ZRP Server Balancing To-Do List

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 16:21

Oh yeah sidenote, don't go taking initiatives into your own hands, because using your map is one thing, using your homemade gamemode is another thing and is probably not going to work / happen.
Be patient, you will get a good RP, or at least a very good substitute.

Edited by Hardcore Bob, 28 April 2011 - 16:37.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#22 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 28 April 2011 - 16:38

Im editing the ZRP atm.
I need new names for both mafias. Possible new name for guards and CP.
Possibly change nickname of hobo to infected? Add description as som story about being infected by the virus when the zombies came or something.

I want an estimate on new prop price..
And I want an estimate on how much I should add to every weapon. Such as add $500 to every weapons cost, since they can make you alot of money.

So, some one reply to this please.

#23 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 28 April 2011 - 16:39

...Be patient, you will get a good RP, or at least a very good substitute.

I'm sorry but, no just no.
The entire zombie part makes it sux.

Rp with zombies = fail. The moment the though is made this is true.

That's why I'm not proud to be Dutch.

#24 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 16:44

I think you misunderstood, I only advised against people making their own gamemode to put on our servers.
I already gave my opinions about ZRP, I think it sucks just as much as DRP, but it's different, so why not?

Do I have to make another poll about this? ZRP vs DRP?

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#25 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 28 April 2011 - 16:53

I did ask about it. Its 50/50. Is just the current gamemode. And especially this map. Its the laziest map work ive ever seen. They didn't bother to block off the ends, and the bits they did block off was with props that dont really fit. There is also the bugged weapons box, little ownable houses. And one wall is actually 2D. If you look at it from one direction, you can't see it either.

#26 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 28 April 2011 - 23:03

/UPDATE
Hobo is now Infected - new description
Medic is Medic - new description
Civillian is Survivor - new description

Prop price = $30 for now
ALL gun shipments + $100 for now. This is because that gun in a very short time can earn alot of money.
There is a hire sniper for the Police Chief to spawn, thanks to Kazaki for this.
More jobs + descriptions and ents to be added possibly, + new names for jobs.
Gamemode is now called "ZombieRP". I'm going to begin customising it more, would like some helpers.

Please reply with suggestions.

#27 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:03

I think gun prices are pretty good, maybe ammo cost needs to be lowered to account for a higher gun price?

Id be more than willing to help customization :]

#28 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:22

Make a list of all prices you would like changed, and what you recommend putting the prices as.
Also make a list of jobs you's would like.

#29 Marmite

Marmite

• 2,272 posts

MADmin

Posted 29 April 2011 - 14:41

I think ammo pricing is fine, due to you wanting people to actually RP not just buy loads of ammo and kill lots of zombies! There are even unlimited SMG ammo boxes around the map!

Nyan1.png

76561197982691682.png

#30 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 29 April 2011 - 15:55

True, that is the money balancing I talked about earlier; leave the ammo prices as they are atm. We can consider raising em later if it becomes imba.

As for jobs; maybe change the mafia to something like "Raiders", the Mayor to the Sheriff (and give him a gun), trader should be a Travelling Salesman, etc. Just make the names more suited to this mod.

As for new characters, things such as Guns for Hire, and something I really want to see implemented based on this new sniper idea; a Security Engineer. Maybe make a class that can place/sell turrets that last for a certain amount of time and stuff.

#31 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 29 April 2011 - 16:03

Here's some job ideas, see if you like them.

- Priest/bishop: (model: Father Grigori) a religious guy who has some sorts of magical powers like: he can kill a zombie with a prayer (slow but powerful weapon), and once a week, he's able to make all zombies disappear for a short time (for emergency situations), etc.
- Scientist/researcher: (model: Magnusson?) a man who is able to make products that can be used by players against the zombies, like: something that keeps the zombies away from a player for a short time, or that is able to turn some zombies into friendly zombies that will fight other zombies.
The most patient man in the world

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users