[GMR] Map suggestion thread

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,525 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 17:23

I've noticed GMR doesn't have a thread like this yet, since I'm pretty much the map guy I feel like I should make one.
Maybe the reason is that GMR isn't as big and open as TTT or Deathrun for instance, therefore there aren't a lot of maps.

This is taken directly from the Lua file with the maps that are in the vote.

("Black", "{RS} Malcom", "gmr_black_v2", "Make sure to install headlights...")
("Bowser's Castle","Testament-Doom", "gmr_bowserscastle_v2", "Watch out for the lava.")
("Circuit 69", "{RS} Malcom", "gmr_circuit69_v2", "A long track with many obstacles. Kinky? Defninately.")
("Cubic", "Author unknown", "gmr_cubic", "")
("Derby", "Scope", "gmr_derby_v2", "A nascar style race track.")
("Desert Circuit", "Primus8", "gmr_desertcircuit_v2", "A quick race through the desert at night.")
("Downhill", "Author uknown", "gmr_downhill_v6", "A chaotic track down insane slopes.")
("Drag", "BaraSpitFire", "gmr_drag_v1z", "A long straightaway to test your car's brute force.")
("Figure 8", "Xeno", "gmr_figure8_v3", "A track in the shape of an 8 with tunnels and hills.")

("Hunt's Circuit", "Primus8", "gmr_huntscircuit", "A hilly race around a sunken center.")
("Lighthouse", "Author unknown", "gmr_lighthouse_v1a", "Small racing map with interesting features")
("Oct", "Author unknown", "gmr_oct_v2", "Classic arena map with dangerous carmurderers in the middle.")
("Optio", "Mal", "gmr_optio_v1", "Twin parallel figure 8 tracks.")
("Panda Faggotry", "Primus8", "gmr_pandafaggot", "Cursed arena map. 6.66 MB exactly.")
("Robot Wars", "Author unknown", "gmr_robotwars_v2", "An arena with all sorts of hazards!")
("Sky Switchback", "Author unknown", "gmr_sky_switchback_b1","A track through the sky, you will fall off and die.")
("Speedway", "Author unknown", "gmr_speedway_v3", "A large nascar track with steep sloped curves.")
("Triple-Decker", "GMod4Ever", "gmr_tripledecker_v2", "A large, triple-deck race track.")
("Wacky World", "Author unknown", "gmr_wackyworld_beta1", "A race track with hovering tracks and many slopes.")
("Wario Stadium", "Testament-Doom", "gmr_wariostadium", "A long track with a fucked up jump, just like on the N64.")

("[LDT] Simplicity", "[LDT] my_hat_stinks [GFL]", "gmr_ldt_simplicity_b2", "A race track with a jump-shortcut and a closable door.")
("[LDT] Poopyloopy", "[LDT] Many Popes", "gmr_ldt_poopyloopy_v2", "A racetrack with a loopy")
("[LDT] Kycail", "Kayseth", "gmr_ldt_kycail_x5", "A waterfall based track with a bhop area.")
("[LDT] Kaysethcircuit","Kayseth", "gmr_ldt_kaysethcircuit_v1" ,"Large racetrack with various features.")
("[LDT] Astero" ,"Kayseth", "gmr_ldt_astero_v1" ,"Large racetrack with boosts.")
//("[LDT] Arcnoropha" ,"Kayseth", "gmr_ldt_arcnoropha_v1" ,"A drive through the mountains.")

("Big Donut" , "Pandaboy", "gmr_bigDonut", "Remake of the well-known mario kart 64 combat map.")
("Rainbow road" , "Shawn", "gmr_rainbow_roadv2", "Remake of the the SNES rainbow road map.")
("Block Fort" , "Pandaboy", "gmr_BlockFort_beta", "Remake of the well-known mario kart 64 combat map.")

I'm not going to polish this thread up like the TTT one, just use common sense when suggesting.
Always provide a link and preferably screenshots when suggesting a map.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#2 Metadone

Metadone

• 3,173 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 10 January 2012 - 20:08

I might have a stupid question :

A few years ago I played Race Mod on CSS, and I just found 2 maps on FPSbanana.
CSS GMR maps are working on gmod?

Leader of Metaleak Community - Communaute league of legends - Recrutement CSGO - Team CSS

#3 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 10 January 2012 - 20:11

Probably not, different gamemode = different entities.

#4 Eclipse

Eclipse

• 299 posts

Regular User

Posted 10 January 2012 - 20:13

No, that gamemode on CS:S is way different than GMR, they would not work out too well at all.

And thanks for making this topic Bob :3

Edited by Eclipse, 10 January 2012 - 20:31.

