• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Trigg

Sir Trigg

• 995 posts

Beardcules

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:21

A Quick Note

I have posted this, incomplete guide to show I'm working on it, so I can get some feedback and to find out if people want me to continue.

Lets Get Started - Building a Generator

Stuff you will need to start off:

- Burnable Materials for fuel.
- Furnace x2 (One on the ground to use and a spare on hand for crafting machinery)
- Wooden Planks x5 (or x10, explained below)
- Rubber (Explained in the guide how to make it)
- Copper x3
- Redstone x2
- Tin x4
- Iron x8

The plan here is to make some wires for a battery so we can build a generator. First, using the crafting table, you need to make a 'Treetap' using 5 wooden planks. You can make a 2nd one if you want to get more rubber, since they aren't indestructible and break quite quickly.

Posted Image

This is so we can get some rubber. All you need to do is find some rubber trees (Dark wood in colour) and find an orange 'slit' on one of the sides and use the tap. This will cause sticky resin to fall for you to pick up, but you have to wait a long time to use that spot again. Each one you burn in a furnace gets you 1 rubber. You will need at least 6 for this next part but you need a lot more so I would advise getting as much as you can. There's a more efficient way of making rubber but I will get onto that later. Only convert your sticky resin into rubber when you need it.

With rubber on hand, you need to make some insulated copper wires. These are the most simple wires and the only ones used to build machinery and components. They are also used to link some machinery together. Put the rubber on the top and bottom and put copper in the middle, as shown here:

Posted Image

You only needed 1 wire for crafting at the moment but keep the other wires for when you have machines you need to connect up. Next, grab some redstone, tin, a single wire and arrange them in this way:

Posted Image

Well done! Batteries can be used to store a little power, I never really used them by themselves but they can be used to make decent mobile power supplies.

Grab 8 iron and throw them into a furnace! This will turn them into Refined Iron and you will need a lot of this as you stick with industrial craft. Arrange them in this way for a Machine block:

Posted Image

You will need to build machine blocks so you can build basic machines and other things. Nearly there now! Grab that battery, machine block and your spare furnace and do this:

Posted Image

That's your first, very simple machine done! Your generator is used to power other machines, but it's not too powerful though. You can power it by feeding it burnable materials, like you use in a furnace. Next, I will show you how to make some machines that actually something and they will be powered with the generator you just made! BUT DON'T PUT IT DOWN, NOT YET.

If you want to go one step further and build a Thermal Generator, which I highly recommend read and follow this. You can skip this bit now but you will need it later on and it will save you a lot of burnable materials/coal. You really want to be saving coal for grinding into coal dust, but more on that later.

Spoiler

Lets Talk Machines

From here there's a few simple machines we can build. These need to be directly connect to your generator or thermal generator to be powered up. In this next section I will teach you how to make an Extractor, Macerator and a Compressor. And again, if you want to pick up and move machines you have to use a wrench and I will show you how to make that after this section.
Remember before when I said there was an easier way to make rubber? Well, we can do this after we make an Extractor. This will take a single sticky resin and make 3 rubber, so it's x3 more efficient and we will need a lot of rubber.

Extractor

Things you will need:

- Treetap x4 (or x4+ if you wish to have extras for finding more sticky resin)
- Insulated Copper Wires x6
- Redstone x2
- Ref. Iron x1
- Machine Block x1 (or x8 more Ref. Iron to build one like you did to make a generator)

Not much explaining for me to do, since you now know most of these materials, however, you do not know about Electronic Circuit's and we will need one of those now. They are a commonly found material with Industrial Craft, just like Machine Blocks and a main reason we need to make lots of rubber. Try to remember how to make these as it will help save you time later on. Grab 6 insulated wires, 2 redstone and 1 ref. iron and make this:

Posted Image

Make your machine block:

Posted Image

Make 4 more Treetap, very easy stuff:

Posted Image

And rest is pretty easy, just grab your newly made circuit, machine block, and x4 treetap and arrange like so:

Posted Image

You can use the extractor to get more rubber or, at an advanced stage use it to change some of your full fuel cells. Let's get a move on shall we? Skynet can't enslave the human race without more machines.

Macerator

A Macerator is used to grind down ore or other materials into dust. This will be a common item you will need later on to make Bronze and Coal Dust for more advanced machinery. You can even throw some gravel in there to make some flint!

You will need:

- Flint x3
- Cobblestone x2
- Machine Block x1 (Ref. Iron x8)
- Electronic Circuit x1 (Redstone x2, Ref.Iron x1, InsuCopper Wires x6 (Rubber x6, Copper x3)

I hope you managed to get more rubber, because you will need it for more wires! Again, make another Electronic Circuit and Machine Block.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

For simple machines, you need basically the same things. Grab 3 flint, 2 cobblestone and your circuit and machine block and create this!

Posted Image

Easy stuff, right? Last but not least, let's build a compressor.

