View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

Modding tutorial Number 1! (How to actually install a mod?)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SK_

SK_

• 723 posts

The other Irish guy!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 00:42

I know I may be doing the most STUPIDEST thing ever, but since people are having trouble out there, I'll see what I can do.

FIRSTLY : Modding the minecraft.jar file can cause save files to either become corrupt and/or irreversible to stock formation once you've played the mod, then potentially uninstall the mod. Always back up the whole .minecraft folder (Users/yourusernamehere/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft) (Also, if you want quick access to the AppData folder, in Windows 7, type %appdata%, and it will open the window at that directory.

SECONDLY : Moddin in general is NOT supported by Mojang, meaning you are on your own if you fuck up with the minecraft.jar folder. Don't come crying to me. (well you can)

Alright. Let's get going!

So I am assuming at this point that you have already downloaded the mod you would want to use in minecraft SSP/SMP, so we're doing the actual installation process now.

Step 1 : Open the mod folder, and you should get a bunch of gibberish (mainly .class files and named folders.) Keep that wondow open for now. You will need something like 7zip, WINRar, or any zip supporting program for this process.

Step 2 : Go to the following directory ;

C:/Users/yournamehere/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft

And open the .minecraft folder.

Step 3 : Goto the bin folder, an locate the minecraft.jar file. Right click, and click Open with... and pick your zip program.

Step 4 : Now for the easiest bit. Copy your mod files to the minecraft.jar window you have opened. It should copy a few seconds to copy the files over.
IMPORTANT : For the FUCKING LOVE OF GOD PLEASE DELETE THE META-INF FOLDER. It has caused whinging and other shit.

Step 5 : Close all windows etc. and launch minecraft. If it goes to the mainscreen (With the Play Singleplayer Tabs etc) then you've most likely did it correctly! If you get a black screen, you may need to try the process again.

Hope you enjoy getting mods on your minecraft worlds and creepers!

And DollaKays

#2 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,300 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 22 March 2012 - 00:57

RDM

Anyway, good tutorial.

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#3 SK_

SK_

• 723 posts

The other Irish guy!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 00:59

Oh god, did I leave my DNA behind your body Cowboy?

$K left the game (Disconnected by user)

:3

#4 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 22 March 2012 - 16:12

Keep that wondow open

I've not updated my signature in a while... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users