View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

Zombies?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Zombies? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Zombies?

1. Yeah! (16 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Noh! (12 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Alexx

Alexx

• 973 posts

That Guy

• Steam:Alexx
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 03 May 2011 - 18:00

I would probably play zombies more if there was a better map on the server, but until one comes about im afraid i would prefer drp, Or maybe another type of rp
[20:45] <LDT|Gio> !request my chemical romance teenagers
[20:45] <LDT|SourGoat> Gio, alexx is suppsoed to request the emo stuff

#22 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 03 May 2011 - 19:47

Zombies all the way. The reason you get fights in DRP is because it's taken so seriously people are bound to fall out once in a while. With the distraction of killing zombies, nobody takes it so seriously and everyone seems to get along much better. DRP bored me after a while. This would last for longer :)
Oui oui chevaux

#23 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 22:14

You only take a job to allow you to kill zombies in a specific way. That was my opinion.

On the contrary; i saw marmite play today for maybe 3 hours, and he never left his gunshop once; I dont think he killed a single zombie the entire time he was there, he just focused on his job. Similarly, I didn't spend time killing zombies, I spent time robbing people of everything they prized and keeping them from reaching their hopes and dreams :D

But really, you're putting too much emphasis on the zombie portion. It's zombie ROLE PLAY, not ZOMBIE KILLING SPREE SERVER. People still roleplay, and they do it fairly well, zombies are just an added bonus.

In the future, Id like to see some of the suggestions that were written before in there :D

#24 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 04 May 2011 - 00:45

On the contrary; i saw marmite play today for maybe 3 hours, and he never left his gunshop once; I dont think he killed a single zombie the entire time he was there, he just focused on his job. Similarly, I didn't spend time killing zombies, I spent time robbing people of everything they prized and keeping them from reaching their hopes and dreams :D

But really, you're putting too much emphasis on the zombie portion. It's zombie ROLE PLAY, not ZOMBIE KILLING SPREE SERVER. People still roleplay, and they do it fairly well, zombies are just an added bonus.

In the future, Id like to see some of the suggestions that were written before in there :D

Then you means the zombies are totally useless. Am I right? As I said, they're really annoying etc etc. They're really not challenging.
The most patient man in the world

#25 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,274 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 04 May 2011 - 00:46

I personally love the Zombie RP server, every time i've been on there i've RP'ed even with the mass zombie spawn rate, for example i came on as a medic and worked with kazaki & the CP making sure we could set up base and that everyone was to full health during our battle to "take back the city" it was awesome and i never got that experiance on DarkRP, to be honest the map sucks so yeah we do need a better map but the gamemode is fine and like Arex said the content we could produce for it is limitless and will hopefully drive some future regulars into the community.

One point though, zombies do need to be set up right, like the ratio of fast to slow zombies needs to be addressed and such, i got a map that works well on my server il grab the name of it later.

#EDIT#
the maps called zs_thecity, had some good response from the map and has a nice spawn ratio of slow and fast zombies.

Edited by FRAG, 04 May 2011 - 00:48.
i gotz the map name ZOMG

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#26 Kazaki

Kazaki

• 248 posts

Coder

Posted 04 May 2011 - 00:50

After playing a while of ZRP, I realized that the server should be changed back to normal DRP, because

ZRP:
- Very Laggy when the server has over 10 players.
- Very frustrating if your trying to build house, while Lagging and while beeing attacked by tons of laggy zombies.
- Its fun sometimes but it becomes repetitive and booring.
- PPL focus less on the RP part of the gamemode.

DRP:
- Works perfectly in the server, almost no Lag.
- PPL focus more on the RP part of the gamemode.
- Easier to implement new ideas/jobs.
- rp_downtown_v2 (or whatever the name) has a bug and its the actual map that causes the "entites nocolliding with world" bug.
- Admins can still trigger an accopalypse that spawns zombies ( non-reptitive ZRP )

Also,

Yes, ZRP is more popular, but think about it, we just grabbed a few regulars and thats all that is needed to make a server get popular. Change back to DRP and these regulars will shurelly continue to play and when the rp_ldttown (or wtv) is done it will more epic :D

But, for ppl who dont play it much. When the Server gets over 14 players it becomes so laggy (cause of the NPCs) that its nearly unplayable.

Edited by Kazaki, 04 May 2011 - 01:35.

