Keypad crackers for police?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 02 April 2011 - 19:37

Since keypad-enabled doors are a valid way to secure a base, shouldn't police be able to have crackers?

If they don't spawn with them, at the very least there should be a way to spawn a single keypad cracker (As opposed to a shipment)

Kinda unfair that theifs can get in while police can't

Also, unfreezing props is both 1: Mingey, and 2: Useless against welded props (Particularly welded to world)

#2 Marmite

Marmite

• 2,272 posts

MADmin

Posted 02 April 2011 - 19:42

I think this is a really good idea, especially when u get mingebags like Der who just DM as a thief using keypads that police cant get into

Nyan1.png

76561197982691682.png

#3 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 02 April 2011 - 22:03

Hmm, I think the police chief should be able to buy them 1 by one and shipments.

Deadly...
http://www.garrysmod...a=view&id=71598

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#4 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 02 April 2011 - 22:32

But police captain is harder to get. I think police should spawn with them. Or at least a way of getting through keypads if they have a warrant. Its really annoying when people who you need to arrest just throw up a quick fading door as your trying to get through their normal door.

#5 Cyrill Jones

Cyrill Jones

• 2,163 posts

JAH!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 22:33

There should be normal crackers and then super crackers :P

The police come with normal and they have the ability to buy the super one.

Inaat : urban ddpat

Inaat : u serios

#6 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 02 April 2011 - 22:53

Or the mayor/chief of police can equip his staff with the equipment and but the shipments.

LDT is LDT.

#7 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 02 April 2011 - 23:13

I thought about that psycix, but that's not something for this RP. Buyable crackers for captains or even officers are simple, easy and it works.
Free crackers? No.

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#8 (uk)pezzzz

(uk)pezzzz

• 128 posts

User

Posted 03 April 2011 - 00:01

There should be normal crackers and then super crackers :P

The police come with normal and they have the ability to buy the super one.

I use to go on this server that had a thife job and a pro one who had a faster lock pick and cracker and the server also had the rams unweld props or not alow people to weld to the world.

#9 hotspotmar

hotspotmar

• 403 posts

Regular User

Posted 03 April 2011 - 00:08

Bob can i have some crackers?

Free crackers? No.

But what are you supposed to do when you have a person lock something from the inside but not the out, HAT!
hotspotmar 바보야: IMMA FUCK A WHITE BITCH IMMA FUCK A WHITE BITCH IMMA FUCK A WHITE BITCH IMMA
[LDT] my_hat_stinks [GFL]: http://www.marlene-a...leWhiteDog1.jpg
[LDT] my_hat_stinks [GFL]: You're a sick, sick man...

#10 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 03 April 2011 - 00:19

But what are you supposed to do when you have a person lock something from the inside but not the out, HAT!

Not my fault, the map locks those doors :P
You're fault for closeing them ;)

About the "super" cracker discussion, I thought of something like an instant cracker/lockpick available only to the "Admin on duty" job
Would help admins check if something is prop block, and "Admin on duty" shouldn't really be part of the rp so it wouldn't really help the admin at all, except to enforce rules

There should probably also be a limit to the number of fading doors used per base, because it just starts to get rediculous cracking 5 keypads while being shot at

#11 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 03 April 2011 - 00:35

Maybe admins should be able to "admin mode" where they look like ghosts with the text OOC-Admin above them.
In that mode they do not interact in the RP world except for checking if stuff is ok. If it is not ok, they mention it to the player, if it isn't fixed, the illegal objects will be removed without discussion.

Buuuuut darkRP is flawed in many ways anyway so meh...

LDT is LDT.

#12 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:08

Admin class works fine with that; Just state in the description (or in the rules) that admin is an OOC class (or set the job title to OOC admin or something similar) and give them a modified keypad cracker; one that instantly cracks keypads, that way you can check to make sure bases are legitamate. not difficult ^^

As for Hat's suggestion about the limit of fading doors, this is an absolute MUST. There MUST be a set limit for fading doors in the rp server; I recommend 2 or 3 fading doors per BASE, NOT per PERSON. (just want to make that point clear for future reference)

And yes, @Hat's post, super crackers are available ONLY to admins, and ONLY when they're in an OOC character. If an admin is RPing, he does NOT have access to that tool, he must go to the Admin On Duty class in order to utilize it.

Any questions, feel free to ask me :P

#13 Deadlycupcakemix

Deadlycupcakemix

• 227 posts

Most hated person here.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:41

The keypad cracker will be added to the police in the downtime today, and will be in the police standart equipment.

Fading doors will be removed as they are just too abuse sensitive, or I will try and find a good way to make it less abuseable.

I am busy on an admin mode for the "admin on duty" job where the admin goes automaticly into noclip.

I am busy on different types of lockpicks and keypad crackers.

Prices of weapons will be slightly raised as it's more a gunfest out there.

Also, mind stop complaining about things that have been fixxed/added ages ago? (admins)
Because evil always finds a way.

#14 Marshmellow

Marshmellow

• 915 posts

Ambassador

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:30

Guys. I have a suggestion.
For the server I am an admin on, the police battering ram bot unwelds and unfreezes.
Also, fading doors are pickable.
Not sure if the owner coded them himself (Its quite likely), or if he found them somewhere.
Anyway, this works pretty well, so would something along the lines of this be acceptable?
-

#15 Deadlycupcakemix

Deadlycupcakemix

• 227 posts

Most hated person here.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:33

This is standard in darkrp XD!

HE grenades also do the job.

#16 Marshmellow

Marshmellow

• 915 posts

Ambassador

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:39

Wait, wasn't there a glitch where the shotgun mows down doors?
-

#17 Deadlycupcakemix

Deadlycupcakemix

• 227 posts

Most hated person here.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:45

Wait, wasn't there a glitch where the shotgun mows down doors?

It is not a glitch, it is supposed to do that. The prices of a shotgun will be raised with TONS as they are really powerfull and mow down doors like they are cakes on a stick ( what?).

#18 Marshmellow

Marshmellow

• 915 posts

Ambassador

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:47

Oh well.
Not too realistic, and it was fixed some time ago on that other server.
-

#19 Deadlycupcakemix

Deadlycupcakemix

• 227 posts

Most hated person here.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:48

I can also fix it, but I won't.

#20 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:09

What's the point of giving the police keypad crackers if you're gonna disable fading doors? Couldn't you limit the amount of fading doors to like, 1?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users