• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 08 May 2011 - 23:32

I've hear some people (eg. psycix) say that they don't like ZRP, but they hate it less than DarkRP, so what makes DRP so bad? Maybe we could make some changes to make it better?

That's why I'm not proud to be Dutch.

#2 Kazaki

Kazaki

• 248 posts

Coder

Posted 09 May 2011 - 00:13

I've stopped playing on ZRP.... gets very boring... =(.... I prefer Dark RP alot better and really hope it changes back. Checked out an awesome dark RP server with a ton of epic stuff like costum jobs (car dealer / Hacker 'Pc Mod', Hookers, ect.. ).

Atm ZRP is a complete mess. Its laggy, annoying and whenever I join I instantly leave cause everything sucks and got boring. DARKRP back + the New LDT-TOWN MAP + KEWEL COSTUM JOBs would be awesome, and add another extremly popular gamemode to the Community.

Really ZRP is too mingy and really doesn't bring Regulars / Donators.

Enough zombies gawd!
Past Projects: TTT Pack & Modifications, Evolve Modifications & Extras, Quake Sounds, Kaz's Epic MOTD, Pointshop Modifications & Extras, KazHtml Changeable MOTD, Deathrun, KQS Update.

Future Projects: ???

#3 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,265 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 09 May 2011 - 00:13

Yeah i have to admit im starting to get bored of ZRP now, at first it was great and was a good laugh but now theres a bunch of minge's who come on, i dont think i ever play with regular people and actually miss DarkRP, Me & Thom came up with an idea today but i want to talk about it with psycix first ^^

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#4 kalle_E

kalle_E

• 944 posts

The swedish dude

Posted 09 May 2011 - 00:54

In my opinion DRP is basicly gangwars there is no to little rp going on, exept the polices futile attempt at capturing the gangbase.

#5 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,265 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 09 May 2011 - 00:58

True kalle_E, so why not extend some jobs and classes? make it more RP based rather then Gang vs Gang with police and a few lower jobs? i for one suggest using this if DRP was to be re-established AWESOMENESS

This would give us more on offer therefore not everyone would want to be in a gang but a jet pack salesmen or a Hotel owner and so on.

All DarkRP needed was diversity and extension on it's current job's and shipments ^_^

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#6 kalle_E

kalle_E

• 944 posts

The swedish dude

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:12

There is one job that i particularly don't like : Cook

The food is pointless and you can just simply spawn it. I would be way more awesome if you wee to finish and implement the farmer job.

When that's done maybe you can make the drug dealers drugs cheaper for him to buy if he grows them himself.

EDIT: And i would rather have DRP than ZRP.

#7 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:14

I most definitely think some jobs like farmer could be useful, that way the cook would also have to interact with the farmer, make good deals and so on.

#8 kalle_E

kalle_E

• 944 posts

The swedish dude

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:14

Well cook is useless. What I want is the cook to be REPLACED by the farmer

#9 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:22

I think there should be a cook and a farmer, then there should be something like hunger and health, that way both medic and cook would be useful.

#10 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:29

I've been against zrp ever since the switch

The only reason it seems popular is because it starts with a z
People occasionally scroll to the bottom of the list to see what they find, which would bring you to anything starting with z
If you make a gamemode/map called zzzz then it will mostly likely be populated

This gamemode isn't fun, it's repetitive

1. Build a base
2. Buy a gun
3. Kill zombies
4. Die and return to step 2

Even the money is useless, because all you use it for is to buy a gun to kill more zombie to get more money
If I give 5k to everyone who joined, I wouldn't be losing anything significant, because the money is ueless anyway

Building a base is a waste of time, it costs both time and money and gives very little benefit (You sit in your base and start shooting out, you're no longer at any risk and just ruined the miniscule enjoyment in the gamemode)

Then there was the introduction of C4, which unwelded and unfroze all your props, so even if you did decide to waste time and money on a base that ruins the gamemode, you were gauranteed to lose it instantly when some minge starts c4 spamming

It's useless to try and rp, becauase everyone is either
1. Shooting zombies
2. Selling weapons to shoot zombies
3. Healing people so they can get back to shooting zombies
4. Hiding from the zombies in a base, waiting for some minge to destroy their props
5. Buying c4 or otherwise minging

#11 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:32

Well let's say we go back to DRP, what should we add to make it better than it already is?

#12 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,534 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:45

I haven't read the entirety of the thread, but I'll just answer the question.
I don't like DRP, because it's not the RP I would like to be playing, it almost always comes down to a very bad form of cops vs robbers, ADDING stuff to DarkRP will help, but won't make me love it.
If I'm going to love an RP it's going to be an LDT one.

Now for a little more offtopic:
I used to love a DRP, but to be fair, the only reason I did is because I liked to bend the rules which fail-admins made in such a way, that I'm actually way overpowered.
We used to do shit like trader monopoly: Gio and I took the trading class which were the only ones who sold Printer Coolers, since printers were everyone's source of income, we sold the coolers for 5 grand.
There was a class limit of 2 on the traders. They be hatin'.
I guess for the same reason I don't like flood as much.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#13 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:47

Nobody's debating wether drp is bad, the problem here is that zrp is worse

#14 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:51

Exactly, what my point is, I want to know what makes drp so bad. That way we can chage it so drp becomes better, for example remove the gang job?

#15 TheMelonMan

TheMelonMan

• 2,619 posts

ayyyy

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:56

Just change it.

Yeah because I wasn't the was I?!?

raf simons rick owens usually what i'm dressed in
copping wavey garms on the daily

"why would you get mad at a game?" - Marmite

#16 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:17

Hmm I will think about getting you all your precious DRP back.
The main issue holding me back is DRP causing way more arguments between players. It's much harder to moderate.

LDT is LDT.

#17 b00m666

b00m666

• 255 posts

The Mingeslayer

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:21

I love DarkRp specialy when they edit to to give more jobs etc.

There should be a spot in dark rp where u can shoot zombies or other npc's.

<I SOMEHOW THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE TWO HUGE GIFS IN MY SIGNATURE>
Max Signature image height is 150px, you exceeded that by a longshot.
Animated gifs also aren't allowed in Signature and Avatar.

http://i1207.photobu...13/e86316c3.gif

http://i1207.photobu...14/7f07e5f3.gif
http://25.media.tumb...ayl13o1_500.gif

#18 Kazaki

Kazaki

• 248 posts

Coder

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:30

Hmm I will think about getting you all your precious DRP back.
The main issue holding me back is DRP causing way more arguments between players. It's much harder to moderate.

the reason there aren't so many arguments in ZRP is because most community memebers don't play it lol...

And I mean Come on... When the new LDT-TOWN (or wtv) is done... it's gotta be Dark RP
Past Projects: TTT Pack & Modifications, Evolve Modifications & Extras, Quake Sounds, Kaz's Epic MOTD, Pointshop Modifications & Extras, KazHtml Changeable MOTD, Deathrun, KQS Update.

Future Projects: ???

#19 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:30

Just change it.

Change what? You can't just say: "change it". We need to know what to change, else we'll make it way worse than it already is.

And psycix, what causes these arguments? Maybe that can be changed.
By the way, since I got moderator on the RP server (Because I'm practically the only LDT regular playing there) I've had tons of arguments with people, the difference is just that these are random people, therefore you don't get any forum threads about it.

EDIT: Ninja'd on my argument by kazaki, besides he's right on the map. When (if) it get's done, we kinda need to go back to non-zombie rp.

#20 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:53

what causes these arguments?

-Boredom
-PvP

LDT is LDT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users