#5 th3r3dassass1n

th3r3dassass1n

• 720 posts

All-round gamer

Posted 10 January 2012 - 20:58

Not sure this is the right place but i have an idea for a map, but i cant make maps to save my life,
but here is goes i know quite alot of people want a trap that people can use, its not quite like that but the hole thing (map) is one big trap,
the name would be ball of death. and it will envole a massive ball that would roll down a hill and if people hit it they would insta die. there would traps in the way to make it harder for the drivers. There would be tp that would take you to a safe area(only 1 person allowed) so every else would die and that is how it would work :) i know this would be suited to the faster player but being can slow can help some times
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 Eclipse

Eclipse

• 299 posts

Regular User

Posted 10 January 2012 - 21:39

Not sure this is the right place but i have an idea for a map, but i cant make maps to save my life,
but here is goes i know quite alot of people want a trap that people can use, its not quite like that but the hole thing (map) is one big trap,
the name would be ball of death. and it will envole a massive ball that would roll down a hill and if people hit it they would insta die. there would traps in the way to make it harder for the drivers. There would be tp that would take you to a safe area(only 1 person allowed) so every else would die and that is how it would work :) i know this would be suited to the faster player but being can slow can help some times

Teleports don't work when you are in a buggy, and people would just end up spamming the button, so there would be no use to it.

#7 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,525 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 22:03

Hmm, not quite nicely put but the concept is nice.
A race map with arena elements, where you have to dodge boulders rolling down hills.
I like it.

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#8 th3r3dassass1n

th3r3dassass1n

• 720 posts

All-round gamer

Posted 10 January 2012 - 22:22

It does not need to be a tp, You could have a door that shuts after the first person goes over it there for everyone else would die, nor could there be a button, You could have it so it has a spawn delay, so i spawns about 10 seconds after the drivers spawn giving them enough time to make a gap from the "ball" would that work?
But like i said in the first post i would need someone to do it for me because i cant make maps to save my life.
P.S: i would not take the credit for maing the map the person who did would
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 Eclipse

Eclipse

• 299 posts

Regular User

Posted 10 January 2012 - 23:10

Well, that type of map would seem completely unfair to the newbies, and if it was going uphill, no one would honestly stand a chance due to horsepower not being good enough as it should be.

#10 th3r3dassass1n

th3r3dassass1n

• 720 posts

All-round gamer

Posted 10 January 2012 - 23:20

no it would be down hill that would be how the objects would come down, got this idea from a map i found on halo and i thought it would be nice to have on the sever.
will look for a link tomorrow. found it click here
not very good graphics but it does the job.

Just thought after 5 people go over the line the "door" can shut, (causing the people behind the door to die) then the people that got through have a fight or something.

Edited by th3r3dassass1n, 11 January 2012 - 08:14.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,525 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:10

Honestly, just a mountainous race map with boulders rolling off, that's perfect.

Btw, do teleporters work on GMR cars? Do you maintain momentum?

#12 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:10

There's flags on the teleporter, the mapper can make it teleport pretty much anything :P

As for maintaining momentum... Not sure, but it's likely

#13 Eclipse

Eclipse

• 299 posts

Regular User

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:17

Honestly, just a mountainous race map with boulders rolling off, that's perfect.

Teleports work for the player, but not the car. It will show the player as invisible and they will not be able to go through checkpoints due to them being teleported.

#14 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:31

Teleports work for the player, but not the car. It will show the player as invisible and they will not be able to go through checkpoints due to them being teleported.

Was the mapper using the "player in vehicle" flag?

#15 Eclipse

Eclipse

• 299 posts

Regular User

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:41

Was the mapper using the "player in vehicle" flag?

I don't know, but I don't believe cars can be teleported too.

#16 th3r3dassass1n

th3r3dassass1n

• 720 posts

All-round gamer

Posted 11 January 2012 - 17:03

Just thought after 5 people go over the line the "door" can shut, (causing the people behind the door to die) then the people that got through have a fight or something.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#17 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,525 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 14:53

//GM:AddMap("Big Donut" , "Pandaboy", "gmr_bigDonut", "Remake of the well-known mario kart 64 combat map.")
//GM:AddMap("Rainbow road" , "Shawn", "gmr_rainbow_roadv2", "Remake of the the SNES rainbow road map.")
//GM:AddMap("Block Fort" , "Pandaboy", "gmr_BlockFort_beta", "Remake of the well-known mario kart 64 combat map.")

All Pandaboy maps now taken out of the vote due to crashes.

#18 th3r3dassass1n

th3r3dassass1n

• 720 posts

All-round gamer

Posted 12 January 2012 - 15:10

Ok, but i am not sure about shawns map it has not crashed for me yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#19 Shawn

Shawn

• 93 posts

User

Posted 12 January 2012 - 20:38

My map doesn't really crash... it crashes just as much as every map....

#20 th3r3dassass1n

th3r3dassass1n

• 720 posts

All-round gamer

Posted 12 January 2012 - 20:51

And plus i love shawn's map coz it is easy to get records =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users