• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Attacus

Attacus

• 2,952 posts

aka Keith.

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:45

Discuss and add rules here please.

# Detectives cannot order innocents to kill each other.

Although Ds can make a valid KOS on another innocent or order the last remaining two innocents to fight each other, they should not be allowed to ask another innocent to shoot somebody that is refusing to follow D's orders.
Like if someone refuses to go to Tester or is destroying a Health Station, etc. the D has to be the one giving the punishment and should force another Innocent to attack other Innocents. This is to prevent RDMs on Ts that wont show up as such in console or also that a T can set up a trap and refuse to go inside somewhere when the D cannot reach the T but other innos could. It's just giving away D power onto another innocent.

# C4 may be attempted to be disarmed within 5 or less seconds remaining.

However, it still applies to the fact that if somebody gets caught falsely defusing a C4 before that time, it is considered RDM on everyone that died due to that C4. The reasons of adding this rule although it already says "Defusing C4 randomly is not allowed" are the following:
- There is somewhat a minigame with the wires that kinda implicate that defusing is an option even w/o the defuse kit. Obviously, the knowledge of a Ts dead body shouldnt be the only thing that enables this option. As I say: If it's in the game, it's there for a reason.
- This only applies to those defuses where one should say "It doesnt make MUCH of a difference if I try it with 2 seconds left and it blows up or it blows up anyways. I might have just saved someone and I was doomed anyways" ...
so yea, you could rephrase this and say "people that fail attempt a defuse with 5 secs left or less shouldnt be punished." Seen that happen before, thought it was a very unnecessary slay.

Add yours. I'll be thinking about more soon. Feel free to discuss.
How many ranked players did it take to deal with a simple RDM? 3-4 Trusteds and a Moderator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:51

Detectives shouldn't under any circumstances order someone to kill themselves

I just had some prick kill me becuase I refused a detective's order to get tested by passing through a trap when everyone knew a traitor was ready to activate it

-.-

#3 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:13

You shouldn't even think about attempting to disarm the C4 without it being far less than 5 seconds to begin with.

#4 Merry

Merry

• 805 posts

Not Mary

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:43

Yeah, I was on when that happened Hat, the D didn't really know what he was doing.

I don't think the C4 idea is very good, if you see a C4 with 5> seconds left, your should pretty much accept your fate unless you know the wire or have a defuser :/

#5 WR_

WR_

• 466 posts

Regular User

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:52

If c4 disarming fails, and the c4 explodes, the radius is smaller. I mean If you let it explode by its own, the radius is bigger.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[spoiler=The best reasons for a kill I've ever seen, prepare for amazing excuses.]
Ya_YoZhiG: i`m not killet you
max16120900: fuck this server i want that you are hacked
[/spoiler]

#6 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 01 January 2012 - 13:48

Yeah because in real life when you disarm a bomb the explosion is smaller. ;)

#7 ManyPopes

ManyPopes

• 1,528 posts

Thirtysix

Posted 01 January 2012 - 15:04

Tbh I don't think C4 disarming is much of a threat. I will usually disarm if I'm quite sure nobody is near...

Also, I don't like the idea of overcrowding the rule list, we can't account for every scenario with rules. If think common sense playing and common sense moderation is much better.

#8 EarthwormEd

EarthwormEd

• 2,645 posts

Wat is dat?

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:52

Ninja-defusing c4s is useful if you're sure that no-one is around, if you call it out, it gives the T a chance to come and kill you before you defuse, I know I do.
Posted Image

#9 Unforeseen Physics

Unforeseen Physics

• 2,086 posts

Our last German

Posted 02 January 2012 - 17:48

In 80% of the cases, ninja-defusing saves more lives than it endangers.
And when a C4 gets failishly defused, it would've blown up anyway and killed even more.
I never punish for C4 defusing, logs don't show it either.

INVALID GROUNDS TO SHOOT SOMEONE:
You obviously walked into his line of fire and got hit (this only applies to combat situations)!

