The Official Rule Suggestion Thread

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 22:57

So, now that the RP server is maturing and we're getting bigger and better (and playing around with ZRP as well), the rules are getting to be a bit unspecific enough, and they don't quite cover every situation as we want them to: So, if you have any of the following, feel free to post here:

- A change to a current rule
- A new rule to be added
- A rule to be removed
- A law to be added/changed/removed

Post what you want to be changed/added/removed, as well as a description of the actual rule (including a situation where it might take effect, etc) so that we can fully understand exactly what the rule entails and word it correctly. If you want a rule changed or removed, please tell us why, and be specific as possible (Ex, it leads to mass rdm in certain situations, etc)

We want the server to be as awesome as possible, and to be quite frank, no one can think of every possible situation and rule; that's why some input from the people who play on the server is always great ^^

Thanks in advance for the input guys, and please, keep the suggestions/criticism POSITIVE. Don't flame someone because their idea might not work; explain why, and use logic and reasoning. We all want to have our ideas be heard and used, so do unto others as you want them to do to you.

#2 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 23:06

I apologize for the double post, but I want to keep the first post seperate from actual suggestions and the like:

So, some current suggestions I have for addendums to the current rules, that I'd like people's input on.

- Automatic printer coolers, should they be allowed or not?
Using wiremod/e2, you can create an automatic printer cooler that will cool your printers, even when not there. Should this be allowed for everyone, as a way to make money, should it be allowed only for certain jobs, such as banker, or should no one be able to use automatic printer coolers?
- You may have a propblock while building
This is a rule that I believe promotes a lot of fairness: As long as you have NOTHING STEALABLE INSIDE YOUR BASE (Meaning, you are STILL BUILDING) then you may place signs outside your base that says something (ex: BUILDING, KEEP OUT) and you may propblock the entrance so people do not interrupt your building. This leads to much less minging, as you might imagine: You don't have to deal with people running around your house and trying to rob you while you are building a shop/base, and it is easy to prove if someone is abusing this rule: all you have to do is look inside for printers/shipments, etc. If they have any of those, then they MAY NOT use the building rule any longer, and must have a keypadded base as normal.
-No building in the Police Station
This I think needs to be added: Just as you cannot build in/around someone else's house without their permission, I think we need to restate that people may NOT build inside the police station while they are raiding: I've seen a lot of people break into the police station (it happens in other places too, it just seems like in PDs it happens more often) then create a barricade of some sort to hold the police officers off while they raid and steal things. Regardless of whether it is keypadded or not, this should NOT be allowed.
- No keyspamming
If someone is in your house, and you know they are inside, you CANNOT spam your keys to make it so they can't get out, even with lockpicking. Earlier today, I killed someone while robbing them, and they came back within 30 seconds and spammed their keys on the door so I couldn't get out: This isn't the first time I've seen it on the server, and I think it should be added to the rules specifically.

#3 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:56

-No building in the Police Station
This I think needs to be added: Just as you cannot build in/around someone else's house without their permission, I think we need to restate that people may NOT build inside the police station while they are raiding: I've seen a lot of people break into the police station (it happens in other places too, it just seems like in PDs it happens more often) then create a barricade of some sort to hold the police officers off while they raid and steal things. Regardless of whether it is keypadded or not, this should NOT be allowed.

I agree with the rule, but the phrasing is bad

I think it should be two seperate rules:
"Do not build during raids"
"Do not build in public buildings, unless your job is related to that building (eg only police cheif or mayor can build in police station)"

Also, not sure if this is on the rules already, but it should be:
"Do not be a minge. Definition of 'minge' is at the discretion of the highest ranking authoritive player online at the time."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users