View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

Zombies?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Zombies? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Zombies?

1. Yeah! (16 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Noh! (12 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:53

This thread is to see who actually likes the constant zombie spam making everyone camp in their houses or roofs, and who just puts up with it because it's the only rp server LDT has

Vote!

Edited by my_hat_stinks, 03 May 2011 - 10:28.

#2 MrBacon

MrBacon

• 53 posts

Melon is not a fag

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:27

Me no likey zombies.

#3 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:59

The poll closes in 2 weeks, by that time everyone should have voted anyway ;)

#4 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:04

Indeed, I do prefer normal RP. I also know how to code it properly now xD

#5 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:17

I think zombies are OK, but we just need a better map.

LDT is LDT.

#6 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:26

I think zombies are OK, but we just need a better map.

I agree the map is rubbish, but that's why you'd dislike the map, not why you'd dislike the zombies

In my opinion, for the map to be good the zombie spawns would need to be far away from any players (Making them useless anyway), or non-existant
If the spawns are near players, players camp in a house or the spawn, and the police chief often charges civilians for protection

Therefore, although the map is bad anyway, the zombies make any map worse

#7 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:29

ZRP is more popular, and as I don't play on it myself, I'd say Go zombehs!
Lots of people will have that in their favs when it turns to an other gamemode. :)

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#8 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:48

I'm acually currently remaking this map O_o

#9 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:48

I liked DRP 100 times better. Yeah I just put up with zombies because LDT has no other rp.

That's why I'm not proud to be Dutch.

#10 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:05

Psycix said he likes the zrp though :/ Because it always has a high player count

#11 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:08

Because it always has a high player count

Because it's gimicky

Gimicks get more players and less regulars

#12 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:17

It seems to be more popular...

And personally, having zombies to shoot at causes less boredom and less PvP battles, which both results in less raging players and a server to be moderated easier.
DRP has caused a lot of issues between regular LDT players, and even though ZRP also caused some, it is less than DRP.
In DRP there is a flawed PvP system, and it is easy to break rules.
There is seldom a fair fight in DRP which results in "gg, you won". There is always revenge, rage or rulebreaking that comes after it.

LDT is LDT.

#13 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:29

It seems to be more popular...

And personally, having zombies to shoot at causes less boredom and less PvP battles, which both results in less raging players and a server to be moderated easier.
DRP has caused a lot of issues between regular LDT players, and even though ZRP also caused some, it is less than DRP.
In DRP there is a flawed PvP system, and it is easy to break rules.
There is seldom a fair fight in DRP which results in "gg, you won". There is always revenge, rage or rulebreaking that comes after it.

Nobody has said to switch to dark rp, and I'm sure there's other rp gamemodes that don't have zombies :P

#14 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:35

I've seen plenty of regulars on the ZRP. :P Also putting zombies into the mix gives a story that you can actually roleplay to?

#15 Gio!?

Gio!?

• 3,428 posts

Forum Regular

• Steam:GioNL
  • LocationBleiswijk, South-Holland

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:47

Well, If someone of you guys want to donate a server to become Dark RP, I don't mind.

The only reason why I made it zombie RP is because of the playeramount. The best DarkRP's don't have a good amount of players because they just aren't populair enough for other regulars to join. In my experience with BSU (my former clan) I know that those RP's won't survive without admins moderating it EVERY second of the day. (It's kinda the same with TTT, no moderators, no players). That's why I chose it to be ZombieRP which requires less moderation and attracts more players.

And if others refuse to rp but only want to camp and shoot zombies.... Why would you care? Just go and RP with the people who CAN take it serious.
Do people still remember the house I made? That was fun, wasn't it?

CAMPZONE______STEAMSKYPE______USER POLICY

#16 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 13:54

Personally, I enjoy both of them equally; I think that both DERP and ZERP have their pros and cons, both have their seperate economy systems, etc. However, I feel like the ZERP server would be a better choice for LDT in the future; it's more popular, it's more customizable, and I think that with this mod, we can finally get another server in the top servers of Gmod. Custom content for this server is near limitless, since there's primary objectives and new "secondary" objectives; ex, killing zombies, that distract people from the old money-farming routine of DERP.

tldr; +1 for zombie madness

#17 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 03 May 2011 - 15:55

I vote for zombies
I like em because It DOES reduce PVP by about..... 99% :D
And the only time we need an admin/mod is when an noob goes propblock/surf/kill/etc

#18 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 03 May 2011 - 16:07

... noob goes propblock/surf/kill/etc

Today I have kicked 3 people because of this, and I was on the server 60 - 90 min. :P

That's why I'm not proud to be Dutch.

#19 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 03 May 2011 - 16:24

But kicking randoms for propblocking is a little less stress on me than having to pull regular LDT players away from eachother because they cant play fair PvP and have to flame eachother.

LDT is LDT.

#20 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 03 May 2011 - 16:46

Nah, I definetely preffered DRP. The zombies create lag, "They just come at ya and come at ya and never goddamn stop" like Bill used to say, players only do 2 things: build a safehouse (if they haven't got one already), which is very annoying because of the zombies (normal zombies are useless, fast zombies are the most annoying), or they kill zombies to get money to buy ammo to kill more zombies. It's not even a RP anymore, it's just killing zombies all the time. You only take a job to allow you to kill zombies in a specific way. That was my opinion.
The most patient man in the world

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users