• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 17 April 2012 - 19:51

True, but that would take a bit of time.

In the begging you really have 2 choices:
A. Risk it and go for the chests (Very good loot)
B. Run for your life

#42 Loadite

Loadite

• 383 posts

Marmite Lover

Posted 17 April 2012 - 20:56

You cannot break any blocks apart from leaves and mushrooms (food sources).

I think that with some mods we should be able to make the people who die creative mode and invisible so they can "sponsor" the people left alive but only when they really need it, however you have to make sure that people do not make someone op, or activate a "trap" like spawning 10 creepers behind them.

Rules of The Survival Games:

◦Only one player can win The Survival Games.
◦You can not break any blocks, expect for leaves and mushrooms.
◦You are only allowed to place blocks you find in chests.
◦Your inventory must be empty before you start the game.
◦No player is allowed to enter the host house.

Rules for the host of The Survival Games:

◦The host shall light the netherrack the first night.
◦The host is allowed to add any weapons or food he/she want at any time in the center chests, after the second day has passed.
◦The host is allowed to spawn zombies, creepers or skeletons after the second day has passed.
Should've said cubed. (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง

#43 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 17 April 2012 - 20:59

I've been thinking about that, on one hand I like it for dead people to have something to do, but on the other side I don't like them to interfere with the game.

#44 Coco puffs

Coco puffs

• 1,278 posts

Gets the JOJ done

Posted 17 April 2012 - 21:13

The only rule I would change/add is: allow you to make a creeper blow up and get materials from the explosion and use them.
Crafting a sword is the only good thing because you cant break blocks.

I've been thinking about that, on one hand I like it for dead people to have something to do, but on the other side I don't like them to interfere with the game.

We could make a Huge box for the players who died to spawn in and watch from there, or they could watch a livestream if we record it.

Because he's the American LDT deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

#45 Loadite

Loadite

• 383 posts

Marmite Lover

Posted 17 April 2012 - 21:29

It is a possibility to do both of those things but I do like the idea of being able to just give the person your routing for a piece of armour or a sword or some food, or spawn one or two skeletons around him, or direct his path with lava. However that does not mean that you spam the whole map with buckets of lava or trinitrotoluene.

#46 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 17 April 2012 - 21:33

It would be close to impossible to moderate, have you seen how huge the map is?

I generally do not want dead people to have an effect, when you're dead, you're dead.

What they should do then, is up for discussion, but the idea of them having any say in the actual game is absurd.
Also, if dead people were allowed to spawn stuff, someone would just give someone else full diamond armor.

#47 Martinmw

Martinmw

• 305 posts

"Hatakaru"

Posted 17 April 2012 - 22:23

I think that dead people should be allowed to sponsor alive players but only with things like an allocated amount of food or an iron sword/arrows but this should only be allowed on the second night and afterwards.

I also just wanted to throw in a suggestion of allowing block breaking but only for the crafting of torches.

#48 Loadite

Loadite

• 383 posts

Marmite Lover

Posted 17 April 2012 - 22:30

We will be having someone who is going to pull the lever and fill the chests I assume. We could make it so the dead "sponsors" ask him/her to give the player X item, and that person can judge on whether or not that item should be allowed to go into play. This could only be done when 1 or more people agree on giving the person that stuff. It could be 2 logs or 3 bowls.

However it would be fun in the finale to make it slightly crazy ;D

#49 Martinmw

Martinmw

• 305 posts

"Hatakaru"

Posted 17 April 2012 - 22:42

Well of course there is going to be a host silly loading.

As for the idea on the host giving the item that the sponsor wants the player to have I think that is all good but I disagree with other sponsors having to agree.

#50 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 17 April 2012 - 22:47

How about every person can spawn x apples and 1 sword. If I see anyone spawn anything else than that, kthxbai.

#51 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,265 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 17 April 2012 - 23:02

O.k I've seen enough of this now.

I'll look into setting this up for you guys in the next week or two.

EVERYTHING needs to be planned.

Does that sit cool with you cats?

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#52 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 17 April 2012 - 23:03

Nice frag, but its already taken care of.
Thom is configuring a server, zips it up and I'll take care of the hosting :P

LDT is LDT.

#53 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,265 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 17 April 2012 - 23:05

Fair enough I had a new serverbox at work and they wanted it tested.

No biggie then.

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#54 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 17 April 2012 - 23:07

It's very kind of you, but I have it covered frag :P

#55 Loadite

Loadite

• 383 posts

Marmite Lover

Posted 17 April 2012 - 23:34

:D

However I think only the host should be able to spawn.

#56 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 17 April 2012 - 23:39

Seriously, this whole thread gives me a
Boner

Really, its great.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#57 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:50

Ok, I just watched the first episode of SSOH playing The hunger Game with: Sly, CaptianSparckes etc and I got a idea: In my half-Annual exam, we had the hunger game as one of our main theme's and from a cut in the book it say's: "And fireball's fell from the sky" or something like that. So I think that the dead player's that is teleported to "The Box" will: Change to creative, use a server addon called invincebilety where you type /v and you turn invinceble for all non-creative player's, they will use flint and steel the 2th nigth to get player's moving if they are: camping in a tree, not moving one bit or whenever the Host fell a bit nougthy :3
Or just watch the first episode of SSOH/Captian Sparkled/Sly's serie's, you may get the idea that way.

I also think if: instead of creative, a fly command can be given to the killed player's and the alive player's can get a secundery task: Like having the dead player's full of usefull like sword's and stuff so they have to watch out so they don't get killed again. So if you kill a dead player, you get his "Reward" that he have in his/her inventory.

Change of rule's suggestion: Kill or be killed (Offisial rule).

Another thing is Teamspeak: we can't have both the dead and alive player's on the same channal so here is how it goes:
--The Hunger Game Gather--
Alive player's
Host/Dead player's
*Insert extra channal here if you want to*

76561198037959911.png

#58 Martinmw

Martinmw

• 305 posts

"Hatakaru"

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:13

just gonna say cat why would you need an addon to set invincibility when, a player is already invincible when in creative.

As for the setting trees on fire etc. I agree that this should be done but too an extent, like the example you gave about getting players to move and not sit around waiting for other players to find them. However I think that if this were to happen then the host should monitor and say when the fire starting should stop.

I also think that any interference from dead players i.e sponsors or tree burning should only be allowed once the second night has begun.

Also I agree about the channel thing except for why could a dead player not just chill in the alive player channel if they don't speak?

#59 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:16

Now INVISIBILITY would be good for the spectators.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#60 Loadite

Loadite

• 383 posts

Marmite Lover

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:39

-.- thats what I was saying. However I forgot to mention about the second night.

@Catkillerfive Homie? :D

As I can remember of the top of my head the participants were: Slyfoxhound, SSoHPKC, Ihascupquake, Sean Anners, Antvenom, Captain Sparklez, Paul Jr., Minecraft Chick, PaperbatVG and the Syndicate Project.

Edited by Loadite, 18 April 2012 - 10:49.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users