Compressor

A compressor will, obviously compress materials. It takes the materials made by the Macerator and turns them into materials you need for more advanced stuff.

You will need:

- Stone x6
- Machine Block x1 (Ref. Iron x8)
- Electronic Circuit x1 (Redstone x2, Ref.Iron x1, InsuCopper Wires x6 (Rubber x6, Copper x3)

Wow, more machine blocks and circuits? Who knew.

Again, make yourself some more of these!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Put 6 cobblestone in the furnace to make stone, grab those 6 and combine it with your circuit and machine block to make:

Posted Image

Edited by Sir Trigg, 24 March 2012 - 15:45.

#2 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:53

Very nice work Trigg, keep it up.

#3 Metadone

Metadone

• 3,173 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:22

Even if I won't probably use it, I really like your tutorial :

Clear - simple - illustrated

Leader of Metaleak Community - Communaute league of legends - Recrutement CSGO - Team CSS

#4 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 22 March 2012 - 14:12

Im gonna need this, Trigg. Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 22 March 2012 - 15:43

Now do it for Nuclear plants!

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

#6 kalle_E

kalle_E

• 944 posts

The swedish dude

Posted 22 March 2012 - 15:58

No.
kalle E: ITS AWSOME ITS AWSOME
Thom : NOH YUH
Thom : wait... no no NOOOOOOOO

$k: I can't hack I don't know his password.

#7 Sir Trigg

Sir Trigg

• 995 posts

Beardcules

Posted 22 March 2012 - 16:09

Thanks for the support guys, I will guide people up to a certain point but I don't exactly know when I'm going to stop yet! :P I will try to add more on a regular basis. Also, feel free to ask me additional information that I might have missed out and I will try to add it to my guides!

Added how to make a geothermal generator in [spoiler] tags as an extra step.
EDIT: Added how to make a Compressor, Macerator and Extractor

Now do it for Nuclear plants!

Sorry, it's a beginners guide. ;)

Plus, I haven't even made one of those myself! Maybe in the future when I finish this.

Edited by Sir Trigg, 22 March 2012 - 17:13.

#8 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 22 March 2012 - 17:55

You should've claimed a couple of posts right underneath the OP :P

Looks good ^^

#9 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:09

You should've claimed a couple of posts right underneath the OP :P

Indeed
You could have made smoe posts, deleted them, then asked for them to be restored as you need them :)

Anyway, make a nuke :o

#10 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 23 March 2012 - 15:23

How about a quick, easy and efficent way to make alot of MFE's full?

Oh wait One geothermal can do that :3

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

#11 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 23 March 2012 - 16:19

Hmmm I'm going to skip geothermal and prepare for a nuclear reactor.
Not sure what class I want...

Maybe I will even make another one for a breeder.

LDT is LDT.

#12 Hobanobaclypse

Hobanobaclypse

• 731 posts

Regular User

Posted 23 March 2012 - 17:15

Seriously Trigg, cheers for this! I had no idea what I was doing but at least now I've got a set up that can handle my needs. :P
"War. War never changes." - Fallout
"It's like a volcano in my mouth and everybody is DYING!" - Will from school
"Anti-tank mines give me a stiffy" - Hardcore Bob
[SIGPIC]http://ldt-clan.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=72&dateline=1310586766[/SIGPIC]

#13 Metadone

Metadone

• 3,173 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 23 March 2012 - 17:52

Nice update Trigg !

Leader of Metaleak Community - Communaute league of legends - Recrutement CSGO - Team CSS

#14 ILoveHobo

ILoveHobo

• 243 posts

User

Posted 07 April 2012 - 15:52

Cheers for that Trigg, it helped me a lot :D

EDIT: 100 posts!
ILoveHobo: My dad is garry so i could get you 'Garry's Mod Banned!'
[LDT]JJHK: GO AHEAD
ILoveHobo: DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
Garry: FUCK OFF SON
[LDT]JJHK: Lol..

#15 Snebbers

Snebbers

• 320 posts

Regular User

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:21

I'm going to need to read this in-depth if my application gets accepted. Also very pretty. PART 2?

#16 Coco puffs

Coco puffs

• 1,278 posts

Gets the JOJ done

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:44

I'm going to need to read this in-depth if my application gets accepted. Also very pretty. PART 2?

http://www.youtube.c...1F&feature=plcp

Because he's the American LDT deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

#17 Snebbers

Snebbers

• 320 posts

Regular User

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:55

Oh god I hate the voices from Yogscast. They drive me up the wall...

#18 Coco puffs

Coco puffs

• 1,278 posts

Gets the JOJ done

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:57

Oh god I hate the voices from Yogscast. They drive me up the wall...

I don't care. Still a in-depth look into Tekkit. It's pretty useful to me.

Because he's the American LDT deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

#19 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:47

I like the yogscast, but when it comes to thinking I always sit around for 15 sec. facepalming before the figure it out :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users