Steam won't let me connect...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrMcsqueezy

MrMcsqueezy

• 1,813 posts

The Chosen One

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:42

This is really bugging me. Downloaded Steam last night to a new computer, and it was working fine, just managed to download Garry's Mod and CS:S. I then turn my PC off to go to bed, as it was late. No problems at all until this morning. I tried to start up Steam, but I keep getting the error message "Could not connect to Steam Network. This could be an issue with Steam servers or your internet connection."

Now, I know the servers are up, and I also know that my connection is fine. I've google searched this problem, and the main thing that comes up is to delete clientregistry.blob, which I've done countless times. I've also redownloaded Steam, and that hasn't worked either.

So, I'm here asking for help, as I know you guys probably know what to do here.

EDIT: Fixed. Instead of deleting Clientregistry.blob, I deleted appupdatestats.blob and it's now working. Figure this'll be useful if anyone else has these problems.

Edited by MrMcsqueezy, 19 August 2011 - 12:28.

Or as a philosopher once said "define a human, you can't, because all humans are unique. this is facts. end of story"

I have erectile disfunction.. I trust you guys to keep that confidential.

Livestreaming Regularly Bitches! (Click!)

#2 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 19 August 2011 - 14:50

EDIT: Fixed. Instead of deleting Clientregistry.blob, I deleted appupdatestats.blob and it's now working. Figure this'll be useful if anyone else has these problems.

But you said you reinstalled steam... If you reinstall steam, all you need to do is delete everything except steamapps and steam.exe, then run steam again :P

#3 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,083 posts

Owner

Posted 19 August 2011 - 15:09

And if you delete everything, you also delete those files!

LDT is LDT.

#4 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 19 August 2011 - 15:29

And if you delete everything, you also delete those files!

That's my point, he didn't reinstall properly :P

#5 MrMcsqueezy

MrMcsqueezy

• 1,813 posts

The Chosen One

Posted 19 August 2011 - 17:07

Wait, I realise what I typed now >.> I went to download from steampowerd.com, and after the initial download, a pop up came up saying : Repair broken files / Uninstall.

I chose repair... I should've mentioned that... silly me.

Or as a philosopher once said "define a human, you can't, because all humans are unique. this is facts. end of story"

I have erectile disfunction.. I trust you guys to keep that confidential.

Livestreaming Regularly Bitches! (Click!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users