N/A

Posted 23 May 2011 - 17:23

That's your opinion, I like cars :)

#23 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 23 May 2011 - 18:05

I like cars. How many people can get in each car? Cus gangsters need gang cars.

I think 1-2k is enough for this map because on this map you do need a car tbh. It's annoying to run around it D:
Oui oui chevaux

#24 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 23 May 2011 - 21:47

Cars are a good idea, but when I bought Garry's Mod, I got on a RP server with cars. But those dicks kept driving over poor people, and the police were too busy to chase them... Otherwise cars were, I guess, pretty fun.
The most patient man in the world

#25 FireTech

FireTech

• 467 posts

Omniscient

Posted 23 May 2011 - 22:40

what about making a back pack where you can put guns and other stuff so you keep it and a npc car dealer were you can buy cars and you keep them and you can go to him and spawn them again :D

My profession, you can call me a pothead, 'nuff said

#26 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:02

Thats a GREAT idea Fire :P

#27 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:48

what about making a back pack where you can put guns and other stuff so you keep it and a npc car dealer were you can buy cars and you keep them and you can go to him and spawn them again :D

The downside of that is, we'd have to suddenly increase the price of every gun, and shipments would be useless as people would only buy one at a time, gun dealers would make tiny profits (if any) as people rarely buy guns, and chances are people will just go gun dealer to buy their own guns anyway, then change back

You need to think about all the effects of anything before considering it's implementation, and the effects of keeping your gun on the current system is a breakdown of the already bad economy

tl;dr: Can't be considered with the current system of gun purchase

#28 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:06

How about an 3 gun slot limit in the backpack
But the 3 gun slots take SHIPMENTS even if it wont work we could use it for the cars

#29 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:21

How about an 3 gun slot limit in the backpack
But the 3 gun slots take SHIPMENTS even if it wont work we could use it for the cars

Why would it need to take shipments? Having your 3 safe guns means you won't need to return to the gun dealer, your investment is safe, the gun dealer goes out of business

And as for using it for cars, how is that any better? The same thing applies, nobody will return to buy stuff, car dealer goes out of business
Car dealers won't have customers as often as gun dealers anyway, so taking customers from car dealers instead is actually worse

The problem isn't that it's guns, the problem is that the current system on the server doesn't support storing items. The full thing would need to be recreated if you didn't want the economy to fall apart, or if you wanted people to actually play their roles instead of switching for guns/cars

The fact is, it quite simply can't be done with darkrp

And before you come up with the idea of asking someone to recode the entire gamemode, remember it's you that wants it, so they won't be the ones to come up with ideas for making a new system
Although, if someone does create a new rp gamemode, I have some ideas for the banker, so he doesn't lose money by roleplaying properly ;)

#30 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:14

The fact is, it quite simply can't be done with darkrp

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#31 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 24 May 2011 - 14:25

Is it possible to slightly recode DarkRP to accomodate the flood weapon system? So once you own an item you could keep it.
I don't really like the idea though, I prefere the current system, but I was just wondering.

#32 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 24 May 2011 - 15:22

Inso, we could, but as hat pointed out, it just wouldn't work for darkRP.
Making guns permanent will remove the main element of the thing we try to call economy system.

LDT is LDT.

#33 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 24 May 2011 - 15:25

lol'd, the thing that we ... try ... to call the economy system. I don't really see much economy too it, but yeah this would ruin it for good.

That's why I'm not proud to be Dutch.

#34 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 24 May 2011 - 16:49

Well i know the way to get out of that situation but it would be too much copying GangwarsRP
This is why Dark RP Sucks

#35 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 24 May 2011 - 17:28

RP just broke. In my words at the time to woot, "Its just so...broke as fuck".
I made a single lua error. The gamemode fucks up, it usually does this, but I have a backup. For some reason my backup is gone >:/

So I've spent the last hour trying the SVN version, the 2.4.1 version and a few others, but they either a) Aren't compatible with evolve, or B) Are compatible with evolve, but can't use the addentities file (it doesnt exist), so I dunno how to add any weapons or entities to the older version.

Do anyof you know the version that Gio put on the server for Zombie RP ? Because that is the only one that was compatible with evolve and worked, and now my copy of it is gone -.-

#36 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 24 May 2011 - 17:32

Can't you just delete what ever error you made?

That's why I'm not proud to be Dutch.

#37 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 24 May 2011 - 18:13

Nopee. I made a simple job error. Just left out a tiny thing. Either that or it was when i changed the name to ldt rp.But it just broke. I went back to an older file, still on my desktop. No use.

#38 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 24 May 2011 - 18:13

D: Im sure you'll find a way jack.

Also, if we did get floodmod weapons then we'd get an rp version of seb who would play 24/7 until they had all the guns, then mass rdm every1 so they "control" the city.
Oui oui chevaux

#39 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 24 May 2011 - 18:30

I've been working on this for about an hour or two now.
I've got all the jobs recoded etc, and all the entities. I just need to lua genius that is Jim Van Kouwen, to help me remove one little conflict.

#40 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 24 May 2011 - 22:38

Noobonicplague.com RP (#1 gmod server in the world) has got an NPC that sells permanent guns for extremely high prices. I believe a permanent FAMAS would cost you 5 million RP dollars, quite a few hours of playing!

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users