Some people seem to believe that they can just randomly fire around (as in baiting), shooting walls or whatever they pick; when they accidentally hit another innocent though and that innocent takes them down for it, they are quick to apply this rule. Line of fire. I don't want to explain it every time I slay someone; this simple little addition could save us a lot of facepalms.

I'd also like this rule

If there is a player with a higher rank on the server, do not use any of your rank's powers.

replaced with

If a higher ranked player is on the server, he is in charge; respect his decisions. If you disagree with any of them, feel free to report him or discuss the issue on our website. Raging will get you nowhere.

Reasoning: I would allow any trusted player (even most regulars) to use their powers at their convenience. Most of the time, I'm glad there's someone around to help me out. This would in no way undermine the authority of higher ranked players though, as their word counts (as additionally pointed out in the last rule).
Also, this also applies to unranked persons, who, obviously, cause most problems by behaving like they own the place.

#10 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 02 January 2012 - 18:33

Unforeseen's post covers it all!
Read It

#11 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 02 January 2012 - 21:28

...logs don't show it either.

You do know in the C menu it shows that 'blah blah failed to defuse a C4' and then all the kills they got from the explosion?

#12 Attacus

Attacus

• 2,952 posts

aka Keith.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 22:21

What the higher rank situation involves: I usually ask in admin chat if I'm clear to slay/ban certain people. Usually when I've seen something mods didnt see or if they joined after the incident happened. 99,9% of times I'm clear to go.
Anyways I guess that rule should simply state that you shouldnt make decissions out of the blue and always use !a before doing anything. So yeah.

@Blackheart, yea, but that's still not console. It couldnt be checked after the round is over by anyone.
How many ranked players did it take to deal with a simple RDM? 3-4 Trusteds and a Moderator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#13 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:21

It couldnt be checked after the round is over by anyone.

Is that a mistake or should I say how wrong you are if it isn't? xD

#14 Unforeseen Physics

Unforeseen Physics

• 2,086 posts

Our last German

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:27

It doesn't always show in the c menu. And it never shows in the logs. So how are you gonna check it with a 100% certainty?

#15 Loadite

Loadite

• 383 posts

Marmite Lover

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:28

Keith Blackheart has pointed out it could be accessed by the end of round "C" menu already which is available to everyone as far as I'm aware.

@Unforseen It does show up. It says you failed at diffuse and then the kills the T got from it.
Should've said cubed. (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง

#16 Unforeseen Physics

Unforeseen Physics

• 2,086 posts

Our last German

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:36

Are you capable of reading?

not always

Meaning: Only a limited number of events show up. If there's too much to pick from, sometimes this will not show up, as there are other things. GET IT?

#17 Loadite

Loadite

• 383 posts

Marmite Lover

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:38

No I don't get it sorry :P
Always showed up for me unless this is a recent update in the makings of TTT.
Should've said cubed. (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง

#18 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:43

It doesn't show in the damage logs, which is the problem, since event logs are useless for moderation

Not too hard to add it to the logs, though

#19 Unforeseen Physics

Unforeseen Physics

• 2,086 posts

Our last German

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:45

Example:

Traitor A has killed 5 innocents.
Player B has suicided at the start of the round.
Player C has teamkilled two guys.
Traitor D has killed 7 innocents.
Traitor D has achieved 3 headshots with a deagle.
Innocent E has killed 2 traitors.
Traitor D has killed 2 guys with a Poltergeist.
Player F has rdmed a detective with a barrel.
Player G has failed to defuse a C4 and killed a teammate.

In the C menu, not all of these things will show up. How can you be 100% sure the C4 thing will?

#20 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:21

@ Loading What is the point in pointing that out then? That isn't an issue.

@ Hat Event logs aren't useless for moderation, they just can't be used by them self as a definite.

@ Unforeseen Sorry to say but you're very dim here. The event logs aren't the interesting stats you get when a round finishes; the event logs are these:
Posted Image
These will show EVERYTHING that happened that round but not in detail like the damage logs do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users