that you don't take the piss. Get more fucking power in this case.

#2 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:33

A griefers dream would be to break that and see the server crumble :3

Seriosly, didnt Goat and Cy do something like this, that almost lagged out the server once?

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

#3 SoarGoat

SoarGoat

• 1,616 posts

Das Goat

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:31

Goat?

I didn't do shit.

Martins and cyrill's machines blew up due to the engine glitch and spilled crap everywher meaning anyone went within 9 chunks of it and the whole server lagged out.

Don't think I've ever caused meaty lag tbh.
[LDT]TwoMike: Yesh! Take that ManyPopes you hairy bastard!

[LDT]_Blackheart: My dick is a white supremecist P:

[LDT] kalle_E: Your yawns sound like Many Poops.

#4 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:43

My scrap machine runs efficiently enough to work through a constant feed of items (It shouldn't get over the max rate now that my quarry's finished), and feeds into a mass fabricator with a near 24/7 supply of power (Might drop out at the end of the night, but then it recharges at day again)
UU matter is then fed into a single double chest (More than enough for the rate of creation) and manually moved to a safe in my house (Which I'm gonna try and do daily) to be used when required

Having a backlog of scrap like that means you either 1) need more power per tick to the mass fabricator, 2) need to turn your mass fabricator on, or 3) need to slow your scrap generation with things such as intermediary chests or using/storing the materials

Items in a pipe are a lot less laggy than items on the ground, so that's just plain rediculous

If he doesn't fix it himself, see if frag or krona will allow you to drain that pipe into some chests or a mass fabricator somewhere :P

#5 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,534 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:22

Things in pipes don't lag.
Things on the ground do.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#6 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:25

Things in pipes don't lag as much as things on the ground do.

Fixed :P

Everything that uses any line of code causes at least some unnoticeable amount of latency, running that same thing for 1k items will be very noticeable indeed :P

I highly doubt all the items, the positions in the pipes, and the sprites to use are all stored in a static amount of memory in the block rather than individual memory-unintensive entities :P

#7 Snebbers

Snebbers

• 320 posts

Regular User

Posted 17 May 2012 - 13:06

Yeah I checked all the pipes, I didn't find anything on the ground. But seriously if I had broken that pipe. I would have probably lagged the server out instantly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users