ZRP Server Balancing To-Do List

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:32

So, this is a basic list of things that I think need to be balanced before the zombieRP can be considered "done" and such.

TO DO
- Zombie bounty balancing
[Sorta done? :/] - If possible, it would be nice to have each NPC give a different amount based on difficulty; ex, regular zombie gives 10, headcrab gives 5, etc etc.
- Weapon Damage - Certain weapons, especially the sniper rifle, need to have their damage buffed. The sniper might be okay for regular RP, but with its huge price tag, it needs a HUGE boost in firepower for ZRP. As for other weapons, some of them are well powered, and some of them are underpowered. Going through some firerates and damages would do some good.
- Prop Damage System - I think something similar to floodmod would be extremely cool in the ZRP, and would give it a completely different system from what any other ZRP server has; barricades and everything become totally different if this gets implemented. Basically, have props be destroyable by zombies and the like, based on their health.
- Zombie Damage - I think zombie damage -might- need a slight increase. As it is, I believe each hit does about 4 damage, which can do some damage over time if you're just sitting out there on the street, but overall, it doesn't do a lot :(
- Zombies & Doors - Maybe create a system, similar to the prop damage system, where if a zombie attacks a door and deals a certain amount of damage to it, they can unlock that door; that way, no base is "safe" from a zombie invasion; zombies can always "lockpick" the doors and break in.
- Human Damage Reduction - Everyone at some point has shot another person by accident; I think a good solution to this would be either an "armor" component that could be bought/worn/used, or a damage reduction on all weapons when used on a player rather than an NPC, to help curb accidental kills ^^

Done:
- Weapon Prices - Obviously, the shipments as they are, are quite excellent; the money prices themselves however, might want to be balanced for the actual gamemode. Take into account that you get money for killing things, and how much each weapon should cost in order to balance out with how many kills the average person would get, etc etc.
- Prop Cost - Prop cost right now is $10 - I think that maybe it should be upped a bit, depending on how much the zombie bounties are. This also depends on the next part..
- Job Names - This is a minor one, but the job names and some of the job weapons etc should be changed to fit the apocalyptic world that we now live in ^^

This is all I can think of off the top of my head; ill edit/post more if I think of more. Feel free to post some yourselves as well :]

Edited by Arex, 03 May 2011 - 22:14.

#2 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:43

I agree, even though I don't really play it.

I'll see if I can help out coding some of this stuff.
I wonder though, does this mean:
"psycix code all this shit"
or
"someone code all this shit"

LDT is LDT.

#3 Cyrill Jones

Cyrill Jones

• 2,163 posts

JAH!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:57

Who is the local Lua god might I ask? ^^

Inaat : urban ddpat

Inaat : u serios

#4 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:40

Yeah who's actually in charge of ZRP? Is it gio?
Oui oui chevaux

#5 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 26 April 2011 - 13:24

I think Psycix has got his hands full on Floodmod and Gmod Racer, better get Kazaki, Deadly or Gio on this one.
I'm not going to bother with ZRP.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#6 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 26 April 2011 - 13:34

Well, a lot of this stuff doesn't even need coding; heck, even I could handle the coding for some of this stuff. Some of it is fragments that could be imported (somehow, I assume) from floodmod, and then some of it obviously would actually have to be coded. Wasn't saying to any single person that they should code it, just saying what I think should be done over the next few weeks to make the server pr0-b055.

#7 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 26 April 2011 - 13:39

If I really loved ZRP, I would spend 10 hours a day for a week on it.

Unfortunately, I don't love ZRP.
I will see if I can be arsed to code some of these things.

LDT is LDT.

#8 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 26 April 2011 - 13:55

But I do D:

Thank you though :)

Editted the main post just now; thought of one more thing ^^

Edited by Arex, 26 April 2011 - 21:34.

#9 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:31

But I want dark rp back... It wasn't good, but IMHO this is just shit.

That's why I'm not proud to be Dutch.

#10 MrBacon

MrBacon

• 53 posts

Melon is not a fag

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:38

But I want dark rp back... It wasn't good, but IMHO this is just shit.

Yus. ZRP is not as fun as darkrp was.

#11 Ofarlig

Ofarlig

• 1,010 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:38

ZRP is so much better then Dark RP :P

#12 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:56

I admit, some changes need to be made before ZRP is really as good as the DRP..
I could start with some of the things on the list...?

#13 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:59

ZRP is so much better then Dark RP :P

I disagree

Since we changed to the zombie map, it's been rare to find anyone in a job other than Citizen, Police, Gun Dealer, or Medic
And even then, citizen is only there because it's the default

With the Gun Dealer and Medic limits now also set to 1, the Citizens are too often sitting in spawn doing nothing, becasue if they leave they'll lose too much hp, and have to go searching for the single medic and hope they'll get healed
Either that or they go back in the spawn and wait for the health charger to recharge

Edit: Plus, if you manage to buy one of the 5 houses before other people get there, you can lock the door and be 100% safe from the zombies, which defeats the purpose of having zombies at all

Edit again: And because people have to wait for the gun dealer to come by spawn, there's too many people prop climbing over the zombies, which again defeats the prupose

#14 ThomEgemcity

ThomEgemcity
  • PipPipPipPipPip

• 5,418 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:11

I completely agree with hat.
I think the rp part of it is gone with zombies.
It's more like L4D-mode without a good storyline, or good maps for that matter.

That's why I'm not proud to be Dutch.

#15 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:19

Why did we change to ZRP anway?

#16 Cyrill Jones

Cyrill Jones

• 2,163 posts

JAH!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:23

I have no idea.

It sucks tbh :/

Inaat : urban ddpat

Inaat : u serios

#17 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 28 April 2011 - 13:12

How about a custom map where there is a town part, and an outside part where you have to defend the gate to prevent zombies swarming into town?
Best of both. Enough peace for DRP inside, enough zombies for ZRP outside :)

LDT is LDT.

#18 Kazaki

Kazaki

• 248 posts

Coder

Posted 28 April 2011 - 13:14

We had a pretty awesome time last night xD. We Made a "Safe Zone" surrounded by walls and gates and ppl built their shops inside xD... and we tried to push forward on the Fast zombie spawn and failed terribly.
Past Projects: TTT Pack & Modifications, Evolve Modifications & Extras, Quake Sounds, Kaz's Epic MOTD, Pointshop Modifications & Extras, KazHtml Changeable MOTD, Deathrun, KQS Update.

Future Projects: ???

#19 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 15:14

I dislike both gamemodes, ZRP is a good concept -better than DRP-, but it's executed even worse than DRP.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#20 MrBacon

MrBacon

• 53 posts

Melon is not a fag

Posted 28 April 2011 - 15:32

I should make a new RP to be happy.

Wait, I can't make shit D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users