• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 05 April 2011 - 00:50

E2 is still broke

It's always saying "Loading extensions", and any E2 you spawn (Including dupe) is always "None"

#42 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:16

by that logic bob, a thief can arrest people for breaking into his house and a doctor can rob someone because they left the front door open.

The classes are there for a reason: thieves rob people, doctors heal people, etc. There are some crossovers; ex, thieves can sell things that they've stolen, etc, but you don't see police officers offering to heal people, and you shouldn't see doctors holding people up at gunpoint. Thats the point Im trying to make: Stick to your classes.

Also, I believe keypad cracker is still broken. Thats a major thing that needs to be fixed :(

#43 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:09

I know, people should stick to their classes, but stealing is different, you wouldn't make sex offender or speeding limit exceeder a job either now. Doctors shouldn't because they get demoted and put to jail if they get caught, but hey, you think no doctor ever stole anything? Sure, mugging people is a different, and should only be done as a mafia member, drug dealer or similar criminal role, but why shouldn't the same go for stealing?

Thiefs can't arrest, and only doctors can heal, that's a class specific ability, there wouldn't be a point in starting a gun shop if you're not a weapon dealer.

So yeah, stick to your classes, for sure, but stealing is so common, it shouldn't be a class.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#44 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 05 April 2011 - 13:43

No comments on the E2 thing? :(

Things like This would make roleplaying banker, for example, a lot easier :P
If it's not obvious, it keeps track of bank accounts, and automatically adds 2.5% interest every 600 seconds ;)

#45 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 13:50

Im very very very very very (Bolded and underlined for emphasis) uncomfortable with allowing e2 on the server. The reason is, I've had experience with minges who will upload their own e2 utilities that are nothing more than mega minge things; I had people bring in e2 rocket launcher turrets that constantly killed everyone on the map, I had people bring in nuclear weapons and detonate them outside of someone's base, I had one guy bring in a special keypad cracker that would tell him the code that the keypad is using, and would crack it instantly..

I just don't like the potential negatives of e2. You can do the same interest building with wiremod if you take the time to set it up. :)

#46 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 13:50

Im very very very very very (Bolded and underlined for emphasis) uncomfortable with allowing e2 on the server. The reason is, I've had experience with minges who will upload their own e2 utilities that are nothing more than mega minge things; I had people bring in e2 rocket launcher turrets that constantly killed everyone on the map, I had people bring in nuclear weapons and detonate them outside of someone's base, I had one guy bring in a special keypad cracker that would tell him the code that the keypad is using, and would crack it instantly..

I just don't like the potential negatives of e2. You can do the same interest building with wiremod if you take the time to set it up. :)

#47 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 05 April 2011 - 14:30

Arex, couldn't those problems be solved by restricting it to trusted ranks? :P

After all, if you abuse trusted, you lose it

Also, to track the same 10 customers with regular chips will take a stupid amount of time and arithmetic chips, which, if you somehow managed to get past the limit, would start to lag the server a lot more than the ~40 ops it takes for the E2 to hold the values and refresh the screen (Once a second, that's all that's needed)

Also, with the E2 you never need to re-wire anything (There's only one connection between the screen and E2) while you'd need to rewire for every customer, or have extra unnccessary gates from dupes (Which might not even fully dupe)

If your non-E2 version consists of too many objects, then you'd have to re-create parts of it every time you paste it, and I've run into bugs before where even if it does fully dupe, some wires might dissapear consistantly every time. There's nothing more boring than recreating something for the tenth time after you've rejoined, particularly when you can make a mistake that might be hard to find

Plus, I'm pretty sure you can't get a wirelink without E2, so you'd need a seperate screen for each bank account that's open, quickly filling all your space

#48 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 05 April 2011 - 14:40

E2, donator only, and no E2 weaponry.
http://verbswish.com.../08/simples.bmp

E2 can only be used for stuff like gunshops, money collectors and to simplify normal wire circuitry. No turrets or missiles, no applyforce flying stuff.

LDT is LDT.

#49 Arex

Arex

• 410 posts

Awesome.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 19:16

If it's limited to certain people and the like, then that's an idea that I can get behind. I might even learn how to code in e2 just for that reason; however, ONLY trusted people should be able to use it methinks, to avoid teh minges :(

#50 my_hat_stinks

my_hat_stinks

• 4,340 posts

Not a people person

Posted 05 April 2011 - 19:57

I might even learn how to code in e2 just for that reason

I can teach you the basics of E2, but once you have the basics I recommend you teach yourself advanced stuff using This (Coincidentally the first hit when googling "Gmod E2")
Without the wiki I wouldn't have made a lot of the stuff I have

#51 NinjaAssassin

NinjaAssassin

• 586 posts

Regular User

Posted 05 April 2011 - 20:33

I wantz tutz too :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users