Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:41

How about resetting anyone with >30k?
Still resets me, but meh...

#22 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 13:33

So, every time the server restarts, it resetted to those values? :\ Explains a lot.

Reset IS needed, please do one. (It's just removing a ton of .txt files, right?)
Also, if you could, give everyone like 500$ by default.

The entire point of an RP server is to both facilitate new players, as well as keep old ones playing. The reason they DO so, is an economy. If you took a top 10 RP server, and reset everyone's money, they would probably lose about 75% of their memberbase INSTANTLY, just because people don't want to have to start all over and earn all that money again.

That's not to mention that it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to earn money at the moment with $500 to start out; the cost of buying a money printer ALONE is TWICE that, not to mention the attachments for it, not to mention a weapon to defend yourself, and thats not considering the possibility of charging for props in the future (if you're going to implement this.)

The economy needs to be both noob-friendly (Because nothing is more frustrating than having 0 dollars in a new server. They won't come back, trust me) but not overinflated (No one should have billions and billions of dollars)

However, having some RICH people is ALRIGHT - Hundreds of thousands is easily acceptable - That much money takes a long amount of time to get, and it can be easily spent on a few shipments.

#23 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 15:04

Arex, don't even try comparing this to a top 10 RP. This RP hasn't built up a group of "old players" yet, the only regulars are community members, like you and me. So that argument is invalid.

The gamemode is flawed anyway, there's an infinite money sources (salary, moneyprinters) and there's infinite money pits. (Like doors, props, ammo)
Don't even bother trying to establish an economy on this gamemode.

But I agree, you should have AT LEAST 1k when you start.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#24 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 03 April 2011 - 18:26

If you took a top 10 RP server, and reset everyone's money, they would probably lose about 75% of their memberbase INSTANTLY, just because people don't want to have to start all over and earn all that money again.

True, but this server is less than a week old.

1 K starting money would be nice. Maybe even 1500 so that people go yeahyum!

LDT is LDT.

#25 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 23:18

This could eventually be a top 10 RP, Im not saying it IS right now, but it could easily become one. Im just saying for future reference, money resets should be avoided at all costs.

#26 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:11

Of course, the only reason we want to know is because people have cheated money from the Beta.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users