Past Projects: TTT Pack & Modifications, Evolve Modifications & Extras, Quake Sounds, Kaz's Epic MOTD, Pointshop Modifications & Extras, KazHtml Changeable MOTD, Deathrun, KQS Update.

Future Projects: ???

#27 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:37

Agree with kaz.
Also, the reason for zrp lag is because a zspawn spawns zombies every 3 or 4 seconds, there is no npc cap, this means if no one kills a zombie, in half an hour you could have over 100 npcs roaming the map, and im sure the server isn't up for that amount of stress and lag D:
Frag, ill look at that map in the morning, if its good, ill use it.

#28 Marmite

Marmite

• 2,272 posts

MADmin

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:11

I've made more money actually RP'ing on the zombie server than I ever did on Dark RP server! I've seen more raids happen on the Zombie server too and people are actually RPing, there was never enough people on the Dark RP server to actually get proper RP going or most were just building stuff, building stuff on the ZRP server isnt hard u just have to help each other and I first built by using building windows and doing it from there. Also patience and persistance is a huge part of ZRP which it seems a lot of you guys don't have, like for instance one earthquake breaks some of Thom's welds today and he basically ragequits cos of it or almost does until I say just rebuild, I cant remember which.
People just want stuff handed to them on a silver platter instead of making it challenging.

But, for ppl who dont play it much. When the Server gets over 14 players it becomes so laggy (cause of the NPCs) that its nearly unplayable.

In a way the lag is pretty good because it encourages people to Team up and make missions to kill the zombies, because the less zombies there are the less lag there is. Also Fast zombies don't spawn unless you are near their spawn, so just stay away from their spawn and all will be fine unless u want them ofcourse!
I think a cause of the lag as well is that I think it shares it's server bandwidth with the TTT server which we all know lags anyway, so when the TTT server fills up and the ZRP server fills up we get epic DDOS style lags on both servers! (obviously need admins to confirm my assumptions)

Edited by Marmite, 04 May 2011 - 03:35.

Nyan1.png

76561197982691682.png

#29 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,274 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:13

On the whole lag issue, what your saying marmite i also believe to be correct, i was on the TTT server the other day and we thought we were having a DDOS attack as our pings went through the roof some hit near 1000, at the same time about 17 people was on the ZRP server and we had about 20 people on the TTT server, i seriously love the ZRP server because every minute im on there we are DOING stuff unlike DRP were someone would get bored and start a war just to get something going, the rest of the time we were all sitting about waiting for it to get busy :/

76561197980033738.png

#30 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:00

... one earthquake breaks some of Thom's welds today and he basically ragequits cos of it or almost does until I say just rebuild, I cant remember which. People just want stuff handed to them on a silver platter instead of making it challenging.

I'm not saying it can't be challenging, but when you are already busy selling an building a shop at once, the last thing I need is to rebuild the shop while I'm actually building it.

That's why I'm not proud to be Dutch.

#31 Marmite

Marmite

• 2,272 posts

MADmin

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:35

I'm not refering to what you previously said Thom, I'm just using u as an example for someone who wasnt patient or persistent at that time :)

Nyan1.png

76561197982691682.png

#32 Kazaki

Kazaki

• 248 posts

Coder

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:37

In a way the lag is pretty good ...

no sry, lag is NEVER good...
Past Projects: TTT Pack & Modifications, Evolve Modifications & Extras, Quake Sounds, Kaz's Epic MOTD, Pointshop Modifications & Extras, KazHtml Changeable MOTD, Deathrun, KQS Update.

Future Projects: ???

#33 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:37

Frag, I liked that map, its on a trial run on the server,it is also compressed to bzip2. So, everyone go on and ive us your thoughts now then? :P
Also, because of the road system, car dealer may be added.

#34 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:43

For the record, there is an NPC cap; its just pretty high

#35 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,554 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:47

@ Marmite
Not really, server 1 & 3 are shared, and 2 & 4 are shared.
So that means that if a new round just started on Floodmod, it could mean a slight ping increase on ZRP.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#36 Marmite

Marmite

• 2,272 posts

MADmin

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:30

ah ok thanks for letting me know :)

Nyan1.png

76561197982691682.png

#37 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,274 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:24

Awesome Insomniac, il have a look at the server when I get back home, wish it was slightly possible to play GMOD on my iPhone, would make travelling much better xD

76561197980033738.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users